Status
Not open for further replies.

Bill's Magic Vapor

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 8, 2013
USA
Riddle me this...what can I do with: vanilla custard, sweet cream, cheesecake (graham crust), and juicy peach? I just got these to try out and I'm looking for ideas. I've got a few other flavors from other manufacturers, but I think this is a strictly TFA thread

It's not that strict, just that most of us don't have a lot of experience with flavors made by other brands. With the ingredients above, you can make creams and custards (unsweetened) as supporting flavors for you juicy peach. You can see my post above about different bases, but, generally, many sweet dessert type juices will benefit greatly from vanillas, creams and sweeteners. Personally, I like to pair sweet cream with sweetener, and Bavarian cream with cotton candy. Both will benefit with a bit of vanilla swirl, which may be the sweetest of the TFA vanillas. Personally, I can't mix without all of them. Two cents. :toast: :D

Bill's Magic Vapor

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 8, 2013
USA
Thanks for the quick response Bill! What do you suggest as a sweetener? I've heard some use sucralose. Also about vanilla, can I use store bought vanilla extract or artificial vanilla?
Thanks again for the advice.

For sweeteners, I use TFA Sweetener and Cotton Candy. For Vanilla, I most often use TFA Vanilla Swirl, Vanilla Bean Ice Cream, French Vanilla Cream, Vanilla Custard, and Vanilla Cupcake. Occasionally, I'll use the Vanilla Gelato and Vanilla Bourbon. I do not use store bought sucralose, vanilla extract or artificial vanilla. Since TFA is making flavorings that most often are used in vaping recipes, I trust them more than flavorings whose primary purpose is their use in cooking. This is not to say that one is necessarily better than another, just more of a precaution for me, than anything else. Good luck to you! :toast: :D

:2cool: :vapor:

this is my name

ECF Veteran
Oct 13, 2014
North Little Rock, AR, USA
Thanks again for the swift advice. Guess I'll be waiting on some of that stuff then. If what I have is unvapeable then I could just vape on unflavored vg while I wait. I'm not doing nicotine in diy, not sure if this affects the need for more sweetener. What are your thoughts?

I would start by searching this thread for fruit circles recipes. I have seen some good ones on here. Like many primary flavorings, they benefit from creams, vanillas and sweeteners. Good luck! :toast: :D

I just mixed this. It's a bit on the lemony side at the moment, i'll see how it vapes in 24 hours too... The blueberry with fruit circles seems to be a great combination, but i need to get the %s right.

Fruit Circles 8%
Vanilla Swirl 5%
Malted Milk 3%
Sweet Cream 2%
Strawberry ripe 2%
Strawberry 2%
Blueberry Extra 2%

60/40 VG/PG

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
angryvaper.crypticsites.com
I finally ordered some TFA Cotton Candy -- so now I'll be able to do the Cream Fantastico properly. :thumb: For the moment I'm giving up on that multi-mixed-fruit recipe (not permanently, just for now); I was thinking of trying the Cream Fantastico, when I get the Cotton Candy, and adding about the same amount of the DX Banana Cream as the strawberry; banana is pretty good with both blueberries and strawberries.

I also ordered some TFA "Sour", to play around with for my Strawberries and Cream recipe; hoping it might give me a little more *bite* so I can knock the sweetness down without losing flavor. Of course since tart/sour is a long way from anything I really like, I would probably only use something like .5%.

I also ordered a 4oz bottle of the TFA sweetener. I think the problem I was having with sweetness is because I was using ECX's branded sweetener, from which I get a much more artificial taste than from the TFA sweetener. No idea why, since they're both sucralose. But TFA definitely seems to do a better job with it.

Andria

Bill's Magic Vapor

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 8, 2013
USA
I just mixed this. It's a bit on the lemony side at the moment, i'll see how it vapes in 24 hours too... The blueberry with fruit circles seems to be a great combination, but i need to get the %s right.

Fruit Circles 8%
Vanilla Swirl 5%
Malted Milk 3%
Sweet Cream 2%
Strawberry ripe 2%
Strawberry 2%
Blueberry Extra 2%

60/40 VG/PG

One suggestion I do have for cereal vapes that I've had really nice results with is the dulce de leche. This flavor adds that sort of bottom of the bowl sweet milk flavor to the mix that reminds me of every bowl of cereal that I ever ate as a kid. Really good to me. YMMV. Good luck!

One suggestion I do have for cereal vapes that I've had really nice results with is the dulce de leche. This flavor adds that sort of bottom of the bowl sweet milk flavor to the mix that reminds me of every bowl of cereal that I ever ate as a kid. Really good to me. YMMV. Good luck!
Unfortunately I don't have dulce de leche, so I subbed in malted milk instead. The next batch I'm going to bump up the strawberry and may be try a bit more of the malted milk. I used your advice by trying both strawberry and strawberry ripe together instead of just one by itself.

Papillon61

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 22, 2015
Sunshine Isle
Bill and everyone who can solve the mystery - something weird happened yesterday.

The first DIY I mixed off my own bat is something I mix with watermelon, peach, vanilla custard, pinacolada and EM. It is a clear juice and has always stayed clear in all my atties. I generally vape at somewhere between 8 and 10 watts.

Yesterday though I rebuilt my Nautilus bvc coil head and it turned out 1.6 ohms so the 10 watts wasn't really cutting it so I switched to the iStick to go up to 14-15 watts. Now comes the strange happening - my juice turned pink to purple! Could it be the extra heat?

I used kanthal 28awg and genuine Ko Gen Do cotton in my build.

Any thoughts?

Bill's Magic Vapor

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 8, 2013
USA
Bill and everyone who can solve the mystery - something weird happened yesterday.

The first DIY I mixed off my own bat is something I mix with watermelon, peach, vanilla custard, pinacolada and EM. It is a clear juice and has always stayed clear in all my atties. I generally vape at somewhere between 8 and 10 watts.

Yesterday though I rebuilt my Nautilus bvc coil head and it turned out 1.6 ohms so the 10 watts wasn't really cutting it so I switched to the iStick to go up to 14-15 watts. Now comes the strange happening - my juice turned pink to purple! Could it be the extra heat?

Any thoughts?
Can't think of why the heat may have done that. I would look for other causes. Perhaps a chemistry question for ItTechy, though. Puzzler. :toast:

Reactions: Papillon61

b.m.

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 30, 2014
Ohio

Any thoughts?
It could possibly be the extra heat.I have done the hot water bath on a few mixes in the past,and normally they won't change color much,but i had 2 that turned pink on me.Not sure if it was the flavors i used or the nic,but i haven't seen it happen in my tanks though,but i guess it could be the same,both would involve heat.

Reactions: Papillon61

Papillon61

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 22, 2015
Sunshine Isle
I will test it again tomorrow on my iTaste vv at 8 watts and see whether it changes colour again. It never did in that one. If it doesn't it might be the heat. At the moment I have a menthol in that one because I have a cold.
messy-sneeze.gif
:)

I also keep wondering whether it could be the Kanthal but why should it do that? The cotton? I doubt it.

chanelvaps

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 3, 2013
Burbank CAlifornia
Excellent information for my next order and THANKS Bill. First order will have to fall under live and learn. I did order all my flavors to make Twinkie, Pink Starburst and 2-3 others.
Most of my flavorings are in the 20 - 30% range, so 6% PG/Nic would work for all of them from about 30 - 36% PG/70 - 64% VG. With such a small difference between 30/70 and 36/64, you may not even notice the difference. While I have never seen nicotine separate from anything I've ever mixed, I suppose it could happen under the right conditions. Probably a question for ItTechy, our resident chemist. What most people have trouble with with VG is using it in a syringe. Me too! However, I use these tips:

I cut these guys and make an even larger hole, and they work fine with VG now. Also, I like these syringes for larger VG amounts:

These have a very large opening and work great, plus they hold 100 mls.

The main reason I use the VG/Nic, though, is that I mix to about 30% PG much of the time and use a 30/70 ratio. For me, and me alone, mind you, I like being able to do my 100DT tests while observing these parameters. Sometimes, you just get used to certain constants in your mixing journey, because they work for you, again and again, and all things being equal, I try to establish some sort of consistency, as it helps me in many ways in my juice making. There is certainly no one right or wrong way on any of this, and I post this just to share what my own experiences are. I know when I first started vaping, I was 30/70 VG/PG, the exact opposite of what I do now. Because my gear evolved over time, so did my juice, my nicotine content, my preferred flavorings, and my Base ratios. But, find what you like and do that, establish your own rhythms, find out for yourself what works, experiment, and be true to what you like to do, without too much regard for what others experience, as there's no right or wrong way with any of this. Main thing is to just go for it and find your own happy place. Good luck to you! :toast: :D

:vapor:

Papillon61

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 22, 2015
Sunshine Isle
My collection of flavours is growing very fast (and some of them are disappearing very fast too! ) - not all of them are TFA but most are. One that is not TFA is called Mintoff. Obviously it refers to Mint Toffee but I got it on a whim - Mintoff happens to be the name of a former Prime Minister of Malta whom we refer to as the Father of the Republic. :D Had to have a vape in his honour!! :D

RY-4
Fresh Mint
Chocolate Clementine
Mocca Flavour
Pineapple Flavour
Tiramisu Flavour
Spearmint Flavour
Caramel Flavour
Custard
Ethyl Maltol
Juicy Orange
Sweet Strawberry
Blueberry Pomegranate
Apple Pie (V2)
Marshmallow
Chocolate Caramel Nut (Snickers)
Double Chocolate
Sucralose Sweetener
Sweet Strawberry
Sweet Cream
Cheesecake (Graham Crust)
Vanilla Swirl
Vanilla Custard
Vanilla Bean Ice Cream
French Vanilla
Pie Crust
Coconut
Malibu Pinacolada
JD Whisky
Nectar Peach
Shape Up Pear
Big Watermelon
Glamour Chocolate
Acetyl Pyrazine 5%
Blueberry extra
Brown Sugar
Bubblegum
Caramel Candy
Cinnamon Spice
Cotton Candy
Dulce De Leche
Cinnamon Danish
English Toffee
French Vanilla Delux
DragonFruit
Hazelnut
Irish Cream
Jamaican Rum
Mango
Milk Chocolate
Peanut Butter
Pomegranate
Ripe Strawberry
Sweet and Tart
Toasted Marshmallow
Whipped Cream
Toasted Almond
Graham Cracker
Anise
Honey
Ripe Banana
Bananas Foster
Bavarian Cream
Apple
Blueberry wild
Grape Juice
Kentucky Bourbon
Key Lime
Lemon Lime
Raspberry
Juicy Lemon
Coconut Extra
Orange
Butterscotch
Butter
Cherry Double
Creamy Milk
Cinnamon Sugar Cookie
Egg Nog
Fudge Brownies
Gingerbread Cookie
Koolada
Menthol
Green Apple
Easy Lemon
Green Apple
Apple Crumble Flavour
Melon Flavour
Vanilla Bourbon Flavour
Cheesecake Flavour
Waffle Flavour
Absinthe Flavour
Condensed Milk Flavour
Mintoff Flavour
Marshmallow V2 Flavour
Custard Flavour

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
angryvaper.crypticsites.com
It's not that strict, just that most of us don't have a lot of experience with flavors made by other brands. With the ingredients above, you can make creams and custards (unsweetened) as supporting flavors for you juicy peach. You can see my post above about different bases, but, generally, many sweet dessert type juices will benefit greatly from vanillas, creams and sweeteners. Personally, I like to pair sweet cream with sweetener, and Bavarian cream with cotton candy. Both will benefit with a bit of vanilla swirl, which may be the sweetest of the TFA vanillas. Personally, I can't mix without all of them. Two cents. :toast: :D

I agree, Bill, and I'm so glad I found this thread and learned about using the TFA creams and vanillas; though I'm kinda picky about diketones, they have some excellent "DX" variants, and that Vanilla Swirl is just amazing. Some other brands do have some excellent flavors; I'm quite partial to some Inawera flavors, because they're strong and true, though they're rather costly, compared to the others. And since I am so picky about diketones, I couldn't live without Capella's Sweet Cream, it's amazing, though I'm rather less than impressed with other Cap flavors. Still haven't gotten any Lorann Cream Cheese Icing; everytime ECX gets it, I'm broke, then when I get some money, I go to try and buy it, and ECX is out of stock.

I'm all antsy for the flavors I just ordered, but they won't be here for a few days. :grr:

Andria

Bill's Magic Vapor

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 8, 2013
USA
My collection of flavours is growing very fast (and some of them are disappearing very fast too! ) - not all of them are TFA but most are. One that is not TFA is called Mintoff. Obviously it refers to Mint Toffee but I got it on a whim - Mintoff happens to be the name of a former Prime Minister of Malta whom we refer to as the Father of the Republic. :D Had to have a vape in his honour!! :D

RY-4
Fresh Mint
Chocolate Clementine
Mocca Flavour
Pineapple Flavour
Tiramisu Flavour
Spearmint Flavour
Caramel Flavour
Custard
Ethyl Maltol
Juicy Orange
Sweet Strawberry
Blueberry Pomegranate
Apple Pie (V2)
Marshmallow
Chocolate Caramel Nut (Snickers)
Double Chocolate
Sucralose Sweetener
Sweet Strawberry
Sweet Cream
Cheesecake (Graham Crust)
Vanilla Swirl
Vanilla Custard
Vanilla Bean Ice Cream
French Vanilla
Pie Crust
Coconut
Malibu Pinacolada
JD Whisky
Nectar Peach
Shape Up Pear
Big Watermelon
Glamour Chocolate
Acetyl Pyrazine 5%
Blueberry extra
Brown Sugar
Bubblegum
Caramel Candy
Cinnamon Spice
Cotton Candy
Dulce De Leche
Cinnamon Danish
English Toffee
French Vanilla Delux
DragonFruit
Hazelnut
Irish Cream
Jamaican Rum
Mango
Milk Chocolate
Peanut Butter
Pomegranate
Ripe Strawberry
Sweet and Tart
Toasted Marshmallow
Whipped Cream
Toasted Almond
Graham Cracker
Anise
Honey
Ripe Banana
Bananas Foster
Bavarian Cream
Apple
Blueberry wild
Grape Juice
Kentucky Bourbon
Key Lime
Lemon Lime
Raspberry
Juicy Lemon
Coconut Extra
Orange
Butterscotch
Butter
Cherry Double
Creamy Milk
Cinnamon Sugar Cookie
Egg Nog
Fudge Brownies
Gingerbread Cookie
Koolada
Menthol
Green Apple
Easy Lemon
Green Apple
Apple Crumble Flavour
Melon Flavour
Vanilla Bourbon Flavour
Cheesecake Flavour
Waffle Flavour
Absinthe Flavour
Condensed Milk Flavour
Mintoff Flavour
Marshmallow V2 Flavour
Custard Flavour

That is a very nice list and a great start. I'm still amazed that I can still be missing juices with 150+ of them in the cupboard, but it does happen occasionally. Learning to combine the right flavors to get great results is daunting at first, but there's so much information on this thread that can help you and others, you won't be alone, and a little digging can lead to great results. Keep up the great DIY efforts! :toast: :D

Bill's Magic Vapor

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 8, 2013
USA
Excellent information for my next order and THANKS Bill. First order will have to fall under live and learn. I did order all my flavors to make Twinkie, Pink Starburst and 2-3 others.
Those are some of my favorites too! Good luck with that. The Starburst flavorings allow us to make perhaps half a dozen or more different juices by changing the fruits. Twinkies are wonderful and there's something magical about the sweet cream and sweetener combination in that mix. It's very different from the more "danishy" Bavarian cream and cotton candy, which I also love. Good luck and please keep us posted! :toast: :D

Reactions: ItTechy

Bill's Magic Vapor

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 8, 2013
USA
I received a small order today that included the missing ingredients I needed to make Bill's lemon meringue pie. I did a 100dt and loaded it after letting it sit an hour or so. I really like it. Thanks Bill.
Great! That lemon is some delicate stuff. It does benefit from lower than normal heat. Too much can hurt the subtle flavorings of that mix. Good luck! :toast: :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread