Copper Creek Chit Chat, Part #4

Status
Not open for further replies.

efirdj

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Sep 16, 2011
Clover, SC
Good morning all. Its Monday... And it feels like a Monday... My .... is dragging this morning. I even went to bed early last night.

The team did so-so over the weekend. They went three wins, two losses, one tie. Kat had four at bats all weekend. She was walked three of them and struck out on the fourth. She wouldve had a fifth, but the coach pulled her off last minute to put in an extra batter. It pizzed me off, but I understand why. We had less than five minutes to go in that game (which ended up being our last one), two outs, we were down by two, their pitcher was fast and accurate and was the one that struck her out at her previous at bat. She was just eating Kat up with some really fast inside pitches, and Kat was just having issues getting her bat around quick enough to get to them. Not that it mattered in the end... The extra batter was struck out.

It was cold, wet, and windy all weekend. We felt so bad for all of those girls playing in the rain and 45-50 degree weather. But they took it like champs, and played hard.

And now that the high school season is winding down, we should be able to get some more quality practices in. We only had four practices this month between the rain and the high school team needing to use the field. That should make a huge difference in how well they're playing.

Other than that, there is nothing new happening around here. Trying to plan out another week of Kat's practices and Melanie's games. Mel's down to her last few games too. Mrs E and I will end up splitting them if they conflict with Kat's practices.

I hope everyone has a great day!

So I''m narrowing down places with in a couple of hours driving distance. I thought about Charlotte. Is there any thing interesting to do? We just want to go for a long weekend. Any suggestions?
There's a LOT to do around Charlotte. Its just going to depend on your finances and what you want to do and if youre including the kids or not.

Not to mention, I might know someone on the way to the city that would be more than happy to provide a place to relax for a few hours, share a few beers, and get some food thrown on the grill. As long as it's not on a tournament weekend, of course. ;)

I've always wanted to see that part of the country.
Dude! Good to see you back around here!

You should swing by too. The invite is still open since the first time I made it two or three years ago!

I've never been further than Ohio. Next year, I might make it. It's between Newfoundland, Labrador, and the East Coast, or Alaska again.
I've always wanted to see Alaska... I've looked into the cruises up there, but never really had the money for it.

Did you love Alaska? It's on my list. Along with Ireland.
Your list looks a lot like mine does!

Good morning everyone! How can it be Monday already? James said that it was going to be a long weekend! :)

*Punkin on the move*
Oh, yes it was. Long. Cold. Stressful. But at least we didnt have to worry about chasing after the little ones, or keeping the busy, or warm.

tlmoody27

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 9, 2012
Middle of No Where, GA
(((((FV))))) I completely understand your pain.

Work went good today. No pita dogs and no pita humans either. Hubby is home for a couple of days now. I have an adult to talk to now.

I can't get the smileys to work for me. I do not like this new set up.

There's a LOT to do around Charlotte. Its just going to depend on your finances and what you want to do and if youre including the kids or not.

Not to mention, I might know someone on the way to the city that would be more than happy to provide a place to relax for a few hours, share a few beers, and get some food thrown on the grill. As long as it's not on a tournament weekend, of course. ;)

How far away do you live from there? The kids would definitely NOT be coming. It's our 20th anniversary and we soooo need a weekend by ourselves. As far as finances go, at this point I don't know. I'll do some research on Charlotte.

Reactions: FlyingV

efirdj

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Sep 16, 2011
Clover, SC
(((((FV))))) I completely understand your pain.

Work went good today. No pita dogs and no pita humans either. Hubby is home for a couple of days now. I have an adult to talk to now.

I can't get the smileys to work for me. I do not like this new set up.

How far away do you live from there? The kids would definitely NOT be coming. It's our 20th anniversary and we soooo need a weekend by ourselves. As far as finances go, at this point I don't know. I'll do some research on Charlotte.
From Atlanta, its just a short detour on the way to Charlotte off of I-85. We're close enough to the city, I manage the drive into Charlotte on a daily, some times twice daily, basis. It takes me 30-45 minutes to get to work, depending on traffic.

Yeah, do some research... There are dozens of microbreweries if youre into beer. Carowinds amusement park. Real heavy on the nightlife, too. Again, it just kinda depends on what you want to do and the funds.

cba191

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 11, 2011
Salt Lake City
I've always wanted to see Alaska... I've looked into the cruises up there, but never really had the money for it.

The cruises can be really expensive, but I guess there is a lot of Alaska where there is no other way to see it. But there is TONS to see on a road trip. It's a real long road trip though.

I'm so sorry to hear about Jake.

Drottwiler

Old Timer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 20, 2010
Drott's Dog House
cherished-dog-sympathy-card1_0.jpg

Bamrz

Z.A.P.T. Member*
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 8, 2010
PA, near Philly
Thanks guys, we're all hanging in there. Victor is confused, he's having a rough go of it. We came home early. I'll be cleaning the hut. I always do my best cleaning when I am super sad, or super mad.
It will take a while for Victor to sort it all out. Before kids, we had 2 kitties that were litter mates, Jake and Elwood. We lost Elwood and Jake pined for him for a long time. He would sit in the dining room window and watch for him to come across the back yard, it was so sad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread