Status
Not open for further replies.

mac63

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 1, 2014
No dictionary has ever been able to satisfactorily define the difference between "complete" and "finished." However, during a recent linguistic conference, held in London, England, and attended by some of the best linguists in the world, Samsundar Balgobin, a Guyanese linguist, was the presenter when he was asked to make that very distinction.The question put to him by a colleague in the erudite audience was this: “Some say there is no difference between ‘complete’ and ‘finished.’ Please explain the difference in a way that is easy to understand.”

Mr. Balgobin’s response: “When you marry the right woman, you are ‘complete.’ If you marry the wrong woman, you are ‘finished.’ And, if the right one catches you with the wrong one, you are "Completely finished.”

Reactions: Fuzzy Bruce

Dryadsoul

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 15, 2015
Davenport. Ia. USA
A blonde woman is walking down State Street looking dazed and confused with her blouse half undone.
when she is accosted by a police officer. When the officer informs her that he'll have to arrest her if she
doesn't cover her nakedness, she looks down at her bare breast and cries out, "Oh damnit, I've left
the baby on the bus again."

Last edited:
Reactions: Nermal

mac63

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 1, 2014
A man is driving down a deserted stretch of highway

when he notices a sign out of the corner of his eye...

It reads:

SISTERS OF ST. FRANCIS HOUSE OF PROSTITUTION10 MILES

He thinks this is a figment of his imagination and drives on without second thought.

Soon he sees another sign which reads:

SISTERS OF ST. FRANCIS HOUSE OF PROSTITUTION5 MILES

Suddenly he begins to realize that these signs are for real and drives past a third sign saying:

SISTERS OF ST. FRANCIS HOUSE OF PROSTITUTIONNEXT RIGHT

His curiosity gets the best of him and he pulls into the drive. On the far side of the parking lot is a stone building with a small sign next to the door reading:

SISTERS OF ST. FRANCIS

He climbs the steps and rings the bell. The door is answered by a nun in a long black habit who asks, 'What may we do for you, my son?'

He answers, 'I saw your signs along the highway and was interested in possibly doing business....'

'Very well, my son. Please follow me.' He is led through many winding passages and is soon quite disoriented. The nun stops at a closed door and tells the man, 'Please knock on this door.'

He does so and another nun in a long habit, holding a tin cup answers the door. This nun instructs, 'Please place $100 in the cup then go through the large wooden door at the end of the hallway.'

He puts $100 in the cup, eagerly trots down the hall and slips through the door pulling it shut behind him.

The door locks, and he finds himself back in the parking lot facing another sign:

GO IN PEACE.
YOU HAVE JUST BEEN SCREWED BY

THE SISTERS OF ST. FRANCIS.
SERVES YOU RIGHT, YOU SINNER

FranC

Long time vaper.
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    A blonde, a redhead, and a brunette were all lost in the desert. They found a lamp and rubbed it. A genie popped out and granted them each one wish. The redhead wished to be back home. Poof! She was back home. The brunette wished to be at home with her family. Poof! She was back home with her family. The blonde said, "Awwww, I wish my friends were here."

mac63

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 1, 2014
    A few weeks ago, I was out on a with several friends. I had a few cocktails, followed by several glasses of wine. Despite my jolliness, I still had the sense to know that I was over the limit. That's when I decided to do what I have never done before: I took a cab home. Sure enough, there was a police road block on the highway but, since it was a cab, they waved it past. I arrived home safely without incident.

This was both a great relief and surprise because I had never driven a cab before. I don't even know where I got it from and, now that it is in my garage, I don't know what to do with it.

Reactions: Nermal

mac63

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 1, 2014
    You've seen all the commercials. But what really happens when you ask for help with an erection lasting more than 4 hours?

I walked into a drug store and asked to talk to a male pharmacist. The woman I was speaking with said she was the only pharmacist and since she and her sister owned the store, there were no male employees.

She asked if she could help me. I said that I really would have preferred to speak with a male pharmacist. She assured me that she was completely professional and whatever it was that I needed to discuss, I could be confident that she would treat me with a high level of professionalism.

I reluctantly agreed and began by saying, "As a shy man, this is tough for me to discuss, but here goes. I get erections every day that last more than four hours. This condition causes me a lot of problems and severe embarrassment. I was wondering what you could give me for it?"

The pharmacist said, "Just a minute, I'll talk to my sister."

When she returned, she said, "We discussed it at length and this is the absolute best we can do:
    * 1/3 ownership in the store,
    * a company pickup truck,
    * a king size bed and
    * $3,000 a month in living expenses."

Dryadsoul

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Mar 15, 2015
    Davenport. Ia. USA
    A man came home from work one day to find his wife on the front porch with her bags packed.

"Just where in the hell do you think you're going?" Asked the man.

"I'm going to Las Vegas." said the wife. "I just found out I can get $400 a night for what I give you for free!"

The man said, "Wait a minute." And then ran in the house only to return with his suitcases in hand.

"Where the hell are you going?" said the wife.

The man said, "I want to see how you're gonna live on $800 a year!"

mac63

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 1, 2014
    A Highway Patrol officer stops a Harley for traveling faster than the posted speed limit, so he asks the biker his name.

“Fred,” he replies.

“Fred what?” the officer asks.

“Just Fred,” the man responds.

The officer is in a good mood, thinks he might just give the biker a break, and write him out a warning instead of a ticket. The officer then presses him for the last name. The man tells him that he used to have a last name but lost it. The officer thinks that he has a nut case on his hands but plays along with it.

“Tell me, Fred, how did you lose your last name?”

The biker replies, “It's a long story, so stay with me. I was born Fred Johnson. I studied hard and got good grades. When I got older, I realized that I wanted to be a doctor. I went through college, medical school, internship, residency, and finally got my degree, so I was Fred Johnson, MD. After a while I got bored being a doctor, so I decided to go back to school.
    Dentistry was my dream! Got all the way through school, got my degree, so then I was Fred Johnson, MD, DDS. Got bored doing dentistry, so I started fooling around with my assistant and she gave me VD, so now I was Fred Johnson, MD, DDS, with VD.

“Well, the ADA found out about the VD, so they took away my DDS. Then I was Fred Johnson, MD, with VD. Then the AMA found out about the ADA taking away my DDS because of the VD, so they took away my MD leaving me as Fred Johnson with VD. Then the VD took away my Johnson, so now I am just Fred.”

The officer walked away in tears, laughing.

mac63

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 1, 2014
    I was walking down the street when I was accosted by a particularly dirty and shabby-looking homeless man who asked me for a couple of dollars for dinner.

I took out my wallet, extracted ten dollars and asked, "If I give you this money, will you buy some beer with it instead of dinner?"

"No, I had to stop drinking years ago," the homeless man replied.

"Will you use it to go fishing instead of buying food?" I asked.

"No, I don't waste time fishing," the homeless man said.. "I need to spend all my time trying to stay alive."

"Will you spend this on hunting equipment?" I asked.

"Are you NUTS!" replied the homeless man. "I haven't gone hunting in 20 years!"

"Well," I said, "I'm not going to give you money. Instead, I'm going to take you home for a shower and a terrific dinner cooked by my wife."

The homeless man was astounded. "Won't your wife be furious with you for doing that?

I replied, "Don't worry about that. It's important for her to see what a man looks like after he has given up drinking, fishing and hunting."

bssage

ECF Veteran
    Apr 23, 2010
    Iowa
    Its a scorching hot July day in Texas. A string walking down the road notices another string sitting on the curb resting from the heat. The first string approaches the second string and strike's up a conversation. They discuss string topics (current events that the string's have in common) when the first string say's " Hey lets go in hear and have a frosty one to cool off."

The second string says "We cant do that, They don't serve strings in there."

The first string reply's " No problem I can handle that."

And with that the two strings enter the tavern. The cool air attempts to escape when they walk in the door. The first string takes off his cap and running his fingers across his head fluff's up the end of the string allowing the cool air to pass thru, shrugging, and twisting in what appears to be an attempt to bathe in the cool air that now surrounds them.

The bartender walks over "What will you have boys" to which the first string replies "We'll take two frosty mugs of whatever you have on tap"

As the bartender moves the retrieve the order he Stops in his tracks looking back across his shoulder " Waaaiit a second,,,,, Are'nt you two, Strings??????"

To which the fist string quickly responds "Frayed Knot"

mac63

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 1, 2014
    THE MIRACLE OF TOILET PAPER

Fresh from my shower, I stand in front of the mirror complaining to my husband that my breasts are too small.
    Instead of characteristically telling me it's not so, he
    uncharacteristically comes up with a suggestion.

'If you want your breasts to grow, then every day take a piece of toilet paper and rub it between them for a few seconds'.

Willing to try anything, I fetch a piece of toilet paper and stand in front of the mirror, rubbing it between my breasts.

'How long will this take?' I asked.

'They will grow larger over a period of years,' my husband replies.

I stopped. 'Do you really think rubbing a piece of toilet paper between my breasts every day will make my breasts larger over the years?'

Without missing a beat he says, 'Worked for your ...., didn't it?'

He's still alive, and with a great deal of therapy, he may even walk again, although he will probably continue to take his meals through a straw.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread