Not open for further replies.

Rossum

Eleutheromaniac
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 14, 2013
SE PA
I've also been married for almost 30 years to a non-smoker. She's totally supportive of my vaping. If she wasn't, I'd ask her one simple question: "Would you rather I went back to smoking?"

To the OP: Has your wife not noticed your improved health? Mine sure did and is quite happy about it. This alone should be enough to make a convincing argument that vaping is much less harmful that smoking.

juggler86

ECF Veteran
Feb 1, 2015
Wisconsin
But vaping doesn't smell bad, doesn't ruin the walls or car interiors, is cheaper than smoking, and there is no indication that it will ever result in the vast majority (if not all) of the medical conditions associated with smoking. Additionally I'd say, a man's gotta have a hobby. Vaping is my hobby and my way of saving money and avoiding early death. I can understand compromise to keep the hobby from invading someone else's space, but there's no real good reason to have to give up vaping if you enjoy it and don't want to. None I can see anyway.

Do you think there was any indication smoking cigs was bad after a couple years? We have NO idea what the long term effects are going to be, we assume its better then smoking, but for all we know it could be far worst.

Vaping is also my main hobby and I LOVE it, but I cant sit and say its better then smoking in the long term. Yes we KNOW what th short term benefits are, but have no idea what inhaling these flavors are doing to us in the long run. I cant imagine inhaling cinnamon or butter flavors are good for us. Hell if juices will crack tanks what is it doing to our lungs.

Sorry nothing against you personally, I just dont care for people talking about long term effects like they are known, when they arent.

Reactions: EJAB

dmwalker24

ECF Veteran
Mar 6, 2012
Little Elm, TX
Do you think there was any indication smoking cigs was bad after a couple years? We have NO idea what the long term effects are going to be, we assume its better then smoking, but for all we know it could be far worst.

Vaping is also my main hobby and I LOVE it, but I cant sit and say its better then smoking in the long term. Yes we KNOW what th short term benefits are, but have no idea what inhaling these flavors are doing to us in the long run. I cant imagine inhaling cinnamon or butter flavors are good for us. Hell if juices will crack tanks what is it doing to our lungs.

Sorry nothing against you personally, I just dont care for people talking about long term effects like they are known, when they arent.

That's why I specifically said, 'no indication' because there are no indications that the medical conditions associated with smoking will be caused by vaping. As someone with knowledge of both physiology and biochemistry I know there are always risks when putting any chemical in your body, but based on the chemistry of cigarette smoke vs. the chemistry of pg/vg vapor with added food grade flavors, it's quite obvious which one is worse by orders of magnitude. I wasn't claiming certainty about it, but regardless I don't want to derail the discussion from the problem the OP is having.

RandyF

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 1, 2013
Arizona
If she is really worried, then tell her to stop listening to the BS and actually look into the truth.

notblowingsmoke.org

casaa

If she is just the controlling type, then you are just going to have to put your foot down. I smoked for 26 years and switched to vaping a little over 2 years ago. My wife, a non-smoker, couldn't have been happier with my decision and has always given me free reign to vape as I please.

Everyone has a crutch, well most everyone at least, so find hers (coffee, hair dye) and ride her about it. Find the negitives, whatever they may be, proven or not, and point them out to her every time she rides you.

issy

ECF Veteran
Jun 22, 2014
Between Timid and Timbuktu
If she is really worried, then tell her to stop listening to the BS and actually look into the truth.

notblowingsmoke.org

casaa

If she is just the controlling type, then you are just going to have to put your foot down. I smoked for 26 years and switched to vaping a little over 2 years ago. My wife, a non-smoker, couldn't have been happier with my decision and has always given me free reign to vape as I please.

Everyone has a crutch, well most everyone at least, so find hers (coffee, hair dye) and ride her about it. Find the negitives, whatever they may be, proven or not, and point them out to her every time she rides you.

Both points work great for me...great advice!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread