awsum140

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2012
Sitting down, facing forward.
moanin', yet again, Volties.

In another thread learned this -

You cannot respond to PMs sent prior to the upgrade, the other party will not get it. You must start a NEW "conversation".

The links between old PMs and their recipient did not carry through to the new system.

ECF admin is aware of this.

Renolizzie

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 7, 2012
Northern Nevada, astride the "49er trail
Good morning, Voltmoaniacs.

I don't know. I think I like some of the new set up at ECF. I like the quote in a color bar.

It seems to be running faster.

Of course, I don't know much about programs and computers.

We got so much done yesterday! We got rid of the old TV cabinet I made into an armoire. I gave another neighbor some plants. My gardening buddy came over and we got potatoes planted. Two kind, Russian banana and Yukon Gold.

Hubby got the rest of the North veggie garden composted and rototilled. We still have the South 40x80 to do but it is nice to be halfway there.

I got the tubing laid down for the North Zone, as well. I had to order a few more tubing valve line starters and tubing enders so I will finish up the last couple of rows later in the week. We are ready to plant peas [Chinese pea pods and snap peas]. Maybe carrots and lettuce and rads, as well.

We got the gutters ordered from Home Sleazo and they are ready for pick up on Tuesday. We went with steel gutters. We have never done gutters before [neither of us] so I hope this goes smoothly.

I got the horse pen half cleaned up and will do the other half and the goat pen today.

The weeding is on going.

SandySu

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 24, 2011
Trumansburg, NY
Busy as always, aren't you, Lizzie? I hear Yukon Gold potatoes are the best kind to make mashed potatoes. I got on a mashed potato jag a while ago and looked up on the Internet the best way to make them, where I learned that. Another thing is to cut them into small pieces to boil them. It goes faster. And when they are boiled, drain the water and then heat them over the fire a few minutes to dry out all the water that might linger in them. So that's what I do now.

Last edited:

Renolizzie

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 7, 2012
Northern Nevada, astride the "49er trail
Sounds like a cute project to do, Zero. Which species are you making? Pics?

Good potatoes techniques, SandySu.

My favorite potatoes are red potatoes, cubed, boiled, drained, dry them in the pan, add butter, salt and just a little paprika, fry in the butter a little while. Delicious.

Semiretired

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 24, 2011
Middle Georgia
How are you doing with the grooming and exercise business?

I spent yesterday and the day before making stuffed animals for the church Fall Festival.

May I ask for a pic of the animals you make? When my daughter was young we used to collect them so much so I would like to see what you make...

3mg Meniere

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 24, 2013
Tomah Wisconsin
I have two jointed teddy bears, large and small, a sitting squirrel, two-piece bear and bunny, a large jointed bunny, a sitting dog, a standing cat, an elephant, a stylized dog, and a turtle. The new ones are a standing squirrel, a whale, a stylized moose, and a stylized giraffe, and a kangaroo. I am taking the new ones into town today to make enlarged photocopies.

I already used up most of the joints and eyes I got Saturday. Will have to place another order, once I get a bunch more cut out and assembled, and find out what I need.

Both social threads have asked for pix. Will do so when I finish-- maybe a month or so.

Semiretired

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 24, 2011
Middle Georgia
I have two jointed teddy bears, large and small, a sitting squirrel, two-piece bear and bunny, a large jointed bunny, a sitting dog, a standing cat, an elephant, a stylized dog, and a turtle. The new ones are a standing squirrel, a whale, a stylized moose, and a stylized giraffe, and a kangaroo. I am taking the new ones into town today to make enlarged photocopies.

I already used up most of the joints and eyes I got Saturday. Will have to place another order, once I get a bunch more cut out and assembled, and find out what I need.

Both social threads have asked for pix. Will do so when I finish-- maybe a month or so.

Sounds like a great assortment. I will wait for the pics. :D

tmcase

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2011
Morning Volties. I wanted to share Rave's and my adventure into my woods last Weds. She did a sleep-over so we had plenty of time to explore.

Good news first: We found 2 morels. Not much but at least we know they are there. We found lots of pretty flowers that I didn't know the name of. The ones I remember are May Apples, Violets, Spring Beauties, Jack and the Pulpit and something Goldensel. She laughed at my pond-not. :sneaky: It's only a test hole about 2' x 2' and around 5" deep but it's holding water and that is what I wanted to know.

Bad news: A lot of my trees are dead or dying, mostly Poplar. Some of the larger trees have Virginia Creeper all the way to the top and we saw a lot of Tent Caterpillar nests. We even found a tree that was entombed from ground to top with silk and crawling with caterpillars. :shock: We even found a grape ivy vine that was at least 4" in diameter and went clear to the top of a tree. :-x I cut a chunk out of the base so hopefully it will die.

As usual we had a great time. We spent a lot of time chattin and exploring. I always hate it when she leaves. :cry:

cindycated

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 19, 2011
San Francisco, CA
Have you all figured out yet that you don't have to click on that itty bitty blue dot at the beginning of a tread to get to the first unread post? Just click on the title.
I never even noticed the tiny blue dot until I read somebody complaining about it. :laugh:

rave

* Resident Wood Nymph *
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 20, 2009
Raven's Haven, Indiana
WHOOPPPIE . . .
jumping-for-joy-smiley-emoticon-2.gif

Now - We'll wait to see if the other show up too . . . ;)

I got my tag too, Uncle. Better late than never, huh? :laugh:

Thank gawd they left the :facepalm:. I'd be lost without that one. :lol:

You and me both!!

Oh, I do make and love frittatas and quiche, but today I only had a bowl of spaghetti and one egg left. :laugh: Seriously, no other food in the house.

Yeah, it's kinda rude. And suddenly I feel like I'm being strong-armed into donating and I don't even have enough money to survive right now. :(

Oh, I can't like those two posts, Cindy. But - I've been there too. Way back in the bad ole days. :(

One thing I noticed. This thread is the most active I've seen it on the weekend lol.:lol:

Good point! :laugh:

I thought that, too. Everyone is helping everyone else figure out the new system. It's something we all have in common, happening to everyone at the same time.

Not this ole gal. I'm a lazy bum. I've waited until they got most of the kinks worked out, and the rest of you figured everything out for me! :facepalm:

Yep. Rave says this is the only species in Indiana or at least in my area. So far I've only seen the male. He either doesn't have a mate or he isn't willing to share. :rolleyes:

Yep - only hummingbird species east of the Mississippi. The males arrive first in most of the migratory birds to stake out their claims and work out territorial battles. Then the ladies arrive and choose from the victors. Sounds like a good system to me!

I'm still trying to muddle through all of this, and will probably have to test a bunch of stuff out. :blink:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread