cthulhu-RTA-1.jpg

with top filling

Last edited:

Portertown

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 20, 2013
Greenville, NC, USA
I received my Cthulhu last Friday and have been using it continuously since then. I have really enjoyed how it performs and have to say it is the best rebuildable tank I have used. Vaping with it is very close to using a dripper, large airflow, good flavor, etc. I have it built with 2.5mm id coils at .26 ohms and I am using it on my SXmini S-class at 34 watts.
I find it is a good substitute for my drippers while driving and a whole lot safer to use.
The only fault I can find with it is the airflow adjustment ring is very hard to turn, however I understand the manufacturer is changing the oring size on the second batch they are producing to correct this issue.
I am building a dual battery mod with the SXmini J chip/board with temp control and I am looking forward to using the Cthulhu on it to see how it does with temp control.

Todai

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 1, 2014
Try lubing the o ring under the afc ring. I don't have one, but that's helped me on other attys.

This. Mine wasn't too bad, but giving the AFC oring a little lube is solid advice. I've top filled this thing 8 or 9' times now, not a single gurgle or drop of leakage.

Supposedly, the second batch has 'better' machining (although I have no complaints with mine), and they will be ultrasonic cleaning them before sending them out. I'd still clean it after getting it though.

Reactions: jhhollier

TheotherSteveS

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2015
Birmingham, England
I received my Cthulhu last Friday and have been using it continuously since then. I have really enjoyed how it performs and have to say it is the best rebuildable tank I have used. Vaping with it is very close to using a dripper, large airflow, good flavor, etc. I have it built with 2.5mm id coils at .26 ohms and I am using it on my SXmini S-class at 34 watts.
I find it is a good substitute for my drippers while driving and a whole lot safer to use.
The only fault I can find with it is the airflow adjustment ring is very hard to turn, however I understand the manufacturer is changing the oring size on the second batch they are producing to correct this issue.
I am building a dual battery mod with the SXmini J chip/board with temp control and I am looking forward to using the Cthulhu on it to see how it does with temp control.
Good luck with dual coils and TC!

roxynoodle

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 19, 2014
Ohio
Anyone happen to know if there will be spare glass tanks available? Have one on the way, and it would be nice to be prepared for the inevitable as I'm not the type to buy multiples of the same piece of hardware even if I love it.

Give it some time, and they will probably offer them.

jhhollier

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 3, 2014
I think I'll get one, seems like everybody satisfied with the way it performs

any connection issues like ohm dancing etc. on kanthal ?

not a good idea but I'd like to hear about nickel build experiences if anyone tried out

Other than the airflow adjustment being hard to turn (and it seems like it's easing up now), I've had no issues with the Cthulhu. It's the only RTA I've been using since I got it in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread