Status
Not open for further replies.

awsum140

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2012
Sitting down, facing forward.
I hate to rain on that battery parade, but being the cynic I am makes it impossible not to.

The charger is a 70ma charger on a 700mah battery. At the very least that means twelve hours to charge it back up, and that assumes direct, maximum, brilliant, sunshine. Reality would probably be on the order of eighteen to twenty hours. Now I realize that it can be charged before complete discharge but in emergency situations that probably wouldn't happen and would also require a number of them to maintain functionality of whatever device the batteries are powering. That problem gets worse if powered device is operating with more than one battery. In a "mobile" environment charging would become rather problematic although instead of a tin foil hat you could use a battery hat.

Semiretired

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 24, 2011
Middle Georgia
They are working on the color issues. They had a choice - shut the forum down for two days and then tweak it or shut the forum down for a month and come back with a finished product. Me, I prefer two days and having patience through the tweaking / finalizing stages.

Just my opinion...

rave

* Resident Wood Nymph *
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 20, 2009
Raven's Haven, Indiana
The whole forum is too white white, not just PM's. :blink:

Agreed. The whole forum is blinding me. I was also referring to someone saying that there is a problem with sending PM's. Haven't PM'd anyone yet, so I don't know about that.

rave

* Resident Wood Nymph *
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 20, 2009
Raven's Haven, Indiana
They are working on the color issues. They had a choice - shut the forum down for two days and then tweak it or shut the forum down for a month and come back with a finished product. Me, I prefer two days and having patience through the tweaking / finalizing stages.

Just my opinion...

Yup. I'm just amazed that all is working as well as it is considering the short period of time that ECF was down. :thumbs:

awsum140

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2012
Agreed. The whole forum is blinding me. I was also referring to someone saying that there is a problem with sending PM's. Haven't PM'd anyone yet, so I don't know about that.

PM's work fine, but you may have a problem replying to a PM received prior to the software upgrade. It seems to work for some and not for others. The exact reason seems a little hazy right now.

Semiretired

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 24, 2011
Middle Georgia

The problem with PM's / Conversations now is old PM's from the old forum - not new PM's. They are working on it to see what they can do - it primarily affects the buyers and sellers in the Coops and stuff.

Tritium

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 12, 2013
Your nearest hydrogen bomb.
I hate to rain on that battery parade, but being the cynic I am makes it impossible not to.

The charger is a 70ma charger on a 700mah battery. At the very least that means twelve hours to charge it back up, and that assumes direct, maximum, brilliant, sunshine. Reality would probably be on the order of eighteen to twenty hours. Now I realize that it can be charged before complete discharge but in emergency situations that probably wouldn't happen and would also require a number of them to maintain functionality of whatever device the batteries are powering. That problem gets worse if powered device is operating with more than one battery. In a "mobile" environment charging would become rather problematic although instead of a tin foil hat you could use a battery hat.
pffff.
Just a start, what if it's lithium? I prefer justa solar panel to charge different things.

cindycated

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 19, 2011
San Francisco, CA
They are working on a darker scheme. Yeah, the white is kinda glaring. The color of the quote box would be soothing on the eyes then they could make the quote box a little darker so it would stand out.

What PM problem? I miss that smiley with the ??? above his head. :(
Yeah, they changed it to this ugly thing. :confused:
Not really liking the stock Xenforo imojis. Glad they kept most of the old ones. :blink: is my favorite one. Describes me on so many occasions. :laugh:

awsum140

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2012
A lithium battery will charge faster than the charger can supply current? The basic problem is solar charging and the fact that under anything other than perfect, optimum, conditions the output of a solar cell is not what it is rated at. That may not be true in Greece, more sunshine closer to the equator, or on top of Mount Everest (unless it sank from that earthquake), but here in SNJ cloud cover is almost always present and limits their output significantly.

cindycated

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 19, 2011
San Francisco, CA
OMG I had to share this one I just saw on another forum:

01aaba713b9f95fff78f624124495f3c_zpscrevo6vf.jpg

:lol: :lol:

rave

* Resident Wood Nymph *
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 20, 2009
Raven's Haven, Indiana
I breezed through page 666 and no demons popped out of screen:)

Nice seeing you here, Raven:)

Hate the caterpillar infestation. So nasty. We had a tent caterpillar infestation in Seattle when I was a kid. Awful.

They seem to like the cherry trees the most. :glare: I found one nest on my property whilst morel hunting. Gonna go out with a can of bug spray later ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread