Upgrading Batteries?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShelaghDB

Mar 9, 2015
When I first began to Vape and needed batteries I was put on to the Samsung INR18650 25R 30A 2500mAh High Drain Battery, which I can pick up in Canada online for $6.95 CA

Nowadays, not an expert but I have graduated.
Use a Seigeli 100w with a Delta ll tank, although not too high. Just high enough within the right range.
iStick 50w with a Kangor Sub tank mini, again, not high, usually around 17w
Vamo clone which uses one 18650 battery, again, a Kangor sub min around 17w
And a couple other new mech mod clones, Kbox mod, etc.

I am NOT into Clouds and only taste.
Making my own coils but still not perfecting them. Still trying to find the right spot etc.

My Question?

Are these same Samsung 25R still the right batteries for me?
I like the price.
Never used Efest, JoyTech, etc; and off hand wouldn't know which one to use anyhow...
But looking at their prices here, they range from,

$5.95 - Efest IMR18650 Chemically Safe Li-ion 3.7V 2000mAh
$10.95 - Efest IMR18650 20AMP Chemically Safe Li-ion 3.7V 3100mAh
$10.95 - Genuine Joyetech eVic 2600mAh Samsung Replacement Battery
$10.95 - Panasonic IMR Hybrid High Drain 18650 2250mah Flat/Button/Protected Li-Ion
$10.95 - Panasonic IMR Hybrid High Drain 18650 2250mah Flat/Button/Protected Li-Ion

just for example.....

What would the $10.95 versions bring me more then the $6.95 version does?
Are the more expensive ones really needed for those that blow clouds or would those like myself that are after taste but maybe using a 100+ w Seigeli rather than, lets say, a some mod of 20w using a Nautilus Mini?

IF its just about power, meaning they will last longer, will they last long enough to make it worth spending the extra $ per battery or not?
If not, than the Samsung, I take it, remains the best deal, correct?

Last but not least, what uses a 26650 battery such as the following for $13.95?
26650 Trust Fire Protected Li-ion 3.7V 5000mAh With PCB

Please dont make any suggestions of where to buy in the United States as its harder to get batteries across our border so I prefer to buy in Canada and am, I believe, quoting prices from the best priced legitimate source here, CanVape for them.

Thx

ShelaghDB

Mar 9, 2015
The Samsung 18650's you are using are fine. I'm not seeing an 'upgrade' in any of the 18650's you've listed.
As for 26650's, NO TrustFire batteries Of Any Type. The rule is Nothing With Fire In The Brand Name.
I don't own a 26650 mod so I have no history on those batteries.

Perfect. Thank you. Just wanted to be sure that these STILL were the best for me as the level of vaping power increases!
Very hard question to get answred apparently, not only here so i do appreciate your having done so! :)

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
There is more to chosing the "best battery" than going by the mAh (capacity - an approximation on how long a battery will last on a charge) specs. Depending upon your chosen style or application of vaping, the amps in continuous discharge rate may be even more important than battery capacity. Battery capacity is usually figured for a low drain application like a flashlight. Vaping is a high drain application, so the mAh capacity doesn't apply to our situation.

Some manufacturers/vendors publish either the "continuous" discharge rate, the "pulse" discharge rate, or both. As vapers, we are most concerned with the continuous discharge rate in amps, as this is what would be important should our device autofire on its own. 10 amps continuous discharge rate is fine for general purpose vaping; however if you plan to sub-ohm vape, you'll want at a minimum 20 amps continuous discharge rate in your batteries.

Battery Basics for Mods

Deeper Understanding of Mod Batteries

Last edited:

Froth

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 1, 2014
Chipotle.
The Samsung 25R is pretty much the best currently produced battery available in 18650 form factor. Since you have a 100W device, even if you don't use it near 100W I would recommend having the 25R's in there for sure and since they are cheap and available to you it seems to be the best outcome.

Reactions: VapingTurtle
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread