Looking for first RTA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dextrose

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 1, 2015
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Hello Jaz and welcome to ECF, i would suggest for your first RTA a Lemo or a Kayfun, there is also the UD Goblin, i have a few of all 3, now i like the goblin the best of all of them how ever it is a little tougher to build on as the deck is smaller, building on RTA's can be a bit of a pain in the .... at first but once you get used to it like all things you will do good, good luck and Happy Vaping :)

Fat_Tony_16

Apr 27, 2015
Honestly thinking you should go with the kanger subtank mini or full size. It comes with a 1.2 ohm coil head for non sub ohm mods and it also comes with a .5 ohm coil head just in case you decide to upgrade to the istick 30 watt or any sub ohm mod. But also has the RTA Section of course so you can build your coils to your liking which is what i suppose you want to do. This tank doesn't only make bangin flavor but makes clouds as well so your getting the best of both worlds!!!

Waddle

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 1, 2014
Korea
Both the Goblin and the Goliath are for cloud chucking. If you turn the juice flow down too much on the Goliath I think it will cause dry hits...unless of course you go at low watts. Kind of defeats the purpose in my opinion. If juice conservation is your goal stick to single coils.

The Orchid series are also cheap reliable dual coil RTAs with less juice consumption than the Goblin or Goliath.

Jim Beam

Feb 7, 2015
Cut And Shoot Texas
Hi Jaxs, methinks that you'll be happy going with something like a Kayfun lite.
Yeah it a single coil, though it vapes bout as good as a dual coil.
I mainly use a Orchid V4, batteries dont last as long as in whem Im using my Orchid.
Juice last longer, taiste is bout the same.
Kayfuns you can run it at 15watss at 2.2 ohms.
Orchids .8 ohms at 22 watts.
I bought four more Kayfun lites last night, won them in a auction.
It a hobby thingy I got going that got out of hand lol.
Got more 28g wire on the way.
Got a few friends that I may hook up.

Many options out there, try a kayfun.

Jim

roxynoodle

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 19, 2014
Ohio
Good, single coil flavor RTAs that work well with the istick 20W:

Lemo
Taifun
SquapeR
eXpromizer
Rose v2, but more difficult to build
And my new favorite, which looks great on the istick: EHPro Mini Buddha. Easy build, inexpensive, conservative on juice and good flavor. Vividsmoke carries them. They come in silver, black, red and purple.

BeerGolfClouds

ECF Veteran
Apr 3, 2014
Orange County, CA, USA
I vote for the Lemo. Easy to build on, glass tank, large juice capacity, plenty of airflow, no-tool refilling, doesn't leak (at least mine never has), inexpensive...I could go on and on. I prefer it over my dual-coil RTAs. Currently rocking a .9 ohm twisted 28ga build at 32.5 watts and it's just awesome.

BeerGolfClouds

ECF Veteran
Apr 3, 2014
Orange County, CA, USA
Has anyone here used the nautilus mini and the lemo 2 so that I can figure out if the lemo is going to go through the same amount of juice, more or less. I know my mileage will vary, but a ratio of nautilus to lemo will be helpful in locking it down

The amount of juice used varies based on your coil build, resistance, amount of power being applied, etc. So basically if you build a coil on the Lemo that's the same resistance as a coil in the Nautilus mini, and use the same amount of power to vape it as you would with a mini, then you can expect very similar juice usage rates. If you build a sub-ohm coil and/or crank up the wattage, however, expect to go through substantially more juice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread