• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Fasttech Veterans

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pictor

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 27, 2009
UK
Yep, Orcs are quite nasty looking aren't they :laugh:
absolutely! ...be nice to be able to call on one though - as and when required! :rolleyes:

Sorry Trisha, please accept my humble apology :p:lol:
Yeah! ..sure! :laugh:

You can't beat a bit of variety. I do like the real thick flavours though, the ones that leave a nice lingering aftertaste. Extra chocolate in the Chef's Doughnut probably would improve it a little :)
True, some flavours are always better for a sense of richness or 'thickness' - I'm sure I came across an additive somewhere that gave that 'thick' effect.
I love the chocolate in the MCV, but guessing which chocolate(s) are in it is another matter! I've had some really awful ones in the past. The chocolate from NT is very good, but the PG rules it out to mix in doughnut.

If you're making real doughnuts count me in mate :laugh:
A doughnut party - at Terry's? Brilliant ...on my way :lol:

FA flavourings are great Marcus, I use the sweeter ones in quite a lot of mixes as well as the cream ones.
I haven't used many of mine yet, but I do like that only a small amount is needed for really decent flavour :)

It is Lilt isn't it mate :) That's the first thing I thought of when I first tried it.
I've never tasted Lilt - never was a fan of soft drinks apart from Roses lime juice - before they used yucky sweetener in it.

No, it's just so easy to accidentally click them 3 times
It was very easy - only time it happened since the first week or so was last week when I took it up to 14W ...then it started going back to volts again. Didn't stop the Subtank leaking, so back down it went and it worked perfectly again!
Talking of which ..since I was trying to remove the tank on the mini, and only managed to slightly swivel it around before giving up, it hasn't leaked nearly so much!

had a few JD's last night, so I was suffering from "blurry monitor" syndrome :laugh:
Uuh ...that's a new term for it! ;)

Just waiting for my soldering supplies to arrive now. Had a text from the couriers, between 12 and 1pm. Then I can take the Wife shopping (she still won't buy on-line :(). Plus the car is in for it's MOT later. Another full day for me.
Don't think I'll be getting any real work done until later today - got a number of emails to reply to (work related) and a few odd things need doing too.
'Stuff' does steal the days!

Pictor

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 27, 2009
UK
No problems here Vince,nice little device.
Shouldn't be too long now before that nice green Kangxin mini is available for despatch!

Agree there Trish, *******s.:-x
And all that time they told us the revenue was laid off against the cost to the NHS.:laugh:If i didn't laugh,i'd cry.
Now the cost is dropping to the NHS,they want the money for other things like the HSL.
..and who can challenge them to a degree where they'll have to back down? ...this is what makes me wonder what the devil democracy is supposed to be in the broader sense of the word!

I'd love to see a vote or statistics by professionals and smokers/ex smokers regarding safety, efficacy and long term effectiveness and health benefits compared to cigarettes. Some people have been using them for some years now.

Probably would be futile though seeing the physicians and scientists must have spent many long hours researching and writing reports only to have them ignored by the law-makers.
I hate this feeling of being controlled by a body of people who profess to know what's best for me, when they have little or no professional knowledge of the subject, yet they ignore the very people who can and do know the true answers to questions raised.

Got a few I need to chuck out - they must be over a year old, they were cheapy ones that I bought before getting into Chefs etc
I do shudder a little when I think of some of them! Been a year with Chefs, and it did make a huge difference to the number of bad buys!

:lol:
It will put hairs on his chest
:lol:
where small drops get on my wrist rest/mouse mat, it's burnt the skin on my wrist :blink:

dw117

ECF Veteran
Jul 10, 2014
Kernow
In wattage mode with Kanthal, I would agree with you, but wattage in TP mode is irrelevant and should not really have been included, it is designed to run at full watts, and the TP then reduces the wattage to accommodate the required temp, if you watch the display while you are vaping you will see that the wattage jumps up at the beginning and then drops down and back up and back down ad infinitum.

I know what you're saying Bob, just let the chip do the work, but most of the time I do alter my wattage to suit the temp because I think a higher wattage will overshoot the temp you want and then come back down, I like it to fire at a power where it reaches the temp after 1-2 seconds and then reduces the power to maintain it. I like to think of it as a smoother curve.

I'm thinking of getting an iStick 50, but before I do I thought I'd check to see if it had any little foibles or performance issues. I can see that it is about twice as heavy as the 20 watt so not as shirt pocket friendly, but it does have the spring loaded stainless connector and I'm getting a bit fed up using the adapters to protect the thread all the time, any thoughts ?

I've had mine for a month or so, used it loads and only have minor complaints. It has never autofired on me. The 510 threads seem like tough stainless steel to me and the 510 pin is spring loaded, my only problem is that the spring is quite stiff, especially initially and one or two of my RDAs with long pins don't screw down flush to the mod (hobo and magma). I use mine mostly with the subtank mini, lemos or marquis RDA and they all screw down fine. Overall I'm pleased with mine.

Pictor

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 27, 2009
UK
Small bit of vapemail today A pack of Occ coils
I followed Trisha's link and got a IStick 50 & 30 in my basket for under £50.
:thumb: I put a silver 30 in mine too! :)

Are you trying to tempt me Trish?;)
Moi? ...as if! ...was just sayin' that's all :unsure:

:blush:Mmmm!! Wouldn't mind one of those

Edit: Now on wishlist
I ordered mine the day they appeared :laugh:

Brynglas

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 22, 2014
ΩFlint MountainΩ
I ordered mine the day they appeared :laugh:

But this is on my wishlist aswell

2293901-3.jpg
march80x001op.png

Pictor

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 27, 2009
UK
But there is this
...I've had 2 red ones - a Hana and an Earl ..both very nice, both duds! If a reputable brand does a metallic red one, then I may consider it!

....what is it?

No need - It's a Sigelei - I liked the look of the less powerful red one, or the IP V2, both of which would suit me better. Neither are particularly small though.

Last edited:
Reactions: terry w

Brynglas

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 22, 2014
ΩFlint MountainΩ
...I've had 2 red ones - a Hana and an Earl ..both very nice, both duds! If a reputable brand does a metallic red one, then I may consider it!

....what is it?

No need - It's a Sigelei - I liked the look of the less powerful red one, or the IP V2, both of which would suit me better. Neither are particularly small though.

Not good for you Trish,the thing is an absolute Slab.I have the 100w+.And they are a big mod.

Reactions: trouble1000

Brynglas

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 22, 2014
ΩFlint MountainΩ
I have some MVP2's and they're more than big/heavy enough - much prefer the iStick range! :) The Cloupor 30 mini is nice too though.

I would have thought, Red would be a popular colour,strange how so few are made.
Shame, i think they look nice.

FT still don't seem to be stocking a lot of new products,mainly drip tips,drippers and batteries. Maybe the manufacturers are scared to produce after the rumour of a total ban.
Funny that,with the Chinese government being in control of the countries tobacco industry,who'd have thought it:blink:

Pictor

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 27, 2009
UK
I would have thought, Red would be a popular colour,strange how so few are made.
Shame, i think they look nice.
Yes, and after two dud red ones, and no other colours with a problem (touch wood!), I'm reluctant to try others. There's a rather nice deep red one I saw today, but I won't bother because I know nothing about the brand! https://www.fasttech.com/products/0/10012891/2209500-phimis-wee-2-mini-7-35w-vw-variable-wattage-apv

FT still don't seem to be stocking a lot of new products,mainly drip tips,drippers and batteries. Maybe the manufacturers are scared to produce after the rumour of a total ban.
Funny that,with the Chinese government being in control of the countries tobacco industry,who'd have thought it:blink:
I've seen a number of both authentic and 'style' mods recently, but wonder if they've been pushed out before any legislation gets put in place!
Amongst other things, what I never have seen for instance are the Kanger iPOW 2's which are very good 3-15W (I have three in use for lesser used flavours) and the mega MOW aero tanks which fit very well on the iPOW 2. 2.8ml capacity.

terry w

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 1, 2012
Manchester UK
Are you trying to tempt me Trish?;)

:blush:Mmmm!! Wouldn't mind one of those

Edit: Now on wishlist
Mmmm, them doughnuts were nice, Soz bob and trisha, i ate the lot :lol: And yes george, trish enabled me with the kangxin as well, it`s sitting in my basket. Trisha the ENABLER :p

Pictor

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 27, 2009
UK
Mmmm, them doughnuts were nice, Soz bob and trisha, i ate the lot :lol:
Hope you get fat then! :lol:
And yes george, trish enabled me with the kangxin as well, it`s sitting in my basket. Trisha the ENABLER :p
Eee! I am not! ...I seek to enlighten, that's all :unsure:
...actually, I like the look of the grey one too! Rather a smart colour :)

Bobw1951

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2014
London, UK
because I think a higher wattage will overshoot the temp you want and then come back down,

tend to get the overshoot when the wattage is lower - because you get the burst at the beginning, but after 1 sec the wattage will go down then up etc. so that the temp is maintained, unless you are talking about a REAL DNA40, when I would agree a little bit

Apart from the iStick "Fuschia" one, I only have 1 red mod, my Tatroe Atlas, most people prefer Blue, Black or Silver.

Mmmm, them doughnuts were nice, Soz bob and trisha, i ate the lot :lol:

Did I mention edible d'nuts, don't fink so, you must be mixing me up with the IMP IAN

Bobw1951

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2014
London, UK
Shouldn't be too long now before that nice green Kangxin mini is available for despatch!

Who you getting it from FT or Focal ?

You're going to need some of those Temp Protection coils for your Subtank as well :laugh: just don't mix them up with the others.

Pictor

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 27, 2009
UK
I had a ransom demand from RM today: £12.08 (£8 for RM!) - Looks like it's my three bottles from Charlie Noble!
$29.97 USD
Shipping : $12.75 USD
Total $42.72 USD

I took a chance on ordering three to make it worthwhile, and it's backfired! I'll need to find a UK/EU supplier if I like what I ordered!
Admiral's Reserve: Raspberry Ripple Ice Cream 30ml
Commodore Pearry 15ml
Tripoli 15ml

Looking at the USPS tracking, it states: Status: Attempted Delivery - Item being held, addressee being notified
'Your item could not be delivered on April 27, 2015 at 7:54 am in UNITED KINGDOM due to the addressee not available at time of delivery. It is being held while the addressee is notified.'

Not a hint that it's being held to ransom, nor that the postman actually put the card in my hand!!! :grr:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread