Should the government parent your child?

Given the evidence that nicotine is not addictive, harmful, and is probably beneficial, should there

• Yes, I believe the government should parent everyone's child, since I cannot.

• No, if I don't want my children vaping I will do my job as a parent and talk to them about it.

• I'm still undecided, but ban it until I am.

• I'm still undecided, so let's wait to ban it.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

DC2

Tootie Puffer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2009
San Diego
Sounds fair. Any other ways I could contribute to the government's parenting of some other guy's "The Children"?

Wouldn't a tax on "The Children" be more appropriate?
Oh snap!!

A tax on children to help protect the children.
That is extraordinarily logical, and something I would vote for.
:laugh:

Lessifer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 5, 2013
Sacramento, California
As far as I'm concerned, anyone who is allowed to consume caffeine should be allowed to consume nicotine.
As far as vaping nicotine goes, it's the flavors that concern me, not the nicotine.

So my answer is....
Hell if I know.

I agree that flavors COULD be a cause for concern, my fear is, if the government/public reacts to vaping before we know more, the only flavors that will ever be tested fully are BT tobacco #1, #2, #3 and BT menthol #1, #2, #3

DC2

Tootie Puffer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2009
San Diego
I agree that flavors COULD be a cause for concern, my fear is, if the government/public reacts to vaping before we know more, the only flavors that will ever be tested fully are BT tobacco #1, #2, #3 and BT menthol #1, #2, #3
That's not just a fear, that's almost certainly a fact.
And it would be wrong for that to happen.

E-liquids are already taxed, a sales tax, just like any other consumer good. What justification does anyone have to apply an additional tax?
I agree I already pay sales tax so your gonna tax me again?? And just for arguments sake should the tax be on 0mg of nic ejuice then as well & how and who is going to decide that?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread