Status
Not open for further replies.

Janet H

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 3, 2011
PA
I take a beta blocker everyday as part of my BP regime. I have PVCs (Premature Ventricular Contractions) on a regular basis. Can really feel em when they happen. Doc says as long as I don't get more than one at a time I'm OK. Anyhow the beta blocker really regulates my heart rate. Took a stress test a while back and they forgot to tell me not to take it and we thought I would never get my heart rate up to the desired rate. Had a nurse behind me holding me up to keep me from falling backward with exhaustion. It was really funny in hindsight, not so much at the time. Hopefully the beta blocker will solve the problem for you and work as well as it has for me. Keep you in my prayers as extra insurance.

Yep. the beta blocker is doing wonders. I like it! They also want me to take Xaralto for a month. So I went to get the Rx filled and it was $400!! My part would be $300 because it includes my deductible! Holy crap! No thank you, just give me enough for 1 week because I'm seeing my doc soon, Yep, saw him, didn't have samples of that, but he gave me 3 weeks of Equius! Free is good! I'll see the cardiologist Wed and find out if I really have to take it for more than this little episode. Don't like this, but am NOT complaining. I am so happy this is all I have to worry about!

OK. you guys like family stories... A long time ago (this past weekend), a family friend was having a 50th wedding anniversary. My dad was the best man at his wedding, but it's hard to visit because my dad has twice a week dialysis.
My dad went through his regular clinic to get an appointment Saturday morning at a clinic nearby, and they drove up starting Wed., so they could be there for the party Saturday night.
Mom tells me that when their friend opened the door Friday, he turned around and walked right back inside. His wife came to the door and could not stop crying. Turns out HE was crying too. They asked about a dozen times how Dad could make it when he had dialysis the next day. Since our friend did not die of a heart attack, I think that his life was extended at least an extra two years from all the positive energy!

Awww, what a sweet story! That's wonderful they were able to spend the wedding together.

Some days back, Pre-Threadageddon, I mentioned I would tell about the changes I've been going thru over the last few months .. I don't know if anyone is really interested, but I'll start writing a bit since I have a little time .. My sincere apology for not keeping up with things here, which, lately, has caused me to simply jump in .. I feel a little rude doing so, but the Thread moves at a fairly quick clip at times ..

We've come to know each other, at least those that have been hanging around for a while now .. I really don't know how much "history" each of us retains from long past posts / stories .. I am cursed with an exceptionally good memory (at least for now) .. so I do tend to remember many of the stories, histories, etc that have been presented since we began this Journey .. and I generally choose to remember, if I can, since, as I've said in the past, I don't have a lot of Family left and I suppose I may be doing a degree of living vicarously thru thread posts, as sad as that may sound .. it's really not sad at all ..

At any rate, over 10 years ago, my Doctor advised me to quit the Sound Business .. this was soon after the first heart attack, and his logic was very good .. the stress created by doing this kind of work is pretty high .. you worry about equipment failure during a show, you have to deal with quite a few obnoxious folks, you're always on a time schedule that must be kept .. it's a long list .. I still had a couple of side businesses that I could devote more time to .. I have never thought of retirement, since what I do allows you to work as long as you can / want to ..

I'm probably at the point where boredom is setting in and I'm putting people to sleep .. but, there is more story, if anyone wants to read it ..

What??? And??? This is why I don't watch serial shows on TV. Cliffhangers drive me crazy. Willie, get back here and get on with the story! I'll even bring you a beer and V8!!

haveblue

ECF Veteran
Dec 9, 2014
Kansas
My personal "back porch" experience written as a true story
I hadn't spoken to my parents for nearly 20 years because of our differences.
The full moon bathed the porch in pale moonlight, I noticed, as I walked from the dining room to the rear porch for a nice vape.
My parents had gone to bed early after Thanksgiving supper, so I had some time to reflect.
A small lamp with a red lampshade glowed comfortably just inside the glass door.
As I vaped, I felt a sense of comfort, and relaxation like never before..we had reconnected.

clnire

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 15, 2013
Florida
The full moon bathed the porch in pale moonlight, I noticed, as I walked from the dining room to the rear porch for a nice vape.
My parents had gone to bed early after Thanksgiving supper, so I had some time to reflect.
A small lamp with a red lampshade glowed comfortably just inside the glass door.
As I vaped, I felt a sense of comfort, and relaxation like never before..we had reconnected.

Beautiful. Parents are special. Sometimes you don't appreciate them til it's too late. Glad you found peace.

bigbells

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Mar 3, 2013
60 mi east of Raleigh NC
soledoubtshow.com
Very nicely poetic and righteous, haveblue.

Iffy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 3, 2011
Florida Suncoast
I felt a sense of comfort, and relaxation like never before..we had reconnected.

Well said! Hopefully you'll find the same here on our porch. Welcome...
thumbsup.gif

MattB101

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 9, 2012
Deerfield Beach, FL
Tonight it's Doree's turn to have sleep trouble which in turn keeps me awake. While I'm checking in I thought I would take the opportunity to welcome all the new folks and those returning folk as well. To the new folks, you won't find a more comfortable place nor nicer people anywhere on the Web or in real life. Pull up a rocker and make yourself comfortable. Join in the conversation and feel at home. For the returnees just one question... What the heck kept you so long?!? Welcome home! :toast:

Rickajho

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 23, 2011
Boston MA
Unread Watched Threads
This is a list of the 20 most recently updated threads with unread replies that you are watching. There may be more to view.

Instead of scrolling every time - you can click on the words - 'There may be more to view'. It is an active link to all watched / subscribed threads.

A special note from the Captain Obvious Development Team:

090914_Signals_promo.png

Replace There may be more to view with two simple words: View All if you expect someone to locate a hover over URL that does something... obvious on a page.

Last edited:

lilac7779

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 28, 2011
East Tennessee
Iffy, my Dad was a sailor in WWII and his younger brother was in the Army. My Dad passed in "87, but his brother lived to be 94. I found out at his funeral that his daughter flew with him to DC and he got to visit the War Memorial. I like to think that he was representing my Dad as well as himself on that trip.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread