Status
Not open for further replies.

cobalt327

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 1, 2012
USA
Scott mentions the O-rings causing hard disassembly, I'm in the habit of using VG as a lube on the O-rings and threads and all my attys disassemble w/o any hassle at all- and I'm sure the majority of those reading this will also use VG or juice as well. Makes things a lot easier.

What I'm psyched about is the ease of building it! Start to end, couldn't take more than a couple minutes and even w/o glasses I could do it. Not saying winding a conventional coil (or two) is a deal breaker, just saying this is MUCH easier than, say, a dual coil Aqua v2 build. Easy top fill is a plus, too.

Has anyone used rayon or cotton in a Nextgen? Maybe wrapping the rayon around the rolled up mesh then wrapping the whole thing w/the coil wire would work, what I don't know is if that would be any better than just mesh w/o anything else. Thing is I've never vaped using a mesh or rope wick so this is new territory for me, and that's part of the allure to me- something new and outside of my comfort zone. So I'm very much looking forward to this atty, a lot like my first Kayfun.

EDO

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 15, 2009
S
Has anyone used rayon or cotton in a Nextgen? Maybe wrapping the rayon around the rolled up mesh then wrapping the whole thing w/the coil wire would work, what I don't know is if that would be any better than just mesh w/o anything else.

Well we certainly are biased in this section of the forum, but you get the best vape from a straight mesh build when it is done right. I have set up other gennies with straight cotton and mesh/cotton combo wicks. The problem is the cotton starts gunking up real fast and after a day or two you have to replace the cotton. I don't have to replace my mesh wicks for a couple of months. So it wouldn't make sense to wick the Nextgen with cotton because you would not only have to rewick every few days but would have to replace the coil as well because of the way it is designed.

snow blind

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 12, 2012
PA
Ugh getting one seems impossible. :|

Exactly. I attempted to join the FB group but it looks like it's closed. I really dislike the whole group and list method of getting vape gear... i dont desire anything "that" bad.

SXK and Yeahsmo make beautiful 1:1 clones...i'd recommend those if you can't score an authentic (and likely none of us here on ECF can lol). I have a SXK clone inbound and will do a quick review when it comes in (looks like end of next week).

Reactions: odivad

EDO

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 15, 2009
Interesting. When you mention "best vape" is that taste, longevity of the build or both? Reason is, I don't mind rewicking/recoiling- I'm all about the flavor.

Again we are biased in this section....but IMHO best possible vape in terms of flavor is from mesh wicks. But the learning curve to set up a genesis correctly with a mesh wick is pretty high....so that is why most people don't use genesis atties anymore. Well that and the fact that most gennies leak.

TKS

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 28, 2015
Exactly. I attempted to join the FB group but it looks like it's closed. I really dislike the whole group and list method of getting vape gear... i dont desire anything "that" bad.

At the price it's going for I'm not too hot about it either, I could wait until the fellow decides to open sales up for pre order or something with a bit more access. Tired of Facebook nonsense, I thought that garbage would have died by now, amazing to see how many people willing to use the damn corny thing even until today, some with borderline insane usage time.

Unless this guy is trying to create brand awareness and hype along the lines of something like Rolex or Glas Mods, this kind of sale method makes absolutely no sense to me. Ah well maybe I'll have better luck with the V2 if that ever decides to be more accessible.

Next up ..BF-99 v2 Black

Great. Can't find this either anymore.

Clay333

Verified Member
Jun 15, 2014
LaGrange, GA, US
I would really love to try this atty, but being into high end atties and not doing Facebook definitely holds me back from getting the things I want. Hopefully the modder will just be doing this for his first few batches to get feedback, then go improve the design, and come back out with a v1.2 or v2 and ramp up production for the masses. I have seen a few modders do that and it seems to work out pretty good.

Take Pete from Ubertoot for example. He started out with a simple idea of an atty posted on UKV. He worked for it and finally got a batch ran off to his extremely high standards. People loved it and now he has made some slight revisions and is releasing a new batch, granted not exactly on a huge scale yet, but he's working at it. He has had some issues on his path, but has been completely transparent and up front about ever detail that has gone on. It has been nearly a year since all of the started (which is more like a decade in vaping) and he has still kept everyone's attention while gaining more as he goes. That says alot about his design. I commend him for that which is why I put a ton of effort into the release this past Tuesday and scored a UTA2 and mini kit.

I definitely hope to get a Next Gen one day. I have heard that it does has some issues, so hopefully those will be fixed and they will become obtainable. If not my Ubertoot, Origen Genesis v2 mkII, and Nahualon will just have to keep me content for tanks. Although I'm sure the Next Gen will always be in the back of my head until I get to finally try it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread