Not open for further replies.

Alawot

Wakonda Warrior
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2015
Lebanon, Ohio
Bro, yes, it's funny. When I was making nearly contact micros back in the day I found the vape better at that smaller diameter. I carried that over into my contact micro forray. Then I decided to bend a 2.0mm rod for my gizmo. It vaped excellently and yes, wicking was easier.

So it was only natural to try the 2.0mm pole on the coil-master. It vaped excellently and like I said, IMO, fired more evenly and held its end turns better than one wound under inconsistent tension.

So, you know me, if it's easier, I can consistently duplicate it and it produces the same or better results, I'm all in.

So yes, my coil building means, methods and materials have been evolving after a rather stagnant period of building basically the same coils but changing the methods I used to get there.

With all the air available to me now, I'm stuck right on 8 winds 2.0mm ID 27 ga kanthal A1 netting 0.43 to 0.47 depending on the atty.

So easy to duplicate, such a cig killing vape.

But I do have a slight advantage over ya'll (that's easilly cured with money):
69e83e92d28dd8690ae93d0947fb4af7.jpg

dda6a4b89ddd814a4f1ae5815d17650e.jpg

They originally sent me 2 red ones. I sent one to scydivasloth to back check my findings.

I still had one red one and the new blue one they sent me. I mixed and matched them :)

That's not necessary, but having 2 means you have 2 matching poles for mounting dual coils :). Also notice that those poles have a small lip on them to push a coil over and they are slipperier than music wire so you can use the same pole you wound on and reinsert into your coil to cue it :)

I have an idea that Ima talk to them about to improve this deal a bit but Ima wait till I have it drawn up :)

I think I remember you mentioning in a vid I recently watched that you liked red/black combo. I was looking at the coil master site and see that they offer a black one.

Debadoo

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2012
Texas, near Fort Hood
I have an idea that Ima talk to them about to improve this deal a bit but Ima wait till I have it drawn up :)

Interested to see what you come up with and if they do it. I noticed you trying to hold the .... of the rod up to the back part of the jig, then screwing the cap on. A tad easier way is to just insert the rod into the cap, hold it rod down, then place the back of the jig into the cap and screw it down. Don't have to hold the rod that way. I do like that they are now marked! I hate that mine aren't, cuz my eyeballs can't tell the 2.0 rod from the 2.5 rod. Are the rods also etched or marked in some way?

cthulhufan

ECF Veteran
Feb 6, 2013
Saint Louis, MO, USA
Interested to see what you come up with and if they do it. I noticed you trying to hold the .... of the rod up to the back part of the jig, then screwing the cap on. A tad easier way is to just insert the rod into the cap, hold it rod down, then place the back of the jig into the cap and screw it down. Don't have to hold the rod that way. I do like that they are now marked! I hate that mine aren't, cuz my eyeballs can't tell the 2.0 rod from the 2.5 rod. Are the rods also etched or marked in some way?

Yes, the end of the rod that goes into the back of the jig is etched with the size.

Mactavish

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 19, 2010
New York
Deb, it'll take a video to explain why :)

I'll do it Friday night :)

I know it's a lot of work, but I look forward to this video, watched most of yours going back almost two years. Keep up the good work, like the way you "roll". :)

super_X_drifter

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 4, 2012
Somewhere out there
www.youtube.com
I know it's a lot of work, but I look forward to this video, watched most of yours going back almost two years. Keep up the good work, like the way you "roll". :)
Thank you for the props bro :). It has been shot now I just gotta get some time at the PC to edit it all together :)

Debadoo

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2012
Texas, near Fort Hood
Would love it if my coil masters would show up sometime soon. Mailed on the 21st first class mail from Ohio to mich. 1 state away and the tracking has not even updated since it left ohio on the 23rd. Damn post office playing games!

I dunno what it is about Ohio and Texas, and from what I hear, Florida,(but I've never ordered from Fl). But mail coming from Ohio and sad to say Tx seems to take forever! Especially if it's priority.....sometimes that goes slower than 1st class :confused:

Thank you for the props bro :). It has been shot now I just gotta get some time at the PC to edit it all together :)

lookin forward to it. Saw the one you did on the case, but I know you said you were going to go into the why more on a later one. Take your time......but hurry up!!! hehehe (totally messin with ya)!

super_X_drifter

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 4, 2012
Somewhere out there
www.youtube.com
Oh no...am I going to end up buying one of these Coil Masters now? These SuperX videos are getting expensive.

Lol. Sorry my brother :). Totally not necessary but it does work very well for my needs :). I hear ya on the money part too - I've bought nearly everything I've ever made a vid of :)

Get 2, so you have a rod for each coil, if you build dual coils.

Exactly. I was lucky enough to get three - two from them for the first review and one in the DIY kit. I sent one to an amigo and he digs it as much as I do :). Yep. Dual coils = dual coil masters :)

Debadoo

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2012
Texas, near Fort Hood
Never having done a dual coil build, I think I'm missing something. Why two? Would you not make one, mount it, then make the other one?

This is what I do. I was given an old one without the size markings on it. I make one coil, then make the other coil. Then I use my lil blue screwdriver the way Russ used to use his white needle thing to put em on. got too many thing to buy still to be buying duplicates of something I already have.

Reactions: Alawot

Rule62

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2011
Melbourne, Florida
This is what I do. I was given an old one without the size markings on it. I make one coil, then make the other coil. Then I use my lil blue screwdriver the way Russ used to use his white needle thing to put em on. got too many thing to buy still to be buying duplicates of something I already have.

Yeah, I probably didn't need 2 Coil Masters. I just seem to have a thing for having duplicate tools.

Reactions: Debadoo
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread