RDA Question for Derringer owners: Spit back

Status
Not open for further replies.

BeerGolfClouds

ECF Veteran
Apr 3, 2014
Orange County, CA, USA
I just picked up a Derringer clone (5 rings) and copper SMPL clone from AC. It's a sweet looking little combo, but I can't get over the amount of spit back I'm getting. Does anyone with experience with this rda have a solution? I'd rather not use a longer drip tip, as the small overall size of the setup is what I was going for. I've tried a 26ga 2mm 7-wrap dual and a 24ga 5/32" 5-wrap vertical dual, and tried both KGD and rayon. Am I doomed simply due to the small stature of this thing?

BeerGolfClouds

ECF Veteran
Apr 3, 2014
Orange County, CA, USA
Thanks guys! Duh I should have thought of that :) Just threw a fresh microcoil build in there and positioned them as close as possible to the air holes; problem solved. I love how cool of a vape this rda provides despite its small size. With a .20 ohm build it's got above average flavor and vapor production. Nice little atty and it looks so awesome on the SMPL.

Verb

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 26, 2014
Eastern, PA, USA
I've been dealing with this too, so far my solution has been to not draw too hard, I don't lung hit anyways so not a huge deal for me. I'll have to move my coil further out next build and see how that goes.

I actually find the opposite helps. For me, spitting occurs if the coil is underpowered, not getting enough air, or over juiced. Pulling harder will often eliminate spitting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread