I just made my own coil!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Altaire Versailles

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2013
Detroit MI
lol I know I sound like an idiot but I'm proud of myself!!!

Ive vaped over 2 years now and always used clearos for convenience. Somebody at my job stole my mod with my subtank on it and I was kind of ...... to have to wait a month to get a new one from FT. So Im sitting here trying to finagle a iclear 16 onto an old Vamo with stripped threads over and over and I'm getting even more irritated and then I remembered- I had this old $8 Octopus rda that I bought when I first started vaping and never used because I couldnt build anything under 1.2 ohms on it because I didnt have a mech mod, and I could never get it right and the vape sucked and it took 2 or 3 seconds to even fire. But I remembered I had just bought this cheapo $10 Sentinel mod a few weeks ago that I hadnt messed with yet!

So I tore off the 2 year old build that was still on there, punched another airhole in it with a nail and hammer, did a 4/5 wrap on the screw that came with the subtank, ran some koh gen do through it, tested it on the vamo, got 0.9ohms, dripped on it, rigged it up and put a fresh battery in my mod...cloud...cloud...CLOUD...LOOK WHAT I HAVE CREATEEEEEEEEEEEEEED!!!!!

I still want my subtank back though dripping is a PITA I dont wanna carry a bottle around for a month. But it beats that iclear16. I always thought the vape sucked so bad because I didnt know how to build it correctly, it was just I was building high resistance coils on a VW mod that didnt go above 15 watts.

I know nobody cares, whatever, I feel pretty damn great about it lol...

Altaire Versailles

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2013
Detroit MI
COngrats. It might not seem like a big deal, but it was exciting when I rebuilt my first Vivi Nova head all by myself a few years ago. That lead to my fav rebuildable atty that I still use everyday.

Now you got it and be careful. It can be so exciting that one can get carried away by the "atty" addiction.

Oh man I remember thinking the Vivi nova was the best thing anyone could ever think up...who knew

DingerCPA

Vaping Mistress
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2014
Corn 'n' Cows
Don't sell yourself short, Altaire. It's quite liberating knowing you can build your own coils now :)

I remember my first one, and I thought I was amazing and awesome :D That was almost a year ago, and I still have the itch to build. I have a couple of kayfun clones and a couple of RDAs. I *want* more, but I think I'm going to sit back for a while and play with what I have....

Thrasher

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2012
Madeira beach, Fla
Preview.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread