Flash-e-Vapor V2 rba by Artur Schwarze

Status
Not open for further replies.

roxynoodle

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 19, 2014
Ohio
I combined two ways to build together. I offset my coil to get closer to the airhole, yet kept it high enough that the bottom of the coil was level with the tops of the post screws. And then could keep my wick tails on the post screws so the mesh straws still touched them.

Its a mech build. 6 wraps of 26g on a 3/32" bit for 0.7 ohm.

Not sure if getting my coil even closer to the base edge may be better yet? So far I'm really enjoying this build so don't have plans to change it anytime soon. Flavor increased significantly though compared to my first build when I had the coil between the posts.

Sorry for the yucky wick.

20150427_151242_zpsykx3lkk3.jpg~320x480

roxynoodle

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 19, 2014
Ohio
Been using the mini nemi for several hours now. Its very light, and the switch is very easy to use. However, I had been vaping that tank on a Stingray X, which has noticeably less voltage drop. So now its not hitting as hard, but I'll see how it goes the next few days. Its a nice mod though. The switch is nice enough that I would love a 22mm Nemi if it was copper :)

jaxgator

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 24, 2014
Jacksonville, FL
I combined two ways to build together. I offset my coil to get closer to the airhole, yet kept it high enough that the bottom of the coil was level with the tops of the post screws. And then could keep my wick tails on the post screws so the mesh straws still touched them.

Its a mech build. 6 wraps of 26g on a 3/32" bit for 0.7 ohm.

Not sure if getting my coil even closer to the base edge may be better yet? So far I'm really enjoying this build so don't have plans to change it anytime soon. Flavor increased significantly though compared to my first build when I had the coil between the posts.

Sorry for the yucky wick.

20150427_151242_zpsykx3lkk3.jpg~320x480

I just received 2 more FeVs the other day. Gonna have to give this offset coil build a try. Thanks roxy!

roxynoodle

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 19, 2014
Ohio
Try 8mm x 40mm and then roll it. Leave it on the drill bit when trying to insert. If it doesn't fit, start trimming 5mm off at a time.

That's what I did, although I think I ended up with more like 30mm when I finally got them to fit. But, its well known I'm terrible at mesh rolling :)

ccwaters, I'm using 14650s :). I just don't do well with change, lol! It looks a lot better on the mini Nemi, but the vape is different. I'll adjust.

jaxgator

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 24, 2014
Jacksonville, FL
When you clean your Flash e's, do you take your straws out?

I don't but I do take care to hold the chamber in a cupped hand in case the water pressure forces them out. I've never had them come out yet. *knocks on wood*

roxynoodle

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 19, 2014
Ohio
If you are ever going to rinse over a sink I would take them out for fear of them going down the drain, hehe

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

I put the plug in the drain :). I've lost enough stuff already :D Do you know I even had a Gus drip tip manage to go down the bathroom sink? I actually pulled the s trap and got it back, then disenfected the bejeezus out of it. Now that I wasn't worried could go down the drain, but it did!

dems86

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 3, 2014
Sacramento, CA, US
I put the plug in the drain :). I've lost enough stuff already :D Do you know I even had a Gus drip tip manage to go down the bathroom sink? I actually pulled the s trap and got it back, then disenfected the bejeezus out of it. Now that I wasn't worried could go down the drain, but it did!
I've pulled the S-trap out before to reclaim something...nothing vape related...yet...knock on wood

Reactions: roxynoodle

roxynoodle

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 19, 2014
Ohio
I don't bother getting o rings back, but I wanted that drip tip :). I had just gotten my Estia that day, and was washing it when it happened. I was like NOOOO! My first Gus atty, and one I had been waiting 5 months to get. I hadn't even built or vaped it yet.

I have a Cubuc on the way, and I bet that could go down the drain as well if I'm not careful.

Reactions: dems86

dems86

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 3, 2014
Sacramento, CA, US
I don't bother getting o rings back, but I wanted that drip tip :). I had just gotten my Estia that day, and was washing it when it happened. I was like NOOOO! My first Gus atty, and one I had been waiting 5 months to get. I hadn't even built or vaped it yet.

I have a Cubuc on the way, and I bet that could go down the drain as well if I'm not careful.
You must have a big drain for the cubuc to fit down it, hehe. Well, I guess if using the kitchen sink, but if it has those rubber flappies then probably still not, or disposal. If it falls down sticking straight up, assuming its open without one of those stoppers that can be lifted and dropped with the handle behind the faucet...what the hell am I going on about

TrollDragon

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 3, 2014
NS, Canada
Well if you build it, it will vape! O-Rings! I guess there are o-rings in this thing, I haven't seen so many o-rings.

I built a 27g, 9 wrap on 2.4mm for 1.4Ω. Rayon wick and trimmed so it would just sit on the screw heads with a little down on the deck. Not knowing how close the coil would be to the air screw I put the coil on the opposite side.

Made two 1.2mm hole 8x35 mesh feeder wicks and carefully pushed then down onto the Rayon till I saw little indents.
Filled it with DR. Fog Milk and Honey (Max VG) and tried it out. So far so good!
rPoRWZj.jpg

How far do you fill these right up to the o-ring on the chimney?
I'll report back later on how well it vapes!

Thanks All for the recommendation's and help with this fine device!
The DT that came with it had a serious speed wobble, so I am using a Stingray Style one from FT.
:toast:

jaxgator

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 24, 2014
Jacksonville, FL
I don't bother getting o rings back, but I wanted that drip tip :).

O-ring? You ain't getting no o-ring back if you drop it down the sink with the watter running. Something metal that will stay down in the bottom of the goose neck yeah, but o-ring? Ain't gonna happen. Can't tell you how many o-rings from the Erl went down my drain.

How far do you fill these right up to the o-ring on the chimney?

I fill just to the bottom of the chimney and it leaves just enough of a bubble.

flashefill.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread