• Deleted by Unforeseen
  • Reason: Unregistered Supplier

Doffy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 15, 2014
Australia
having some problems. I got it together, the screen kept showing "check atomizer". I searched this thread for that and checked the 510... no shorts and good connection to attie. Still said it

Now it's not powering on. It was powering on fine for days waiting for enamel to dry to hook up the last bits.

Frustrating

ThreeDJ16

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 19, 2013
USA
  • Deleted by Unforeseen

gdeal

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Aug 4, 2012
( -_-) Ω~
  • Deleted by Unforeseen

Doffy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 15, 2014
Australia
Spend a lot of time thoroughly cleaning you two deans style connectors. I use Deoxit cleaner. Man, I really need to buy stock in that company as much as I am pimping them. Anyway, willing to bet that is where you problem is located.

I worked it out, when I tweaked the 510, the other end of the top cap moved and they weren't getting good connection. Just tried a kanthal, followed by a twisted k & Ni200 and it works now

Reactions: SkinyFatMan

gdeal

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Aug 4, 2012
( -_-) Ω~
  • Deleted by Unforeseen

RickCain

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 14, 2013
Huntington Beach, CA
Does anyone else here run there chips at max 40w? Mine works great till about 1/2 battery, then says weak battery. I thought it was my batteries (too many charge cycles) so I got some new Samsungs. Same thing
I get this in my VF V2.1 as well as my newly build GDNA. I would have thought it was my build but everything is at of above specs on the wire and all connections are clean.

I can take the "weak battery" out of a DNA40 and use them for several more hours on a SX350 mod with no problems. From what I can see the DNA40 senses a weak batter around 3.5 volts and possibly is too sensitive since it is checking while under load.

Drained batteries on my DNA40's - 3.8
Drained batteries on my SX350 - 3.4

Three different devices, same problem.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: SkinyFatMan

gdeal

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Aug 4, 2012
( -_-) Ω~
  • Deleted by Unforeseen

KurrptSenate

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 9, 2013
PA
I get this in my VF V2.1 as well as my newly build GDNA. I would have thought it was my build but everything is at of above specs on the wire and all connections are clean.

I can take the "weak battery" out of a DNA40 and use them for several more hours on a SX350 mod with no problems. From what I can see the DNA40 senses a weak batter around 3.5 volts and possibly is too sensitive since it is checking while under load.

Drained batteries on my DNA40's - 3.8
Drained batteries on my SX350 - 3.4

Three different devices, same problem.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

alright, thanks a bunch. I've just been switching batteries more often as I can tell when the "weak battery" kicks in and my vape dwindles. I was going to rip this guy open and probably re-solder the chip, but if this is a common "feature" of the board, I suppose there really isn't a point.

Thanks for the reply

KurrptSenate

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 9, 2013
PA
I have seen this on earlier boards. Very fast drop off one once the meter hit ~50%. The battery meter was recently recalibrated. When did you get your board?

Also, when you get the weak battery message what is the voltage on the battery when you swap it out?

now, this is based on the charger which reads the voltage, but about 3.5 volts. the board was from the last co-op that had to be RMA'd. I got the board back (definitely a "new" board) and that's the one that currently resides in my device

on a different note, my newly-converted derringer seems to have a ridiculously long positive connection. there is no where to flush mount this guy without modifying the vented screw. anyone else have this issue? I plan on getting another derringer and converting it. I've learned to live with it.

Love the device btw GDeal. I started to think the universe willed itself to prevent me from enjoying this lol

definitely going to make another at some point

autobiogphnation

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 14, 2013
Chicago
on a different note, my newly-converted derringer seems to have a ridiculously long positive connection. there is no where to flush mount this guy without modifying the vented screw. anyone else have this issue? I plan on getting another derringer and converting it. I've learned to live with it.

You could grind down the 510 pin a little bit and that may help. I did that for my derringer (clone) that is on a provari mini, which was necessary to get it semi flush since that's a fixed 510.

I've got a derringer and a freakskow mini coming today that I'm going to mod but not sure which one I'll be going with for my next gdna that I'll probably be building at end of this week

RickCain

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 14, 2013
Huntington Beach, CA
I have seen this on earlier boards. Very fast drop off one once the meter hit ~50%. The battery meter was recently recalibrated. When did you get your board?

Also, when you get the weak battery message what is the voltage on the battery when you swap it out?

lol... RickCain types faster....

Sorry I'm gonna add my experience too.

Odd thing is I get the same results with my DNA40 (in VF V2.1) from launch day (never sent in) as well as my large screen's from Mike P's last co-op (GDNA & Baps).

If I pull the battery after the first weak battery message it is 3.8-4.0 while using a .8 ohm coil at 17watts. All of my DNA40 devices do this.

Sent from my iPhone 6+ using Tapatalk

gdeal

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Aug 4, 2012
( -_-) Ω~
  • Deleted by Unforeseen

KurrptSenate

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 9, 2013
PA
If your atty sits too high, you can try to back out the delrin from underneath. Loosen the nut, then a turn or two should do it. Check the height and connection with your atty in place and then retighten the nut.

problem is the screw is as far as it seems like it will go in the bottle

gdeal

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Aug 4, 2012
( -_-) Ω~
  • Deleted by Unforeseen

mackman

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2013
NorCal
Got a package today from Drunk J that had this beautiful custom painted lg screen Gdna4.2 in it. As is always the case with J every detail is perfect. If you have an interest give him a shout out
Bottomfeeders » Drunk Mods, Painting and More

Attachments

• CAM00718.jpg
    CAM00718.jpg
    572.6 KB · Views: 44

gdeal

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Aug 4, 2012
( -_-) Ω~
  • Deleted by Unforeseen

KurrptSenate

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 9, 2013
PA
I just leave the straw/tube in the 510, unscrew the cap and give the tip a snap like motion. There will be some juice mixing in the straw/tube area but that's gone after a vape or two.

I just got a white freak show mini to convert to bottom feeding to match my new GDNA. I think it's going to match quite nicely

autobiogphnation

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 14, 2013
Chicago
Anyone using a nickel build and having issues with temperature protection kicking in way too early?
I'm running it at 420F 15watts with a spaced .2 ni200 coil in the chalice III. I've done nickel builds before, but in bigger attys, with no issues. Anyone think the size of the chalice may be an issue?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread