at the grocery store.

Status
Not open for further replies.

skoony

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 31, 2013
saint paul,mn,usa
this morning i made a run to the grocery store to pick up a few things.
i brought with me my kr808d1 x large with a kanger t3 clearomiser.
the dark blue of the battery contrasts well with the clearomizer with
black drip tip. looks exactly like i am holding a pen in my hand.
i preceded to find my things and generally browse the aisles for about
20 to 25 minutes discreetly vaping all the while.to my dismay no one
noticed. this left me a little confused.
what i need to know is if no one noticed me vaping did i really vape?
or,should i say i didn't do it,no one seen me do it,they can't prove a thing?
:confused:o_O
regards
mike

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
angryvaper.crypticsites.com
this morning i made a run to the grocery store to pick up a few things.
i brought with me my kr808d1 x large with a kanger t3 clearomiser.
the dark blue of the battery contrasts well with the clearomizer with
black drip tip. looks exactly like i am holding a pen in my hand.
i preceded to find my things and generally browse the aisles for about
20 to 25 minutes discreetly vaping all the while.to my dismay no one
noticed. this left me a little confused.
what i need to know is if no one noticed me vaping did i really vape?
or,should i say i didn't do it,no one seen me do it,they can't prove a thing?
:confused:o_O
regards
mike

Love this. :D The sad thing is, if you'd actually pointed out to anyone that you were vaping, suddenly 20 people would cough in unison. :facepalm:

Idiots.
Andria

sillypanda

ECF Veteran
Jul 31, 2013
new york
I'm all for stealth vaping.. but the other day heading to work, this girl sitting in front of me was legit full on vaping. This was on an express bus (coach like buses) and we were sitting towards the end so people around us didn't notice. She really ...... me off and if it wasn't so early in the morning, I would've said something. The fact that she wasn't even trying to hide it really got me. Vapers like her are the ones ruining it for everyone.

skoony

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 31, 2013
saint paul,mn,usa
I'm all for stealth vaping.. but the other day heading to work, this girl sitting in front of me was legit full on vaping. This was on an express bus (coach like buses) and we were sitting towards the end so people around us didn't notice. She really ...... me off and if it wasn't so early in the morning, I would've said something. The fact that she wasn't even trying to hide it really got me. Vapers like her are the ones ruining it for everyone.
i see this on public transportation every day. no one notices because
no one cares. it doesn't stink the place up. it doesn't affect them so
they flat out don't care. now try the same thing with a cigarette.
the people on public transit get it. there is not going to be any
self respecting ANTZ caught dead on the bus. people that use
public transportation learn early what real tolerance is all about.
having said that,don't let the bus police catch you.
regards
mike

MattyTny

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 8, 2013
New York
Vaping in public is kind of a touchy subject at times. When in an establishment such as a grocery store I think it's best to wait until your outside or in the privacy of your vehicle.

It's not nearly as offensive as smoking, but since vaping emulates smoking it can be offensive to others around you. It would be respectful to ask the store employees of its okay first.

I work in a restaurant and we had a party for a about 30 people, it was for a couple and their baby's first birthday. The father, who was also taking care of the check, was using a small blu type device. They had a portion of the restaurant reserved for the family and I spoke to my manager about it. He said that its okay since it's really not drawing attention and we are catering to them for the day. In that scenario I could see why we didn't care much about it, it's not like he was constantly puffing it either.

I also had a few customers just sit down in the front for pizza slices with their PV sitting on the table and not using it until they left. That was very respectful.

sillypanda

ECF Veteran
Jul 31, 2013
new york
I mean I understand that vaping does no harm to others but what gets me ...... off is how inconsiderate some vapers are. I used to work at a place where my manager doesn't care if I vape in the building as long as no customers were around. I no longer work there and this new place has different rules. Gotta respect that because even though vaping is harmless, the clouds can BE annoying.

k702

ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2014
lost wages, sin city, NV
I mean I understand that vaping does no harm to others but what gets me ...... off is how inconsiderate some vapers are. I used to work at a place where my manager doesn't care if I vape in the building as long as no customers were around. I no longer work there and this new place has different rules. Gotta respect that because even though vaping is harmless, the clouds can BE annoying.

^^ kinda agree..

I don't know if people are necessarily being rude by vaping in places that we all kinda know we shouldn't.. but I worry about anyone who has trouble going through a shopping trip without a toot or three. Sometimes you should just be able to leave the vape at home while you're out and about.

SissySpike

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 1, 2012
San Diego CA
^^ kinda agree..

I don't know if people are necessarily being rude by vaping in places that we all kinda know we shouldn't.. but I worry about anyone who has trouble going through a shopping trip without a toot or three. Sometimes you should just be able to leave the vape at home while you're out and about.

Why? Why because you don't necessarily do this is it cause for worry or insinuating the OP has problems for wanting to vape more than you do.

If you look at some of the comments in vaping in public threads people are so conditioned they have no clue they are being just as judgmental as the antz they profess to hate.
Live and let live

[emoji57] You should start running red lights and see how long it takes to get a ticket. Same thing

Why?
why is it the same thing running a red light can cause people to die have serious injuries or property loss sneaking a vape in the G-store dose not hurt anyone if know one is the wiser.

skoony

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 31, 2013
saint paul,mn,usa
Vaping in public is kind of a touchy subject at times. When in an establishment such as a grocery store I think it's best to wait until your outside or in the privacy of your vehicle.

It's not nearly as offensive as smoking, but since vaping emulates smoking it can be offensive to others around you. It would be respectful to ask the store employees of its okay first.

I work in a restaurant and we had a party for a about 30 people, it was for a couple and their baby's first birthday. The father, who was also taking care of the check, was using a small blu type device. They had a portion of the restaurant reserved for the family and I spoke to my manager about it. He said that its okay since it's really not drawing attention and we are catering to them for the day. In that scenario I could see why we didn't care much about it, it's not like he was constantly puffing it either.

I also had a few customers just sit down in the front for pizza slices with their PV sitting on the table and not using it until they left. That was very respectful.
you have missed my whole point.
what they don't see does not hurt them.
regards
mike

AndrewH

Verified Member
Aug 22, 2013
Kalamazoo, MI
I stealth vape pretty much everywhere, Walmart, movie theatre, the mall, my job, the bar etc. I'm at nearly 3 years and I've never once been asked to stop or gotten kicked out of somewhere. With that said, I am also usually running a Joyetech Ecom w/ 75% PG / 35% VG juice while I'm out and about. Very little clouds and if I hold it in for an extra couple of seconds there's no clouds at all. I DO NOT subscribe to the fact that as vapers we should just lump in with the smokers, I feel that's doing just as much harm as the guy (or girl) standing in line at Walmart chucking clouds like they're in a cloud competition.

I think the biggest thing that has been successful for me is that I do not draw attention to myself in any way, shape or form nor do I feel like it's my 'right' to vape wherever I please, I'm courteous and discreet about it and I've never had a single problem. If anything the few times that someone has noticed me they've been smokers that are wanting to stop smoking analogs and have come up to ask me questions about vaping.

To be honest, I've never seen a hobby forum that is so judgemental against it's own hobbyists as some members here on ECF are. It's quite sad really and I certainly hope this phase will pass sooner rather than later.

SissySpike

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 1, 2012
San Diego CA
you have missed my whole point.
what they don't see does not hurt them.
regards
mike
I think Matty gets your point but dose not agree with your point of view. Vaping in public is simply a matter of opinion and each person has different Ideas what he or she should do in public.

What gets my goat is all of the doomsdayers crying regulation regulation your gonna get our vaping banned IMO is just as annoying and obnoxious as the person blowing clouds in close quarter public places.

Iffy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 3, 2011
Florida Suncoast
He said that its okay since it's really not drawing attention and we are catering to them for the day. In that scenario I could see why we didn't care much about it, it's not like he was constantly puffing it either.

IMHO, your manager is an unscrupulous azzhat, a money grabbin' monger and an uninformed enemy of vapers! Just my .02 FRN...

Reactions: Izan

ScandaLeX

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 6, 2013
PhiLLy
Love this. :D The sad thing is, if you'd actually pointed out to anyone that you were vaping, suddenly 20 people would cough in unison. :facepalm:

Idiots.
Andria
This made me laugh. Yesterday was out with my sister- I'm the vaper; she's not. I started vaping & she immediately drew her hand up to shield herself from 'the smoke' & while doing so it suddenly re-dawned on her I wasn't smoking & she put her hand down. I was expecting the cough honestly….that's what I generally get from her.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread