Not open for further replies.

mommabird62

squonkhead
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2014
NC
Oh, man, I want that mini Haze. Looks like a Derringer that won't leak as bad. My concern is that because it has two airflow options (one for both slits open on both sides and one for only the bottom slits open on both sides) it won't be able to close down enough for a tight-ish draw- kinda like the FSM. I really enjoy reduced chamber 22mm attys, but only if I can MTL them. I guess my airflow preference would be adjustable between 1/10 to 4/10. If it only had two openings on opposite sides of the AFC, it would be perfect (for me). Anyone already have one of these that can confirm/deny?

Looks to me like you can close it down right much and be able to MTL. I like a medium draw. Not too airy and not too tight. This atty looks about right to me and has a nice build deck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk with my paws :)

Mommabird62

Reactions: Nautilusfan

M4rtin

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2014
New Jersey, USA
Personally I wouldn't suggest either of them but if you had to pic maybe the Hellboy. The upcoming manta2 will be more your speed. For the condensation issue: let off the power button a second before you stop drawing air through it. The issue is leftover steam/vape and the fact that the stainless cools rapidly. I had the same issue with my Kayfuns badly. Large bore drip tips help also.

Many thanks for the suggestions!!! Could you please add me to the Manta 2 list. I will start to use the wider bore tip that I have from loki and use that last pull without the button.

Train2

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2013
CA, USA
I'm also allergic to F-Book, and would vote for a website.

Also, they know the inbox is broken, but I don't know if there will be a fix for what you need, I think it's mostly the "I can't delete stuff" issue...

Tom

Like most folks I am not happy with the new software upgrade, so I don't spend much time on ECF anymore. Since I refuse to do Facebook or any of the others, if we loose you here I'll just have to rely on email. You really need a web site.

BTW, thanks again for the offer to send the Veritas back to you for rework. Sorry I haven't sent it yet, but I've all but decided not to build the 4 Peko's, so it hasn't been a priority.

SeanMoore

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 11, 2013
United States
I see a lot of the people here don't want to facebook (I'm one of them) but I'm not of the opinion that Tom needs a full-on website. I think a blog and email list would work fine. I know it's gotta be a nightmare with the PMs here... I wouldn't want to deal with it. Old-school email list works great, web 2.0 just kinda pushed those to the side. Lets face it, no one needs real-time announcements of new atomizers, once a day is adequate. The advantages for the owner of the email list are innumerable, top of the list would have to be ultimate filtering capability. I use gmail but I think hotmail does great filtering now too.

Lemme know man, I'll see what's out there fo'free. I'm pretty sure that wordpress TOS would fit with your business model just fine and if you wanted to take it up a notch later and host it yourself so you could leave ads and restrictions behind it's easy to install on your own hosted account.

Tbev

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Oct 22, 2013
SoCal-Vegas
instagram.com
I do about 15% of my business thru pm's, it's horsesiht. . I just about had a fit when you said search and pm's in one sentence, something I've never been able to do. I've never used fb really prior to building mods but I've gotten WAY more business from it, it's stupid easy to organize and there's nobody sending you crappy messages for saying!#%÷! or cross marketing. Oh yeah and it DOESN'T COST ANYTHING!

SeanMoore

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 11, 2013
United States
Oh yeah and it DOESN'T COST ANYTHING!

Well, it does cost your privacy. That's the whole reason I don't fbook. I won't even search on facebook with google unless I'm incognito. They fingerprint your devices and collect data like no one else.

This is coming from a HUGE google fanboy who is actually OK with what google collects about me but TheZuckerberg? Nope: not signing on to that train.

Train2

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2013
CA, USA
LOL, I don't trust Google or Apple either...
Far as I'm concerned, those 3 companies are the evil big-data triumvirate.

I use Google, I just don't sign in.
And I like Apple hardware, but their attempts to make things "user friendly" by not letting you control file names and locations, pushing stuff onto their servers, and tracking everything you do has me using PCs and an android.

Well, it does cost your privacy. That's the whole reason I don't fbook. I won't even search on facebook with google unless I'm incognito. They fingerprint your devices and collect data like no one else.

This is coming from a HUGE google fanboy who is actually OK with what google collects about me but TheZuckerberg? Nope: not signing on to that train.

Chowderhead1972

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 19, 2013
Clarksburg, Maryland, United States
I see a lot of the people here don't want to facebook (I'm one of them) but I'm not of the opinion that Tom needs a full-on website. I think a blog and email list would work fine. I know it's gotta be a nightmare with the PMs here... I wouldn't want to deal with it. Old-school email list works great, web 2.0 just kinda pushed those to the side. Lets face it, no one needs real-time announcements of new atomizers, once a day is adequate. The advantages for the owner of the email list are innumerable, top of the list would have to be ultimate filtering capability. I use gmail but I think hotmail does great filtering now too.

Lemme know man, I'll see what's out there fo'free. I'm pretty sure that wordpress TOS would fit with your business model just fine and if you wanted to take it up a notch later and host it yourself so you could leave ads and restrictions behind it's easy to install on your own hosted account.

I'm all ears but you are already several feet over my head. I might just join forces with SuperX and let him handle advertizing. I will need a tight draw guy or girl for that side of the reviews. Any volunteers?

Reactions: kkay59

SeanMoore

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 11, 2013
United States
I'm all ears but you are already several feet over my head. I might just join forces with SuperX and let him handle advertizing. I will need a tight draw guy or girl for that side of the reviews. Any volunteers?

Well, careful with anyone who is making money with an online presence. I don't know the guy but I do know he's making $$ with his videos... He's going to look out for himself first and foremost but he might be a good ally for ya, I dunno.

I don't think it'd be much $$ to set up a wordpress blog on your own hosting. It might cost a couple bucks a year to run a real email list that won't steal your subscribers' addresses but the cost would be minimal... I haven't run one since I had root on the servers but the software is pretty damn simple. Do you want a domain? Go register catfishattymods right now, it's open. If you're on the fence maybe I could just register it for you for a year and then just give it over to you at the end of the year... $12 ain't nothin', ya know?

I'm not a fan of godaddy, I use namecheap.com

edit: oh, but yeah, I've got some spare time: I'll help ya out to get a blog going. It shouldn't be all that much trouble. Don't draw me tight though plz.

Last edited:

Kentastic

Not Batman
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 30, 2013
Central Californication
Wow, allegations flying all over the place. What is it about the Catfish Atty Mods thread that attracts all the extremers. CH started this business on ECF and I'm sure has some loyalty to his customers here, but I also know that he makes a hell of a lot more $$$ with a lot less drama on Facebook and if this new forum software makes it incredibly difficult to do his business, then he'd be stupid not to concentrate on the part of his business that actually works well. At this point I don't think he needs much more than what he's already got working, but opinions are like azzoles, everbody's got one and most of them stink.

SeanMoore

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 11, 2013
United States
Wow, allegations flying all over the place. What is it about the Catfish Atty Mods thread that attracts all the extremers. CH started this business on ECF and I'm sure has some loyalty to his customers here, but I also know that he makes a hell of a lot more $$$ with a lot less drama on Facebook and if this new forum software makes it incredibly difficult to do his business, then he'd be stupid not to concentrate on the part of his business that actually works well. At this point I don't think he needs much more than what he's already got working, but opinions are like azzoles, everbody's got one and most of them stink.

Extremers? lulz. Facebook sucks, that's a fact. Thanks for the injection of drama though, that's always fun. Of course he's welcome to go where the money is, many people do.

If I'm an "azzhole" then I don't want to be different.

edit: but yeah man, everything here could go to facebook and some people would be fine but me? No, I'd never get another atomizer from Tom.

This is the problem. Some people think that being on facebook is fine, it's normal. Some people don't. I'm willing to do some work to make sure that catfish atty mods never gets put behind the facebook wall. F facebook.

Last edited:
Reactions: MFToms59

Kentastic

Not Batman
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 30, 2013
Central Californication
Extremers? lulz. Facebook sucks, that's a fact. Thanks for the injection of drama though, that's always fun. Of course he's welcome to go where the money is, many people do.

If I'm an "azzhole" then I don't want to be different.

And I should have realized you'd instantly take that as me calling you a name. Well you go ahead and spout off all your "facts", because of course you don't have opinions, just the absolute truth that everybody knows. (no, that's not an opinionated extremist type of statement at all) and yes CH probably will follow the money because everyone is a jaded, money hungry azzhole without their own ideas, just sheep right?... never mind don't answer, it was pretty much a rhetorical question. I'll just wait and not check this thread for a week and I probably will not be able to find this post anyways. This thread has a tendency to move fast and stupid junk gets left behind unless a bunch of people end up arguing "facts" back and forth, trying to convince each other that the other person doesn't know what they are talking about.

It's freakin' internet forums and message boards 101. LOL

Reactions: Izan

Stacy1

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 6, 2014
Brunswick,GA,USA
Haven't been on this thread in a while, and since the upgrade, I'm damn lucky to have found it now. I heard there were some Hellboys for sale. Any left? If so, what's the price and color options. I don't know anything about them, but I think it would look good on one of my reos. Square atty sitting on square catch cup sounds nice. Would love to hear from someone who has one and how they like or dislike it

Tbev

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Oct 22, 2013
SoCal-Vegas
instagram.com
It's not about following the money it's about paying for crap preformance, getting hastled for stupid rules violations and that paying for services that are actually limitations. We can't even post in the rebuildable atty thread, for example, not to mention 90% of the rest of them, as vendors your pretty much limited to your thread and banned from everything else. Yet another example of how far off the policy people are here... there's simply no reason to not go to facebook, every aspect is better. I'm not a Facebook guy, it could be called donkey show for all I care it just works better.

Reactions: rudedog

Chowderhead1972

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 19, 2013
Clarksburg, Maryland, United States
Relax Sean and Ken... Fighting of the benefit or Detriment of FaceBook is lame. We all have our opinions. Up until a few months ago I was nearly in lock step with Sean on the loathing of FaceBook. I'm not going to argue either point as I hav learned what works for me may or may not work for others. I can say this however I find for my purposes Facebook is a nice tool much like ecf as of last week. If I could just have the old pm/inbox/sent items set up back I would be happy here. I have learned to adapt, and honestly the moderators don't really bother me. They each have their own agendas and thoughts how the Machine should run, I get that. I have established a great fan base here and I enjoy the fact that I don't have to explain every nuance of ordering 25 times a day here. Typing out my available and coming list 25+ times a day sucks. I have the chops to handle both while they are very different from one another. On ECF clones are king, on faceBook clones are still king but you don't talk about them publicly. It shocks me the number of anti clone types that reach strait for the clones when bottom feeders are the topic. I have yet to hear any criticism in regards to clones directed at me. Point being I actually prefer to pedal my wares here, you guys know me well enough that if there is an issue with one of my attys I will try to fix it and if I get multiple complaints that atty will be discontinued.

The argument shouldn't be which medium is better... A more accurate measurement would be which one sucks less.. I hate both of them but I love doing this for you guys so it's the pill I must swallow. It's just very frustrating when you can't figure out who sent you money or for what.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread