Status
Not open for further replies.

Rixsta

The Millionaire Vapor' The Enabler
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 8, 2015
Somerset, UK
Ok so I have read everything i can, tried everything but it keeps happening and im at a complete loss..

I use the 0.5ohm coil in my subtank mini, always prime the coil ect, doing everything right, get great flavour and vapour, then all of a sudden the reading on my istick 30w goes from 0.5ohm to 0.7ohm, usually after about 20 to 30 pulls, not chain vaping, just general use, as soon as the coil reads 0.7ohm, I get dry hits, turning the wattage down doesn't help, this happens on every occ I use, same pattern every time, what am I doing wrong? I did use the rba, using the shorter cotton wicking method but it only lasts a couple of hours and that goes the same way. Im using 70vg 30pg juice, it's getting so bad I think im in danger of smoking again which is the last thing i want to do. Please can anyone help?

Last edited:

m00shie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 4, 2015
Malaysia
Hiya! I have not come across such issue with my STM. However, just to check:

1) Have you tried checking to see if there's any leak or condensation inside the base where the air-flow is? Also ensure the connector pin is firmed and dry.

2) Have you tested your tank on a different mod? As you are facing the same issue on the same tank (OCC & RBA), could it be your iStick that's causing the issue?

Rixsta

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 8, 2015
Somerset, UK
Hiya! I have not come across such issue with my STM. However, just to check:

1) Have you tried checking to see if there's any leak or condensation inside the base where the air-flow is? Also ensure the connector pin is firmed and dry.

2) Have you tested your tank on a different mod? As you are facing the same issue on the same tank (OCC & RBA), could it be your iStick that's causing the issue?

Yes I have 3 istick 30w, all act the same way, I've not had any leaks and I make should I don't screw the coil down too tight, I just have no idea what's going on, everything seems ok, can I ask what wattage you run yours at, I have mine on 27w and im wondering if that's too high, I also notice a slight drop off in vapour production too compared to my nano, which i have never had a problem with, its a strange one for sure..

Rixsta

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 8, 2015
Somerset, UK
I picked up two new minis which have the upgraded dual airflow, must of had a bad pack of coils as I've vaped these at 25w all night (I work shifts) and not a single dry hit. The increased airflow made me lower the wattage, a much better tank, just such nicer to lung hit, I'm happy again. Thank you to all that responded, well done Kanger, they bought out the subtank plus, saw how well it worked so they upgraded the mini too. Excellent !

Reactions: erikbal
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread