GP Series by VapourArt - Official Thread for GP Spheroid, GP PAPS, X, GP Piccolo, GP SnP and more - Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cucco

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Apr 9, 2013
Bonita Springs, Florida, USA
'Howdy' to my GP Family!

One of my cats, killed another ohm meter. They seem to like killing ohm meters. Mommy needs to be a bit more careful about leaving them on the counter. :)

The last time I bought ohm meters, I bought from USA Ohm Meters. I liked them! I just looked on their site. They have some new models, including some 3D printed ones. Hmm.. :)

Jerry J

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 6, 2013
Portland, OR
So, anyone just see that amazing video in the GP notifications thread that Perseas just put up?

Scrolling through the names of their products, I saw GP Heron V2 fly by right in the middle of the screen.

Perseas, would you like to comment on this? :)

BTW P, what a video that was, just great to get a behind the scenes look at how some of my favorite vape gear is made!!!

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

I work on a 6 axis robot for a living and I love and appreciate the passion for precision that is such big part of GP. I am always stunned at how fine and intricate each of my GP pieces are built.

Perseas, thank you so very much for sharing that video. It made me very proud to be an end user (end enjoyer?)

dems86

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 3, 2014
Sacramento, CA, US
I prefer the Spheroid v3 base to the v2.x because it hides the base cap. I also prefer the Phillips screws to the thumb nuts. However, I find it much easier to screw the bell onto and off of the tube on the v2.x, particularly with the assistance of an Allen key, as opposed to press fitting the v3 bell on the tube or trying to forcibly push it off of it. I really struggle trying to put together and take apart the Spheroid v3 bell and tube. I'm sure that it's only a matter of time before I (badly) hurt myself or damage the o-ring. One of my Spheroids has a v3 base and a v2.x bell and tube and it's the best of both worlds for me. Aside from that, the Spheroid really has become my favorite atomizer. It's ironic that I avoided getting one for so long now that I love them so much.
Same here, I avoided filler attys for so long thinking they would be a pain or difficult, come to find out my Heron, Prometey, and Spheroid are the easiest attys to build and keep up, lol

The Spheroid in the form of a Piccoloid goes with me EVERYWHERE, literally. I don't leave the house without it on me. The best flavor, perfect size and convenience, and damn if it isn't one of the sexiest most well crafted setups you can buy PERIOD.

LOVE LOVE LOVE my Spheroid, hehe

perseas

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Dec 11, 2011
Athens, Hellas
www.vapourart.com
I prefer the Spheroid v3 base to the v2.x because it hides the base cap. I also prefer the Phillips screws to the thumb nuts. However, I find it much easier to screw the bell onto and off of the tube on the v2.x, particularly with the assistance of an Allen key, as opposed to press fitting the v3 bell on the tube or trying to forcibly push it off of it. I really struggle trying to put together and take apart the Spheroid v3 bell and tube. I'm sure that it's only a matter of time before I (badly) hurt myself or damage the o-ring. One of my Spheroids has a v3 base and a v2.x bell and tube and it's the best of both worlds for me. Aside from that, the Spheroid really has become my favourite atomizer. It's ironic that I avoided getting one for so long now that I love them so much.

It's noted, thank you :)

perseas

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Dec 11, 2011
Athens, Hellas
www.vapourart.com
Same here, I avoided filler attys for so long thinking they would be a pain or difficult, come to find out my Heron, Prometey, and Spheroid are the easiest attys to build and keep up, lol

The Spheroid in the form of a Piccoloid goes with me EVERYWHERE, literally. I don't leave the house without it on me. The best flavor, perfect size and convenience, and damn if it isn't one of the sexiest most well crafted setups you can buy PERIOD.

LOVE LOVE LOVE my Spheroid, hehe

Thank you very much! I don't go out without my Piccoloid too :)

anavidfan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 14, 2012
U.S.
'Howdy' to my GP Family!

One of my cats, killed another ohm meter. They seem to like killing ohm meters. Mommy needs to be a bit more careful about leaving them on the counter. :)

The last time I bought ohm meters, I bought from USA Ohm Meters. I liked them! I just looked on their site. They have some new models, including some 3D printed ones. Hmm.. :)

I saw those too. My Ohm meter is fritzing out again. Getting odd readings. Plus sometimes the 510 connector comes off. I just ordered one of the USA ones, I was conflicted between the mid priced one and that cool 3D printed one...

dems86

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 3, 2014
Sacramento, CA, US
I saw those too. My Ohm meter is fritzing out again. Getting odd readings. Plus sometimes the 510 connector comes off. I just ordered one of the USA ones, I was conflicted between the mid priced one and that cool 3D printed one...
Haha, those 3D printed ones tempted me too

Highwayman1224

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2012
Goodyear, AZ
I prefer the Spheroid v3 base to the v2.x because it hides the base cap. I also prefer the Phillips screws to the thumb nuts. However, I find it much easier to screw the bell onto and off of the tube on the v2.x, particularly with the assistance of an Allen key, as opposed to press fitting the v3 bell on the tube or trying to forcibly push it off of it. I really struggle trying to put together and take apart the Spheroid v3 bell and tube. I'm sure that it's only a matter of time before I (badly) hurt myself or damage the o-ring. One of my Spheroids has a v3 base and a v2.x bell and tube and it's the best of both worlds for me. Aside from that, the Spheroid really has become my favorite atomizer. It's ironic that I avoided getting one for so long now that I love them so much.
I found an easy way to get the bell out of my v3. I take an old 14500 battery, stand it up straight & set the base of the bell on top of it and push down on it. The bell should come out fairly easy

Firestorm

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 25, 2012
Chicagoland
I found an easy way to get the bell out of my v3. I take an old 14500 battery, stand it up straight & set the base of the bell on top of it and push down on it. The bell should come out fairly easy

I've been using a Delrin drip tip, but it's not wide enough and it wobbles. I've been thinking about using something with a wider diameter, but I don't feel comfortable using a battery. Thanks for the tip though!

qorax

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 6, 2013
Brampton, Canada
www.facebook.com
Nice tip, thank you

btobw

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 7, 2013
Sydney, Australia
I may have mentioned once or twice already that I love my SS GP Paps-X. I also have a lux X, a Paps 2.5 Lux, and a Piccoloid, all of which are absolutely gorgeous. But the SS X was the first and is the one if I could only have one.

Anyway, I was away for a few days and in unfamiliar surroundings. At one stage I thought I had lost my SS X. After the initial, slightly hysterical, panic, I thought, "I'm glad it's the X I lost!" Why? Because I already have far more mods than I need, but the X is the one mod I would replace in the blink of an eye without any feelings of guilt :)

I did find it a few minutes later, of course.

anavidfan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 14, 2012
U.S.
I may have mentioned once or twice already that I love my SS GP Paps-X. I also have a lux X, a Paps 2.5 Lux, and a Piccoloid, all of which are absolutely gorgeous. But the SS X was the first and is the one if I could only have one.

Anyway, I was away for a few days and in unfamiliar surroundings. At one stage I thought I had lost my SS X. After the initial, slightly hysterical, panic, I thought, "I'm glad it's the X I lost!" Why? Because I already have far more mods than I need, but the X is the one mod I would replace in the blink of an eye without any feelings of guilt :)

I did find it a few minutes later, of course.

Thats great. Thanks for putting a smile on face.

Im glad you found it.

Jerry J

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 6, 2013
Portland, OR
Perseas, thank you for posting the video of the operation in Sofia. The pride of craftsmanship is very evident in that video and the final product of their labors when it is in my hand.

I am VERY proud of my GP gear and cherish it everyday and am so happy to have it in my life. Of course, as you know it all is a very big part of my life.

NOTE: this was a double post as for some reason an earlier post I made regarding the video didn't show up on my system. I've been finding some issues with the renewed ECF.

Last edited:

Cucco

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Apr 9, 2013
I just ordered one of the 3D printed meters from USA Ohm Meters! :)

Perseas: Great vid! Thanks! I forwarded the link, to my machinist friends. What fun! :)

I hope everyone is having a great week! Hugs and smiles to all! :)

What are the thoughts on this new software? Some ways, I like it. Some ways, I do not. The Conversations(PMs) rots.

BTW: Have I mentioned lately, how much I love my GP Family and my X? :)

dems86

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 3, 2014
Sacramento, CA, US
I just ordered one of the 3D printed meters from USA Ohm Meters! :)

Perseas: Great vid! Thanks! I forwarded the link, to my machinist friends. What fun! :)

I hope everyone is having a great week! Hugs and smiles to all! :)

What are the thoughts on this new software? Some ways, I like it. Some ways, I do not. The Conversations(PMs) rots.

BTW: Have I mentioned lately, how much I love my GP Family and my X? :)

I'm looking forward for your impressions of the 3D printed ohm meter, those look pretty damn sweet...you know, for ohm meters ;)

Cucco

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Apr 9, 2013
I'm looking forward for your impressions of the 3D printed ohm meter, those look pretty damn sweet...you know, for ohm meters ;)

Yea, I can't believe I just spent that much money on an ohm meter. Not like, the guts are any different. But, I have never even seen a 3D printed item. At least, not that I know of. :)

Cucco

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Apr 9, 2013
I just posted my 'Vaping Update' on my Facebook page. I will post it here, as well. Just cause.. Sorry.. :)

I post this with the hope, a smoker may benefit from my story...

I was a four pack a day, forty-two year, Marlboro Red smoker. As a smoking alternative, I have been vaping. I am still addicted to nicotine. However, I have been slowly lowering the milligrams of nicotine along the way. I started with a 36mg nicotine e-liquid, and am now vaping a 6mg nicotine e-liquid. In a perfect world, I would have just quit. But, that did not happen in 42 years! I tried all of the available smoking cessation products on the market. None of them worked for me. I did not quit, when I was diagnosed with COPD and emphysema. I did not quit, when they identified and continued to monitor more 'nodules' in my lungs than I can count. I did not quit, when I was no longer able to sleep laying down. I did not quit, when I was told I would to be on oxygen within a year. I did not quit, when I witnessed many family members and friends, die from lung cancer and other smoking related diseases. I quit, when I found vaping. The difference in my lungs is incredible! I can sleep laying down. I no longer have to avoid laughter. The improvement in my quality of life is huge. My lung improvements, have been proven by my current lung CT Scans!

Do I think this industry needs some guidelines, and regulations? Yes. But, it needs to be done intelligently! Keep the politics, and 'big money' out of the decision making process. Do I want children to vape? No. However, we all know, there are 'those kids' who will smoke. That is just a fact. Vaping is, no doubt, a healthier alternative. Am I saying, vaping is totally safe? I am not. However, I am certain, it is safer than cigarettes.

I was able to quit smoking, because of the variety of vaping products available on the market. Vaping, like most things in life, is a journey. You try the many options available, until you find your 'happy place'. I have found my 'happy place'. If I had not had these many options (mods, atomizers, battery sizes, wicking materials, e-liquids), there is no doubt, I would have again failed in my quest to quit smoking. And, no doubt, if they take away my 'happy place', I will return to smoking. We can't allow them to do that to me, and the many others who have found this incredible smoking alternative. Our lives, and our quality of life, depend on it.

BTW: An e-cigarette/mod, is a device with a battery. An e-liquid, creates a vapor you inhale into your lungs. Be a smart consumer! Educate yourself, regarding the safety and limitations of your devices. Educate yourself, regarding the contents of your e-liquid, and the environment in which it is made. Be smart.. Be safe. :)

My current vaping statistics:

Smober Date: 10/2/2012
Today: 4/29/2015
Smober Time: 2 Years, 6 Months, 27 Days
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 75,120
Money Saved: $21,521.88

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread