• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Fasttech Veterans

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pictor

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 27, 2009
UK
Who you getting it from FT or Focal ?
FT

You're going to need some of those Temp Protection coils for your Subtank as well :laugh: just don't mix them up with the others.
I will? ...do I not get a choice of which way to use it? ..not sure what advantage I'd get with TP or the coils (are they only 0.5?)

Someone pulled out the wrong plug :lol:, I was in the middle of doing a reply - and when it came back everything was still there in the reply box :)
Those flippin meeces! Aint technology clever! :)

Bobw1951

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2014
London, UK
Your item could not be delivered on April 27, 2015 at 7:54 am

They normally put a lot earlier time on mine - but yes that's a good hint that it's being held to ransome :(
Wouldn't be so bad if they only charged you say 25% of the VAT with a £10 max, but £8 for a £4 charge is 'avin' a larf

Reactions: Pictor

Marcus1970

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 19, 2014
Wales
Someone pulled out the wrong plug :lol:, I was in the middle of doing a reply - and when it came back everything was still there in the reply box :)
The same here Bob

I took a chance on ordering three to make it worthwhile, and it's backfired! I'll need to find a UK/EU supplier if I like what I ordered!
Admiral's Reserve: Raspberry Ripple Ice Cream 30ml
Commodore Pearry 15ml
Tripoli 15ml

I got some from here Charlie Noble | VapeHype eLiquid .They have a factory unit about ten minutes from where I live

Bobw1951

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2014
London, UK
I will? ...do I not get a choice of which way to use it? ..not sure what advantage I'd get with TP or the coils (are they only 0.5?)

You don't have to and no, they are not 0.5 they are 0.12 - the advantage is that you can set the temp as well as the wattage, so you might find you like it a bit warmer/cooler than what you get with say the iStick.

Pictor

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 27, 2009
UK
They normally put a lot earlier time on mine - but yes that's a good hint that it's being held to ransome :(
Wouldn't be so bad if they only charged you say 25% of the VAT with a £10 max, but £8 for a £4 charge is 'avin' a larf
If they're going on US timing, it would be about right for delivery time here - whatever, it does annoy me! Paying the duty is one thing, £8 for the privilege is another thing altogether. Wish they'd find a more user friendly way of payment.

I got some from here Charlie Noble | VapeHype eLiquid .They have a factory unit about ten minutes from where I live
Thanks Marcus! ...bookmarked :)

You don't have to and no, they are not 0.5 they are 0.12 - the advantage is that you can set the temp as well as the wattage, so you might find you like it a bit warmer/cooler than what you get with say the iStick.
OK, when it arrives, I'll be asking questions! ;) :laugh:

Marcus1970

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 19, 2014
Wales
Handy,Can you call in to buy,or do they insist on mail order?
I emailed them to see if they had a shop,and the answer was the only deal in mail order and something about not being able to visit due to large mixing machinery.
Would have been handy thou like you said George

Brynglas

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 22, 2014
ΩFlint MountainΩ
Paying the duty is one thing, £8 for the privilege is another thing altogether.

What actually gives RM the legal right to charge for collecting VAT.Just wondering.
Can't think of any other business,other than RM and couriers that do it,or for that matter could get away with doing it.

Reactions: Bobw1951

Pictor

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 27, 2009
UK
What actually gives RM the legal right to charge for collecting VAT.Just wondering.
Can't think of any other business,other than RM and couriers that do it,or for that matter could get away with doing it.
I suppose they do it under instruction from HMRC ...not sure who says it's OK to charge £8 (or whatever) though!

I`m gonna get the green one Trish :)
That's the colour I ordered ..like the grey one too though :laugh: Not that I'd order another just yet!

terry w

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 1, 2012
Manchester UK
I suppose they do it under instruction from HMRC ...not sure who says it's OK to charge £8 (or whatever) though!

That's the colour I ordered ..like the grey one too though :laugh: Not that I'd order another just yet!
They are very good when using the NI200 coils trish, Nice and cool with lots of vapour. Thinking about it, it may be a lot better for you with the problems you`ve had :)

Reactions: Bobw1951

Bobw1951

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2014
London, UK

I think what happens is that they get billed for the VAT that HMRC wants, and probably have to pay the bill every month/quarter/whatever, even if they don't collect it from the customer, so for the extra work involved they put their big bit on top, couriers actually deliver the item and then send you the demand in the post, so they do have more overheads, but also charge more £11 or £12.

The main thing to remember is that they don't have a lot of work in this field, only personal buys, businesses will have their own arrangements to pay direct to HMRC thereby bypassing the RM/Courier charges.

As I said earlier it would be better if they charged say 25% with a maximum figure attached say £10, so in the case of Trish's order it would be about £1, that would be more palatable

Bobw1951

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2014
London, UK
I emailed them to see if they had a shop,and the answer was the only deal in mail order and something about not being able to visit due to large mixing machinery.
Would have been handy thou like you said George

Well that makes 2 in your area, as Chef's is not far away either :)

trouble1000

PV Master of Valinor
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2013
Rochdale, Lancs, GB
www.puffin-eliquid.com
Burn them off more likely :rolleyes:

He already waxes his chest I've heard :laugh:

absolutely! ...be nice to be able to call on one though - as and when required! :rolleyes:

I'll see about getting an Orc organised then, just in case :laugh:

True, some flavours are always better for a sense of richness or 'thickness' - I'm sure I came across an additive somewhere that gave that 'thick' effect.
I love the chocolate in the MCV, but guessing which chocolate(s) are in it is another matter! I've had some really awful ones in the past. The chocolate from NT is very good, but the PG rules it out to mix in doughnut.

I honestly wouldn't bother with an additive like that. Extra sweetener is ok, but I honestly don't think any of the others do much, from the reading up I've done. I could be wrong though, I generally am :laugh:

A doughnut party - at Terry's? Brilliant ...on my way :lol:

Me too :laugh:

where small drops get on my wrist rest/mouse mat, it's burnt the skin on my wrist :blink:

I've never had that happen. But if I do taste more than a drop of e-liquid it does burn my mouth a little.

Mmmm, them doughnuts were nice, Soz bob and trisha, i ate the lot :lol: And yes george, trish enabled me with the kangxin as well, it`s sitting in my basket. Trisha the ENABLER :p

So does that mean you saved me some then, if Bob and Trisha can't have any, then you must have saved me some :laugh:

Apart from the iStick "Fuschia" one, I only have 1 red mod, my Tatroe Atlas, most people prefer Blue, Black or Silver.

I like my red mods too. Both Reo's have some red in them and my Hana is red too. Red is one of my favourite colours :)

Did I mention edible d'nuts, don't fink so, you must be mixing me up with the IMP IAN

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

trouble1000

PV Master of Valinor
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2013
Rochdale, Lancs, GB
www.puffin-eliquid.com
As I already have 2 DNA40 mods on their way to me, I'm gonna hold fire on the KX-50D - but when I do, it'll be the goldie coloured one
I'm not sure whether to go for the green one (for a change) or the grey one.

Bobw1951

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2014
London, UK
Reactions: trouble1000

Pictor

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 27, 2009
UK
You can pay online or in cash at the sorting office (they don't take cards at the DO)
I always do pay online - I wish customs would take the actual payment and leave middle men out of it! They're paid to deliver the package, not charge for collecting tax from people.
When you think about it, we don't agree to pay RM anything - it's imposed on us: hence it seeing like a ransom!
Suppose I'll get my package on Wednesday now!

They are very good when using the NI200 coils trish, Nice and cool with lots of vapour. Thinking about it, it may be a lot better for you with the problems you`ve had :)
OK - I'll give them a go! I'll order some coils when it gets despatched! :)

Well that makes 2 in your area, as Chef's is not far away either :)
There's another one at least: Zappecigs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread