RDA Troll RDA Review

Status
Not open for further replies.

Treeburner1983

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Picked up an authentic Troll RDA the other day from a local B&M, on the advice of the employee that it was good for lower ohm builds with lots of airflow. My first impression on pulling it apart was that there's tons of room under the hood! Also, there's no insulators to worry about damaging. There are four post holes, the two positive sharing a T shaped post. The Troll holds tons of juice, and you'll need it with the massive amount of vapor this thing puts out! Three diagonal slits on each side of the enclosure give the Troll TONS of airflow, but are not susceptible to leaking.

When using the Troll I occasionally get some juice popping out of the airholes. It's never enough to make any kind of mess, but it can be surprising. I've built the Troll at 0.25 with 26g twisted and 0.35 with 28g twisted, both of which worked great and produced tons of cloud at a comfortable temperature with the airflow wide open. By far the most comfortable dripper I've ever used!

Between having no insulators to worry about burning up, big post holes, massive airflow and very nice juice capacity, there is not a single thing I would change about the Troll RDA!

-Treeburner

20150310_190348.jpg

Reactions: Kprthevapr

Treeburner1983

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Threw a dual 24g kanthal 3mm ID at 0.36ohm in my Troll last night wicked with japanese cotton, and at 45watts it's vaping like a dream! Thick rich clouds of strawberries and cream goodness with 70% VG / 30% PG DIY blend, and plenty of airflow to cool down the large coils! And unlike my Mutation X v1 the flavor is not muted, but rather still rich and tasty!

The more I use the Troll the more I love it!

-Treeburner

Reactions: Stringplucker

sahsah

ECF Veteran
Oct 18, 2013
los angeles, california, USA
Threw a dual 24g kanthal 3mm ID at 0.36ohm in my Troll last night wicked with japanese cotton, and at 45watts it's vaping like a dream! Thick rich clouds of strawberries and cream goodness with 70% VG / 30% PG DIY blend, and plenty of airflow to cool down the large coils! And unlike my Mutation X v1 the flavor is not muted, but rather still rich and tasty!

The more I use the Troll the more I love it!

-Treeburner

couldn't agree more, she's my everyday atty, gets more use than anything else in my embarrassingly extensive collection of attys. just so easy to build and wick and always get great performance out of her. absolutely love it. I keep buying new RTA's and RDA's hoping to find something to dethrone the troll, but nothing has come close to the flavor or clouds i get out of her...

Reactions: Kprthevapr

sahsah

ECF Veteran
Oct 18, 2013
I just got my troll in today....First thing I noticed....spinning center post...is it supposed to do that?
Just straighten it out and tighten down your 510 pin tight, should fix the issue. I can't wait until the day when squared center posts with corresponding square insulators (otherwise the whole thing is pointless and just aesthetic like in some current rda's I won't mention) become the norm, so that spinning posts are a thing of the past. We've got the negative posts milled to the deck as a standard for the most part, we just need to get the modders on board with the positive block fix. I have a dream...lol

Reactions: matt9285

Grim35

Feb 18, 2015
York
I just got my troll in today....First thing I noticed....spinning center post...is it supposed to do that?
I just received the troll SMPL mod combo. I unscrewed the positive pin to make sure I have a safe connection with the hybrid mod and the center post started to turn. Then the screw, when slight pressure wS applies slid up into the 510 making it flush with the negative threads. This concerns me very much since it could easily cause a hard short. I did come up with a fix buying am not recommending anyone do it, at you own risk only. I took a white insulator off a Kanger OCC coil and used the scissors of a small Swiss Army knife to cut the insulator into 3 small pieces. I then put 2 of the pieces over the positive screw and screwed it back into the 510 connection. It is very tight, protrudes enough to make IMHO a safe connection to the baterry and solved my center post from turning.

Reactions: matt9285

Steelgirl

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2013
Houston, Tx
I just received my Troll so I've only been using a few days. So far it's an excellent piece of vape equipment. I have just a single .86 ohm
26 ga coil. Was meant to be dual, but as usual I cut leg on 2nd coil. Hate it when I do that. It's ok, cuz the vape is excellent anyway ! One thing I've noticed is what a quite vape it is. Sometimes I have to stop the inhale, let out inhale just to make sure it's firing. And it always is firing. I like quite vaping!

Reactions: sahsah

Azarias

May 25, 2015
Illinois
Got my Troll today.
My first RDA ever. I never understood what's so special about RDA's.
And now ..... shinyitis got me with full force. Some other RDA's are already on my wishlist.

Only negative aspect: I was outdoors and met my wife. When we came back into the appartment we couldn't see any further than 10ft. Everything was full of clouds. oops. :D

sahsah

ECF Veteran
Oct 18, 2013
Got an authentic copper troll the other day. The top O-ring was busting through the deck making it unvapable. Very dissapointed :(
I found the cap too tight and not conducive to easily detach for dripping on the fly, so I just removed one of the two o-rings it came applied with and now it's the perfect medium between easy to seperate and securely seated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread