Status
Not open for further replies.

rbrylawski

Sir Rod - MOL
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 11, 2014
Tampa, FL
Hope everyone is well. Anyone heard from HB? Miss that guy.

He and I chatted via email yesterday. He's pretty sour on the forum at the moment and said he may not return. I asked him to reconsider as I said that cutting off the forum also cuts off the friendships he's made here. I'm not sure I made any progress though. So maybe everyone needs to post something here to him. He does lurk..........

rbrylawski

Sir Rod - MOL
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 11, 2014
Tampa, FL
Reactions: AstroTurf

rbrylawski

Sir Rod - MOL
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 11, 2014
Tampa, FL
So...the avatar files can be larger, but their appearance is smaller. mmmmkay.

Larger, yes. But that's not saying much. When the new ECF opened on Friday, everyone's previous avatar carried over. But if one decided they wanted to change their avatar, as I did, one was met with a 5KB file size limit. That's incredibly tiny. So I started a campaign on the Feedback Forum for an increase in Avatar size, which was upgraded as of today from 5KB to 30 KB. That's still a pretty teeny size file, when the average cell phone takes pictures in the mega-pixels, but better none-the-less. So, the net of this is, it was almost impossible for me to make an avatar file that small, but much easier to make one bigger than 5KB, but no bigger than 30KB. However, they're still small and low resolution. That's my story and I'm sticking with it. Yes I am........

Mowgli

Runs with scissors
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 25, 2013
Taxachusetts
Larger, yes. But that's not saying much. When the new ECF opened on Friday, everyone's previous avatar carried over. But if one decided they wanted to change their avatar, as I did, one was met with a 5KB file size limit. That's incredibly tiny. So I started a campaign on the Feedback Forum for an increase in Avatar size, which was upgraded as of today from 5KB to 30 KB. That's still a pretty teeny size file, when the average cell phone takes pictures in the mega-pixels, but better none-the-less. So, the net of this is, it was almost impossible for me to make an avatar file that small, but much easier to make one bigger than 5KB, but no bigger than 30KB. However, they're still small and low resolution. That's my story and I'm sticking with it. Yes I am........

The problem is that this software shows our personal statistics, forum statistics, search & media share buttons in the right side "column".
Share could be an option in the menu bar and the rest could be stashed somewhere else to make way for content.
I just noticed that the share buttons are also redundantly located at the bottom of the page :facepalm:
We need elbow room (and larger avatars).

What are you here for; statistics or content?
We need the option to choose different skins and widescreen as we did with vbulletin.
That would allow for larger avatars, pictures, etc...
You know...content.

The Ocelot

Psychopomp
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
The Clock Barrens, Fillory
The problem is that this software shows our personal statistics, forum statistics, search & media share buttons in the right side "column".
Share could be an option in the menu bar and the rest could be stashed somewhere else to make way for content.
I just noticed that the share buttons are also redundantly located at the bottom of the page :facepalm:
We need elbow room (and larger avatars).

What are you here for; statistics or content?
We need the option to choose different skins and widescreen as we did with vbulletin.
That would allow for larger avatars, pictures, etc...
You know...content.

Oh come now! Are you saying you don't like the blinding white background with an amateurish logo all over it? Personally, I don't think there are enough logo bubbles. There should be more, lots more, and bigger ones. God forgive someone mistakenly think they are drunk in a cheap all-night restaurant trying to read a menu under florescent lights at 2AM.

07f4695f7aa16794b8ca4962d9cd15e0.jpg

By the way, has anyone visited the arcade?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread