Status
Not open for further replies.

Uncle

Resting In Peace
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 15, 2011
thanks, uncle! i didn't know i could use a color name since i always ended up with a number on vb :facepalm:

one thing for sure though - if ecf had started out on xenforo i would never have learned the bit of code i know now :D

:blush: It was "My Absolute Pleasure . . . :wub:

BTW: Since I was having so many problems posting on the old interface trying to get the Editor to let "Me" add "Stuff" to post/messages . . . I had not other choice, but to go back to using BB Code and learning even more . . .YES - I Still Use MS IE & WIndows XP Pro . . . :facepalm:

Train2

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2013
CA, USA
Anyone else experienced this?
Blank buttons, so I have to guess what to click!?!
I would clear my cache, but worry I'll lost stuff before I know how to find it again...

balnkbutton.JPG

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
I would clear my cache, but worry I'll lost stuff before I know how to find it again...

View attachment 453725

Eww.... No.... Sorry, Train.

Well, the leftmost button is the reply button. :facepalm:

Reactions: Train2

retired1

Administrator
Admin
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 5, 2013
Texas

View attachment 453725

That's generally a browser issue. Clear your cache.

Bamrz

Z.A.P.T. Member*
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 8, 2010
PA, near Philly
OK, I don't remember seeing this yet, so just let me know if it's already been stated.

Deleting old PM's: I found out which ones will delete (even in bulk) with absolutely no problems! While you're looking at your inbox, any messages with a participant listed directly under the subject will delete easy peezy! :) It's the ones without a participant under the subject that WILL NOT delete, and end up with the white screen of frustration. :sneaky:

Hopefully this might help in getting the deletion stuff figured out.:thumb:

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
angryvaper.crypticsites.com
That's why I always wished I had learned DOS at some point.
:laugh:

I actually did, back in 1989, and I made myself learn hexadecimal, which is the format of HTML colors -- so when I started doing HTML in 1999, I found the hex colors a piece of cake! :thumb: Now it's the only way I know how to do colors at all. :D

Andria

Reactions: Izan

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
OK, I don't remember seeing this yet, so just let me know if it's already been stated.

Deleting old PM's: I found out which ones will delete (even in bulk) with absolutely no problems! While you're looking at your inbox, any messages with a participant listed directly under the subject will delete easy peezy! :) It's the ones without a participant under the subject that WILL NOT delete, and end up with the white screen of frustration. :sneaky:

Hopefully this might help in getting the deletion stuff figured out.:thumb:

Really? I managed to delete all conversations initiated by somebody else--all the "from" PMs are now gone from my Inbox. However, there's no way to delete the PMs I sent to other people--those that show my avatar, in other words.

However, I can't delete my new PMs, those received after the changeover, even though they are from other people.

Go figure...

ETA: I tried to delete my PMs with a 'participant'--It works!

Thanks for the tip! :)

Semiretired

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 24, 2011
Middle Georgia
There is something going on with Likes - they are not taking - clicked on it - got the little icon showing function in the upper right hand corner, but then no Like showed up. In one case I had to click three times to get it to take. Do not know if this is forum wide - this occurred in one of the larger threads with a lot of likes in it...

Now, they are working normal again - must of been some under the hood adjustments going on when I noticed it...

Last edited:

amoret

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 2, 2013
Sharon, ND, USA
Redirects are still being worked on. :)

Thanks - as long as it isn't a personal problem I think I can manage one extra click for a while.:rolleyes:

That's why I always wished I had learned DOS at some point.
:laugh:

You haven't lived until you've used EDLIN - the worlds dumbest command editor - on a regular basis. :eek:

DancingHeretik

Dancing in the Chaos
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2011
San Antonio, TX
  • Deleted by Judge Dredd
  • Reason: Chit chat prohibited in this thread

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
angryvaper.crypticsites.com
  • Deleted by Judge Dredd
  • Reason: Chit chat prohibited in this thread

DancingHeretik

Dancing in the Chaos
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2011
San Antonio, TX
I haven't seen this addressed yet. Although all my Social Forums are listed, there are no posts in them. Are they going to come back in time?

ETA: Nevermind, I found the answer. I don't like it. But, I'll just have to find an alternative. No biggie.

Last edited:

Katdarling

I'm still here on ECF... sort of. ;)
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2011
Utopia
2. Can't disable Who's Online box no matter what I do--the box stays on my screen.

Katyaya, where is this undisableable Who's Online box?

How are the nuts and bolts sorting procedures going in terms of exporting conversations, retired1?

Reactions: Katya

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
atyaya, where is this undisableable Who's Online box?

Well, I'll be... It's gone? Hang on, dear....

OK, it's still on the home page--where all the forums are listed--to the right of the page, under my User stats and Forum stats. But it used to be on every page, so it's a major improvement!

Woot!

retired1

Administrator
Admin
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 5, 2013
Texas
We're still making tweaks to redirects. It's a maddening area as there are usually 3 or 4 ways of doing the exact same thing, yet only one will work the way you want it to. And when you get that little bit fixed, you find it affects something else and you're back to square one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread