Has your nicotine levels increased or decreased?

Since starting my nicotine concentration has...

• Increased

• Stayed the same

• Decreased

• Has fluctuated (up & down & down & up)

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

TheJester

Jan 26, 2015
Delaware
Over-time from when you started using your e-cigarettes, has the concentration of nicotine increased, stayed the same or decreased?

Some people may prefer stronger liquids in the morning/night, but over-all has their been any changes?

Over the past two or so months I started vaping mine has decreased. I started at 18mg/mL and now I'm down to 6-9mg/mL depending on the day. It's not because I had too or wanted to reduce it, I just drifted that way.

93gc40

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 5, 2014
California
You do realize that most people will decease the amount of nicotine concentration in thier juice due to vaping at higher power levels........ They will consider that as a decrease in usage, even though there may actaully be an INCREASE in both usage and dosage, simply due to more effective atomization and vaporization. resulting in increased juice consumption.

SamH94

Feb 21, 2015
SW England
You do realize that most people will decease the amount of nicotine concentration in thier juice due to vaping at higher power levels........ They will consider that as a decrease in usage, even though there may actaully be an INCREASE in both usage and dosage, simply due to more effective atomization and vaporization. resulting in increased juice consumption.

As with myself, I say mine fluctuates, I started with 18mg, now I use 12mg exclusively on one device and 6 or 12mg on another. Also for some reason I keep nicotine lower in the mornings and turn in to a fog machine in the evenings!

93gc40

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 5, 2014
California
As with myself, I say mine fluctuates, I started with 18mg, now I use 12mg exclusively on one device and 6 or 12mg on another. Also for some reason I keep nicotine lower in the mornings and turn in to a fog machine in the evenings!

Thats just it... You may not be fluctuating at all.. If the lower nic juice is used in a more efficient device than the higher nic juice, the result may be MORE nic per puff than the higher nic juice.

TXBiker

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 27, 2014
Center of Texas
Thats just it... You may not be fluctuating at all.. If the lower nic juice is used in a more efficient device than the higher nic juice, the result may be MORE nic per puff than the higher nic juice.

Exactly. I was at 12mg nic until I got my rba and a better mod. I built a .7 dual coil and used the 12mg because it was all that I had that day. The nic rush was rough and my normal vaping made me slightly sick from it. I went the next day and got 6mg nic juice and that cured it for the most part.

Vapenstein

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 4, 2010

Absolutely this. Vaping got me off cigarettes. I still smoke a cigar after dinner and I take nasal snuff. Having used nicotine in all its forms for most of my life I'll tell you that cigars and snuff deliver more nic than any other means of using tobacco. Like anything else, you build a tolerance. I never feel a cigar, but the cigar every now and then type sure does, and an non-cigar smoker would get sick and/or have to go lay down.

That's the long setup for me telling you that as someone who chain vaped 18-24mg for over 4 years and who has a high tolerance for nicotine, when I started vaping subohm I could vape myself sick on 3mg. Today's gear is much better at vaporizing juice. I adapted and don't feel 3mg now, but I still buy 2mg when it's an option. All that tells me is my body can handle even more than the massive amounts of nicotine it was formerly used to, which isn't what I'm shooting for. I'm willing to medicate myself into a normal bp and heart rate to indulge my nicotine vice, but let's not push it.

Tl;dr even 3mg can be a lot of nic depending how you vape

Rossum

Eleutheromaniac
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 14, 2013
SE PA
I answered "Stayed the same". Strictly speaking, that's not true. I started at 18 with some occasional hits of 24 to fight cravings. Once I stopped needing the 24, I tried dropping to 12. That was unsatisfying and I never put my gear down, so I mixed the 12 with an equal amount of 18 giving me 15 and that's where I've been for over a year, despite upgrades in gear from Pro Tanks to Kayfuns to bottom-feeders with small-chambered atties. FWIW, I'm strictly an MTL vaper. My days of lung-hitting anything ended when I left college 35 years ago. ;)

Now for my most recent purchase, I spec'd 12 again, but will be mixing it 50/50 with some 15 I already have, yielding 13.5. Maybe, just maybe, I'll be down to 12 in another year. :D

DC2

Tootie Puffer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2009
San Diego
Before the advent of setups that were more effective at delivering nicotine, anecdotal evidence made it pretty clear that most were decreasing nicotine levels.
The advent of such setups clouds the picture quite a bit, but the underlying reality is probably the same as it was then.

As for me, I've stayed exactly the same over the course of nearly six years.
I'm still using the same setup, and I'm not budging from my 12mg content that I started on.

But then I have absolutely no plans to reduce my nicotine intake.
In fact, I specifically intend to not do so.

Unfortunately, my URGE to have some nicotine has become pretty much non-existent.
So I generally have to remember to vape these days.
:)

Last edited:
Reactions: LaraC

pennysmalls

Squonkmeister
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 26, 2013
Indiana
When I first started vaping I began with 24 and 18mg juices but quickly figured out those were way to high, like with a few weeks I dropped to 12. I've been at 12 for the remainder of the time I've been vaping, roughly 19 months. I've stuck with 12 through ego/clearomizers, provari/dripping atty and now bottom feeding with RDA's at sub ohm levels. I've tried to go down but begin to feel unsatisfied right away. I'm quite happy with 12.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread