Status
Not open for further replies.

man00ver

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 10, 2014
Braselton, GA, USA
The explanation for the "ratio change" can be found at the top of ITC's fB Page.

All ratios are PG/VG
There seems to be a lot of concern from the tank users about our recent switch to 60/40. Please let me clear up a few things. In the past we continually received complaints that our 50/50 blend was too thick and did not wick properly with a CE4, evod, etc tanks. We changed to 55/45 and recently to 60/40, which is the most consistent to the market standard 50/50, yet continued to call it 50/50 to avoid confusion. We just released new labels and we considered keeping the name 50/50 but really wanted to be able to call it what it actually is...a 60/40 that vapes like 50/50. With that said, you can rest assured that the "new" 60/40 will vape no differently than the old 50/50.

In short: If you liked 50/50, get the 60/40.

chargingcharlie

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 14, 2014
MA
Ahhh...I missed that part. I agree with the statement above that ITC juice seems thick for what it's labeled as, too. I'm curious about why it seems so thick if their 50/50 was 60/40 PG/VG all along? I wonder if they are using a VG nic base and not including that in their calculations or something. I mix my own juice now and 50/50 always has the same viscosity me whether I use a PG or VG nic base. I like their juice, but they've got to be measuring something incorrectly if their juice is thicker than usual at a 60/40 mix. My guess is they are using a VG based nic and aren't subtracting the VG in that from the mix ratio. For example, if you mix up an unflavored 30mL batch of juice at 12mg/mL nic, and use a 100mg/mL VG based nic, you would use 15mL of PG and 11.4mL of VG. If they are mixing up the flavored juice first, then adding the nicotine later, then they are going to wind up with the opposite ratio (15mL of VG and 11.4mL of PG).

sarahhonald

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 5, 2013
Marietta, GA
Well I don't diy- but was actually discussing with the OP of the cheap custard thread. He complained that ITC's 30/70 didn't wick well. Then we were discussing viscosities of vg and also aqueous vg calculations- and he mentioned that his source for vg is thinner than usual. He was put off at first but performed well and prefers it because it wicks better. I have heard from several people who diy that different sources vary in viscosity but since I do not DIY- I can not say from first hand experience. I always try not to discount stuff just because I personally haven't proved/disproved it. So as I have heard it from others and itc- I'm giving them the benefit of a doubt.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Dobo

Taylor7617

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 5, 2013
Humble, Texas, United States
Wife and I just recently placed our 2nd sampler order and we've had a few good one's that he had to quickly re-order 120mls. In reading this thread, are there many mixes that tend to lose flavor over time (example extended use in 120 capacity)? Seems Cinnagram is one .....any other from experience? Would it be best if those were ordered with flavor boost? Does this even help or just hurt the process?

Out of those that we've ordered 120ml's (SLV2, Apple Buns, Nilla & Pudding#9) ...I'm wondering if Pudding #9 would benefit from a boost? The flavor is there and is good, but just wondering how much change a boost would add to any of them.

Reordering sample size with boost is cheap enough ....but I'm just to impatient to wait for the steep time to pass for testing.

What flavors do any of you boost and what do you use it on?

As reference, wife and I have been using rebuilt PT2's with cotton - it's been working so didn't see a need for a change. For our 2yr vape anniversary, I upgraded our mods and purchased istick 50w's and also purchased a couple ST Mini's to experiment with.

Anyone care to respond...

Which ITC mixes tend to have flavor that drops off after steeping / slow use?
Which flavors do most add a flavor shot too?

sarahhonald

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 5, 2013
Marietta, GA
Anyone care to respond...

Which ITC mixes tend to have flavor that drops off after steeping / slow use?
Which flavors do most add a flavor shot too?
For me when using tanks- I always add flavor shots to creams. Nilla has never needed a flavor shot. And if you are using pts- I don't think a flavor shot would hurt. I only use the new subohm tanks that give extra flavor. Sorry I missed your post before.

OcalaFlGuy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 4, 2015
Ocala, Fl
My 3 bottle order came in.

Help me decide which to try FOOB, the SL V2 or the CGC. (My gut call from sniffing is the CGC but I'll try first whatever yall say.) I put all 3 in a hot water bath, shook hell out of them, and have them uncapped now for awhile. PS all three have da Flavaboost.

Remember, it's just in an Evod. non-VV.

I still have a few hours left on this tank of MVB Banana Cream .

I say first, I already "cheated" on the bottle of Melon Burst but if I understand it correctly, of my 3, it benefits the Least from steeping.

At least with my Evod, I did well on the MB to go with the Flavaboost. The MB is decent enough to finish. Nice vapor (60/40 p/v),
I smell cantaloupe but taste mostly like honeydew. It's decent enough FOOB.

Help me decide on the other 2.

Bruce in Ocala, Fl

sarahhonald

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 5, 2013
Marietta, GA
My 3 bottle order came in.

Help me decide which to try FOOB, the SL V2 or the CGC. (My gut call from sniffing is the CGC but I'll try first whatever yall say.) I put all 3 in a hot water bath, shook hell out of them, and have them uncapped now for awhile. PS all three have da Flavaboost.

Remember, it's just in an Evod. non-VV.

I still have a few hours left on this tank of MVB Banana Cream .

I say first, I already "cheated" on the bottle of Melon Burst but if I understand it correctly, of my 3, it benefits the Least from steeping.

At least with my Evod, I did well on the MB to go with the Flavaboost. The MB is decent enough to finish. Nice vapor (60/40 p/v),
I smell cantaloupe but taste mostly like honeydew. It's decent enough FOOB.

Help me decide on the other 2.

Bruce in Ocala, Fl
Cgc first IMHO. It smoothes out and rounds out after steeping but I vape it foob. SL benefit the most from steeping. On max vg I give sl 2-3 weeks steeping on a 120ml. But with the 60/40 it shouldn't take so long.

Reactions: OcalaFlGuy

chargingcharlie

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 14, 2014
MA
Interesting, anyone know if there are different viscosities of VG? It really doesn't make sense to me, but charlie's post may be on the mark.
From what I understand it can be bought in a thinned out form, but everyone that I know of mixes juice with 99.7% USP Grade Kosher VG, which has a specific gravity of 1.262 and a viscosity of 1.412 Pa·s

sarahhonald

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 5, 2013
Marietta, GA
From what I understand it can be bought in a thinned out form, but everyone that I know of mixes juice with 99.7% USP Grade Kosher VG, which has a specific gravity of 1.262 and a viscosity of 1.412 Pa·s

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1430176342.317100.jpg

http://www.aciscience.org/docs/glycerine_-_an_overview.pdf
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1430176684.620283.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1430176698.054479.jpg

Last edited:

sarahhonald

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 5, 2013
Marietta, GA
Thanks for that! I think that confirms pretty much what I was thinking.

I guess you missed that there is a range... and that there are blends that vary... esp is some are thinned down. I would guess that some places have better and more pure vg than others some 99.7 and others 100%. Some sources of vg are better, thicker, thinner, more aqueous, less quality. I bet some are passed of as more pure than others. There is no point in me trying to convince you...LOL...but I respectively disagree. Some vg bases are thicker than others... I have quite a few friends that DIY and even talked to some local vape shop owners here in Marietta that I am friends with and asked them if they have found some vg bases to be thicker and they agreed.

Well each different brand of vg has its only weight per vol but a simple calculation like that wouldn't cause a 10% change in density. regarding your thought about miscalc with nic.

I would have to lean on the side of its a thicker vg.

Last edited:

sarahhonald

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 5, 2013
Marietta, GA
And I do agree that they should be at a certain specification, but most of the sources of vg are rebranded. I have read that there arent really that many true sources of vg, but many more repackaged. While in the beginning they probably are the same, but there are middle men that change it to suit their needs.

BrentMydland

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 15, 2014
SE US
So my cinnagram is only about a week old at this point but I am not getting the hype yet to be honest. I taste almost no cin. Pretty much just a very light custard. I was under the impression that this juice actually gets a bit less flavorful with a steep but maybe that is after a certain point.

how long does it typically take to develop? I was really excited with all the hype surrounding this just but so far at a little over a week its a big let down. No big deal, its pretty rare the I get a juice from ITC that isnt spot on and its still vapeable but more so as a very light custard than anything else.

On a more positive note after going further down hill I got my plume veil working good enough to where I only have to adjust it about 4-5 times a day to get it to work as opposed to the every couple of hits it was doing. Applied a little bit of dental floss to the positive post. It seems to work.

anyone know if this is unsafe at all?

man00ver

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 10, 2014
Braselton, GA, USA
I got the CinnaGram Custard from ITC also and think it's way too mild. I can't really taste anything, but it gets rave reviews so I'm hoping that a flavor of some kind actually shows itself after some steeping.

Custards DO take a while to develop, TWF. Plan on 3-4 weeks after receipt for full development. That said, it IS a mild flavor (but I enjoy it).

Reactions: thewomenfolk

OcalaFlGuy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 4, 2015
Ocala, Fl
I got the CinnaGram Custard from ITC also and think it's way too mild. I can't really taste anything, but it gets rave reviews so I'm hoping that a flavor of some kind actually shows itself after some steeping.

I soaked mine in hot water for about 6 hrs and shook it now and then. Cap off for a couple days, shake, repeat.

Even with da Flavaboost, the first day the flavor was lacking. Now on day 3 the flavors are better and more There.

I just went to place my 2nd order and was going to order a 30 of the CGC but the Melon Twist I wanted in the same order is Sold Out.

Come on ITCV, upy upy, time to make the juice!

Bruce in Ocala, Fl

Reactions: thewomenfolk

OcalaFlGuy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 4, 2015
Ocala, Fl
Another couple review like points.

First, on the Where's the flavor questions, I am going to go out on a limb here and say Get the Flavaboost to Start with. I say this because you can always find some place in town to sell you the same strength nic unflavored juice to knock the flavor down with if in a week or so, if it's still too strong for you. IF you get Too Little flavor in your mailbox, there's not much I know you can do with that but vape it as is or toss it. Also remember da Boost is only a 10% boost, it's NOT like it Doubles the flavor or anything.

As mentioned above, FOOB, even with da Flavaboost, the first day CGC was kind of bland, but with a bit of a speed steep, day 2 was better and day 3 even still better.

Melon Blast Boosted was Strong and artificial FOOB but still vapable. It got the same speed steep and on day 3 the artificial part is gone. I wish it tasted as Cantalopey as it smells but Honeydew is still more up front. Still decent though. In just 3 days the flavors have mellowed out nicely.

SL V2 Boosted is FOUL FOOB, I made the mistake of trying a tank just after the speed steep. Judas H. Preist. TERRIBLY Strong Strawberry perfume. I won't have A Bit of problem letting this steep for a week, probably 2. It'll take that long for me to scour it's initial nastiness out of my brain.

Bruce in Ocala, Fl

thewomenfolk

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 6, 2009
Colorado John 3:16
How many flavor boosts do I need for a 240ml bottle? I coudn't understand what ITC was saying about how many boosts to get.

Now explain this....I tried out 9 of ITC's samples and the ONLY one I just couldn't stand was the Dew Cream. It's a Honeydew melon flavor and very repulsive to me. BUT...my daughter and her friend LOVE it and just ordered a huge bottle. I just don't understand how our tastes can be that different, I hate it, they love it...go figure. :)

Another question....I really like the Nilla Gorilla, it's a mild banana cream flavor. But does it darken in color? All banana liquids I've bought turn black. I'm hoping this one doesn't.

sarahhonald

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 5, 2013
Marietta, GA
How many flavor boosts do I need for a 240ml bottle? I coudn't understand what ITC was saying about how many boosts to get.

Now explain this....I tried out 9 of ITC's samples and the ONLY one I just couldn't stand was the Dew Cream. It's a Honeydew melon flavor and very repulsive to me. BUT...my daughter and her friend LOVE it and just ordered a huge bottle. I just don't understand how our tastes can be that different, I hate it, they love it...go figure. :)

Another question....I really like the Nilla Gorilla, it's a mild banana cream flavor. But does it darken in color? All banana liquids I've bought turn black. I'm hoping this one doesn't.

1. The flavor boost is based on the size bottle it's for and then you annotate in the notes which bottle u want boosted.

2. Taste is so subjective:) it's still amazing we differ so much sometimes. It's like food.

3. It gets dark but not black at all. Here is some of mine in 50/50 I have with me: it's a month old.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1430338639.318110.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread