Status
Not open for further replies.

Nanny22

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 2, 2014
Michigan
I agree with John! This is a fabulous juice - my compliments, Clark! I immediately went to the website to see what kind of availability we are working with. I believe it will go fast when word gets out just how wonderful it is. Very smooth and creamy, and it is definitely one of those vapes that makes you lick your lips to savor the flavor. The higher VG makes for a rich thick vapor that yields the most delicious room note. I can see this steeping into another Nicoticket ADV for me. I am beyond thrilled. BRAVO!
giphy.gif

Ms.Cruzer

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 20, 2010
Woodland Park, CO
That's great!! I wasn't a fan of Got Cookie.:)

GC and I didn't make it through even one full tank. Then I tried it weeks later, same thing. I literally never could get it near my nose again. First juice that's ever been like that for me.

First smell of The Cure, chocolate. Uh oh. Being a brave soul, I loaded a half tank anyway after shaking it and letting it sit on my desk for a few hours.

I've gone back and forth between it and other juice all evening. I think it's going to have to go in the steeper to be revisited later. I can't get past the chocolate, the same as in GC (which, for me, doesn't taste anything like chocolate.). I don't taste anything else. Wonky tastebuds, maybe. I have made it through a ml or two which is much further than I ever got with GC.

So, I'm not giving up yet. To be continued in a few weeks.....

solace.discord

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2011
Southern Maine
I've gone back and forth between it and other juice all evening. I think it's going to have to go in the steeper to be revisited later. I can't get past the chocolate, the same as in GC (which, for me, doesn't taste anything like chocolate.). I don't taste anything else. Wonky tastebuds, maybe. I have made it through a ml or two which is much further than I ever got with GC.

So, I'm not giving up yet. To be continued in a few weeks.....

same here.. heavy floral and chocolate liquor is what I get the most of, and I've tried it here and there through the day.. I keep trying though- can't stay away for some reason.. going to refill this tank and make myself put it away for a few days!

Ms.Cruzer

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 20, 2010
Woodland Park, CO
Proof in the pudd'in that taste is certainly subjective and that all juices don't hit for all people.

So true and I know my taste is fickle. I don't want to be a Debbie Downer about this juice and I know many people will love it. Honestly, no one is more disappointed than I am that I didn't instantly love it.

I was skeptical in the onset because Clark told me the chocolate was there. But I think anyone who had a big issue with GC, may want to know. You wouldn't believe me if I told you what fragrance the chocolate tastes/smells like to me. It's a bit bizarre.

Will The Cure change enough with a steep? Time will tell and our tastebuds will determine for sure. I hope I can do a complete turnaround in a few weeks! :)

solace.discord

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2011
Southern Maine
Will The Cure change enough with a steep? Time will tell and our tastebuds will determine for sure. I hope I can do a complete turnaround in a few weeks! :)

this is my hope as well! I already want to keep vaping it, so I have very high hopes!

distortoblotto

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 12, 2013
S.F/ Seattle
So true and I know my taste is fickle. I don't want to be a Debbie Downer about this juice and I know many people will love it. Honestly, no one is more disappointed than I am that I didn't instantly love it.

I was skeptical in the onset because Clark told me the chocolate was there. But I think anyone who had a big issue with GC, may want to know. You wouldn't believe me if I told you what fragrance the chocolate tastes/smells like to me. It's a bit bizarre.

Sorry it didn't hit for you Lezlee...
Hanging on to it and putting it to the steep for a while sounds like a good idea. My gut feeling is that this one is going to steep into something magical.

scratchtheweasel

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 27, 2014
Pocono PA
About 3ml into this reo bottle and it keeps getting better. Might have jumped the gun a little, but I left a 5 star review on the site. It's really grown on me in a short time. It is a very different chocolate than GC. I also find it sort of funny that this became a chocolate vape since I don't think it started out that way. The s'more approach was not there from the beginning if I read previous posts here right (Clark will correct me if I'm off here). I think it was a bold and very right headed move. The cocoa really defines this vape and gives it a solid base. The supporting flavor notes will be teased out with steeping and build/wattage tuning. It's a really stellar vape that's getting better by the minute for me. Exactly as designed.

JimmyB

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 30, 2014
Colorado Springs, CO.
Haven't posted in a while here, but after sampling The Cure this evening I had to pop in. Very pleased at the moment, pretty much FOB, little bit of steep (about 2 hours) and loaded it up on a Derringer Clone, single 26ga coil @ .4Ω. OMG! Very impressed thus far...definitely getting the Chocolate on the inhale maybe some marshmallow as well and the house smells wonderful this evening :) Glad I went with 2 60ml on this one for now, though that may not last very long, have refilled the Derringer 3x's all ready...good thing I went with 6mg.

This one is a keeper, it will be interesting to see how this steeps out...if I let it :D

Kent Brooks

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Apr 24, 2013
Omaha, Nebraska, United States
www.nicoticket.com

I think you are in store for one of the strangest "twists" in our line-up. Same same with the Virus - it'll be one of those things you test periodically until it 'pops' - once it does, you'll scratch your head and say "hrmmm, this isn't even the same liquid I vaped fresh" - at high wattage, even fresh, I get very little chocolate. As it steeps, the chocolate will recede, the tobacco will progressively emerge, and the liquid will balance. It's a typical tobacco eLiquid - I really don't think it's hit it's stride until it's steeped for at least 30 days - probably closer to 60. That said - I waged (and was correct) that lots of people would enjoy the journey as much as the destination... I wouldn't fret about it either way, it'll either come around for you or it won't! I'm anxious with anticipation for that post that goes "Ummmm, wow" ;) If it never comes, I think it these first batch bottles are going to be a hot commodity - I doubt there will be many on the swap meet (or, if there are, people will be busting out the good stuff to get it).

Kent Brooks

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Apr 24, 2013
www.nicoticket.com
About 3ml into this reo bottle and it keeps getting better. Might have jumped the gun a little, but I left a 5 star review on the site. It's really grown on me in a short time. It is a very different chocolate than GC. I also find it sort of funny that this became a chocolate vape since I don't think it started out that way. The s'more approach was not there from the beginning if I read previous posts here right (Clark will correct me if I'm off here). I think it was a bold and very right headed move. The cocoa really defines this vape and gives it a solid base. The supporting flavor notes will be teased out with steeping and build/wattage tuning. It's a really stellar vape that's getting better by the minute for me. Exactly as designed.

You are spot on that the project didn't begin OR end as a chocolate tobacco vape. I started working in the vein of Boba's Bounty (which is delightful), or Castle Long RESERVE, and the Boss Reserve (sans Bananas). By the end of the R&D journey, the one that steeped out the best, won - and it was an unlikely candidate. I confess, I liked some of the other options better fresh - but this revision of The Cure is here to stay - you are all about to find out why ;)

Kent Brooks

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Apr 24, 2013
www.nicoticket.com
I am not going to do the infamous multi-quote... but - I wanted to thank everyone for device specific feedback on this. Since it's a new liquid and I only tested in a small range of devices (Kayfun Style, Bottom Feeder, Nautilus Mini, and a Sub-Tank) we really need more feedback on the wide range of devices that are out there. I am very appreciative of any time you spend giving us candid "no BS" feedback about your experience!

Sloth Tonight

CF Moderator
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 25, 2014
NY
I'm not sure why I bother posting device specifics - I don't really vary my gig based upon juice or play with wattage, but here goes...

REO Grand
Catfish Derringer
.43ish ohms, dual 26g, 2mm, KGD wick (I know, I know - you're all surprised)

I'll start with a Got Cookie reference, since so many have been made. Personally, to me, a recovering choco-holic, Got Cookie was a perfect chocolate vape - except for the mint, which ruined it for me in the end and saw the last of my stash to the classies. No, this vape is, fresh, nothing like Got Cookie, in terms of the chocolate. But yes there is chocolate ;) and yes it is good...

That said, this juice needs to steep. I'll hit it every once in a while until it pops but this is not a great vape fresh IMO. It's interesting though, and promising. In fact I've experienced enough of Clark's juices now to be confident in his words that a time will come when it tastes nothing like it does fresh. I can almost taste the coming transformation. It tastes "young." But it tastes like it is just waiting to explode.

I taste smores though - chocolate, marshmallow, graham cracker - a light sweetness I believe is from the coconut - and a strange taste which has been described as perfumey and I concur. That will change - fast ;) the after taste is outstanding and the room note made Chrissy want smores. Luckily, we had leftover smores pizza in the fridge. A match made in heaven.

And when it does pop I'll probably order 10 more bottles :facepalm:

PS - this juice is a candidate for dual twisted 28g next...just sayin :)

Megan Kogijiki Ratchford

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Jul 17, 2013
Arvada, CO
Reading this I looked at my half a tank of GCD and added The Cure on top. Shook the tank well and man is this good!! The GCD really gives The Cure a backbone and kills that odd sour note I was getting a little of. This will become amazing once it steeps!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread