Status
Not open for further replies.

OCD

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 13, 2012
California, Kern
www.ibtanked.com
This article touches on quite a few of the different aspects of the battle vaping is facing and its benefits.

7 ways vaping saves lives

Very interesting to see someone writing from a first person on things as astounding as bribes and coercion by the tobacco industry. More of this is whats needed to amass the case against as DrMA likes to call them 'the desk murders'.

NorthOfAtlanta

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 27, 2011
Canton, GA
Wiesenthal said: "The world now understands the concept of 'desk murderer'. We know that one doesn't need to be fanatical, sadistic, or mentally ill to murder millions; that it is enough to be a loyal follower eager to do one's duty."

Sounds familiar.

CarolT

ECF Veteran
Feb 22, 2011
Madison WI
Very interesting to see someone writing from a first person on things as astounding as bribes and coercion by the tobacco industry. More of this is whats needed to amass the case against as DrMA likes to call them 'the desk murders'.

Urk. I strongly urge you to Google this author. She has a reputation for "making stuff up," and she and her politician husband are 'esteemed' as "the biggest two crooks in St. Louis."

Reactions: Lori2014

nomore stinkies

Gee, Who did that?
ECF Veteran
Feb 23, 2014
IL
Yes we do need more positive articles that smash the myths, lies and divulge the true reason why e-cigarettes are so demonized: MONEY. I have been very busy writng to Dick Durbin who has been on the airwaves spewing more lies and of course wants even MORE money. Of course he wants to increase the tax on e-cigarettes. I shared numerous e-cigarette articles from FORBES regarding oh, lets see, MSA money (in which case Illinois only pays 10% of their MSA cut for a "smoking cessation program"). May I add far LESS than the CDC requires. But he wants more. News flash: nicotine in e-cigarettes is NOT a tobacco leaf and the MSA agreement was settled way before ecigs made the market. ( I read that SOMEWHERE) So maybe they won't apply. That won't stop him. Can they tax the e-cig if nicotine isn't used? If so, I will do that before paying him one more dollar.

I also sent these fine articles from Forbes on ecigarettes to the CDC. You remember the lady that collapsed her lung? Yep, Forbes mentioned that campaign in one of their articles and they slammed the CDC and good ol' boy Tom. Truth not lies. Lets see their defense to these. Bill and Michael were mentioned in a few of these articles.

I am getting very tired of the lies. Sad state of affairs when MONEY trumps health.

The following will lead to many excellent articles. Good for sending.......

Holy End Run! Attorneys General Urge Action As E-Cigarettes Gain Market Share - Forbes

I read the post regarding breaking the link.... a little nervous....anyone want to show me?

Last edited:

Robino1

Resting in Peace
ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2012
Treasure Coast, Florida
Breaking links in this system is a bit different from the old. If you put this at the beginning of the link [ plain ] and this at the end of the link [ / plain ] (no spaces) It should let the link be show in its entirety without it being clickable or it will click but bring you to a blank page. Whoever wants to see the link can copy the link and paste it into their browser.

Hope that helps someone.

nicnik

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 20, 2015
Illinois, USA
Reactions: twgbonehead

twgbonehead

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Apr 28, 2011
MA, USA
Yes we do need more positive articles that smash the myths, lies and divulge the true reason why e-cigarettes are so demonized: MONEY. I have been very busy writng to **** Durbin who has been on the airwaves spewing more lies and of course wants even MORE money. Of course he wants to increase the tax on e-cigarettes. I shared numerous e-cigarette articles from FORBES regarding oh, lets see, MSA money (in which case Illinois only pays 10% of their MSA cut for a "smoking cessation program"). May I add far LESS than the CDC requires. But he wants more. News flash: nicotine in e-cigarettes is NOT a tobacco leaf and the MSA agreement was settled way before ecigs made the market. ( I read that SOMEWHERE) So maybe they won't apply. That won't stop him. Can they tax the e-cig if nicotine isn't used? If so, I will do that before paying him one more dollar.

I also sent these fine articles from Forbes on ecigarettes to the CDC. You remember the lady that collapsed her lung? Yep, Forbes mentioned that campaign in one of their articles and they slammed the CDC and good ol' boy Tom. Truth not lies. Lets see their defense to these. Bill and Michael were mentioned in a few of these articles.

I am getting very tired of the lies. Sad state of affairs when MONEY trumps health.

The following will lead to many excellent articles. Good for sending.......

Holy End Run! Attorneys General Urge Action As E-Cigarettes Gain Market Share - Forbes

I read the post regarding breaking the link.... a little nervous....anyone want to show me?

I really don't think you need to break that link. While it wasn't 100% pro-e-cig, it was nonetheless a very balanced article, from a very reputable source.

nicnik

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 20, 2015
Illinois, USA

In that article:

"At an estimated $1.7 billion and growing, the e-cigarette market operates free of the financial penalties and marketing restrictions the attorneys general negotiated in the 1998 Master Settlement Agreement with tobacco companies. That agreement, which pumps about $6 billion a year into state treasuries (and hundreds of millions of dollars more into the bank accounts of the politically connected private attorneys who helped negotiate it), covers conventional tobacco cigarettes, not e-cigs that deliver pure nicotine by heating it with a battery-powered device."

Referring to the part I put in bold type, if they're saying that those payments to the lawyers are ongoing, and if that's true, that helps further explain that famous NEJM formaldehyde letter. If I remember correctly, the authors had funding from some of the top MSA lawyers. Money money money - everybody drools over such huge sums that cigarette sales bring in. They want us to keep on and/or return to turning over our money to them.

Maybe what they mean is that there's still a lot of work those lawyers do in the dividing up the loot. No difference, really. Still a huge conflict of interest for the authors with their stupid study.

nicnik

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 20, 2015
Illinois, USA
Breaking links in this system is a bit different from the old. If you put this at the beginning of the link [ plain ] and this at the end of the link [ / plain ] (no spaces) It should let the link be show in its entirety without it being clickable or it will click but bring you to a blank page. Whoever wants to see the link can copy the link and paste it into their browser.

Hope that helps someone.

Yup. It helps me, unless I misunderstand. We actually should type in the word "plain" in those spots, right?

pennysmalls

Squonkmeister
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 26, 2013
Indiana
In that article:

"At an estimated $1.7 billion and growing, the e-cigarette market operates free of the financial penalties and marketing restrictions the attorneys general negotiated in the 1998 Master Settlement Agreement with tobacco companies. That agreement, which pumps about $6 billion a year into state treasuries (and hundreds of millions of dollars more into the bank accounts of the politically connected private attorneys who helped negotiate it), covers conventional tobacco cigarettes, not e-cigs that deliver pure nicotine by heating it with a battery-powered device."

Referring to the part I put in bold type, if they're saying that those payments to the lawyers are ongoing, and if that's true, that helps further explain that famous NEJM formaldehyde letter. If I remember correctly, the authors had funding from some of the top MSA lawyers. Money money money - everybody drools over such huge sums that cigarette sales bring in. They want us to keep on and/or return to turning over our money to them.

Maybe what they mean is that there's still a lot of work those lawyers do in the dividing up the loot. No difference, really. Still a huge conflict of interest for the authors with their stupid study.

I read that article and thought the same thing, I also remember reading that the formaldehyde study was funded by those attorneys. The conflicts of interest are staggering in all of this. And it starts at the top with our federal government because of the tobacco taxes then works itself all the way down to each and every state. I do wonder how far it goes laterally in each state.

Reactions: nicnik

Robino1

Resting in Peace
ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2012
Treasure Coast, Florida
Yup. It helps me, unless I misunderstand. We actually should type in the word "plain" in those spots, right?
you need the [ <~~ bracket

[ plain ] [ / plain ] Take out any spaces. Put the link between the bracketed plain

the / tells the system that this the end of the link. Just as we have the [QUOTE ] to tell the system where the quote starts and [/ QUOTE ] to tell where the quote stops.

philoshop

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 21, 2014
geneva, ny, usa
you need the [ <~~ bracket

[ plain ] [ / plain ] Take out any spaces. Put the link between the bracketed plain

the / tells the system that this the end of the link. Just as we have the [QUOTE ] to tell the system where the quote starts and [/ QUOTE ] to tell where the quote stops.

Your edit of Old Soldier's sticky at the top of the forum clarifies it nicely! A simple and elegant solution!
Thanks for helping those of us who are are 'computerese-challenged' to safely cross the street. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread