Newish vaper, headaches & nausea

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vicky Vape

Apr 28, 2015
Hi all, my first post on here so go easy on me.
I am a newish vaper, 8 weeks now, no cigs just Ecigs.
Started with cig alike and still using, was recommended to use a shisha pen, ego T and Ce4, about a 2 weeks ago, really excited and filled with usual quality liquid and it was excellent, but, after a day or so started developing really bad headaches and nausea, I thought this can't be the shisha, everyone uses them, went back to my cig alike and the sickness stopped.
Am I doing something wrong, after using the shisha pen my cig alike is awful and I'm just not getting enough from it. I am on 18mg PG/VG mix from a reputable firm.
Please help as I don't want to resort back to fags after sticking this out.
Thanks

kaahn

ECF Veteran
Mar 26, 2015
Eastern NC
I agree with cutting back on your nicotine level. It sounds like you may be overdoing it on the nic. I know as you progress to better tanks and more advanced setups you will not need as much of a nic level. Try cutting it back to 12 mg and you should be fine. If it doesn't improve you might be having allergies to PG or you might just be experiencing some neg side affects from actually quitting cigs rather than from vaping. If it doesn't improve after all else fails I would consider consulting your physician. Sometimes after quitting cigs underlying health issues do surface. I hope this helps. Good luck!

somdcomputerguy

vaper dedicato
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
    How much did you smoke before? It's possible that you're getting too much nicotine with whatever PV you're using instead of the cigalike. PV's and APV's are better than cigalike's at delivering the nicotine that's in a juice. Try a juice with a lower nicotine level, say 12mg, or even 10. There are many good and informationable posts in the Library forum here, take a look around.

Congrats on your second of the best months of your life and welcome to the Forum!

edit: some of the posts in this thread may help - Nicotine level question | E-Cigarette Forum

Last edited:

Bradinpenn

Apr 28, 2015
    Hi all, my first post on here so go easy on me.
    I am a newish vaper, 8 weeks now, no cigs just Ecigs.
    Started with cig alike and still using, was recommended to use a shisha pen, ego T and Ce4, about a 2 weeks ago, really excited and filled with usual quality liquid and it was excellent, but, after a day or so started developing really bad headaches and nausea, I thought this can't be the shisha, everyone uses them, went back to my cig alike and the sickness stopped.
    Am I doing something wrong, after using the shisha pen my cig alike is awful and I'm just not getting enough from it. I am on 18mg PG/VG mix from a reputable firm.
    Please help as I don't want to resort back to fags after sticking this out.
    Thanks
    I took up vaping last month and had the same issue with 18 mg. I went back to the bm store and they gave me a 0 nic of the same juice to mix with the 18. Now I'm vaping happy on 6 and 12 mg with no side effects or desire for stinkies.dont stop the fight

Vicky Vape

Apr 28, 2015
    I must say, thank you all for your replies. I have read, and read, and read whatever info I can find but couldn't seem to find anything specific.
    I can drink more water, that won't be too hard, just had a big glass with 2 paracetamol.
    I don't chain Vape, I have what I call I little 'session' at various times throughout the day, when I finish everything us put back in my cupboard. If I cut down my mg any less than 18 dosnt this mean I won't get as good a throat hit? I feel like I hardly get any as it is, until I used the shisha, amazing, but then got the sickness.
    I will stick with this though, was just wondering has anyone else experienced this?

Vicky Vape

Apr 28, 2015
    Thank you Topwater Elvis.
    Just read your link, very interesting.
    Forgot to say I smoked 15 a day.
    Have just had a 'session', about half an hours worth, please bear in mind that is not continuous vaping. I top up my cig a like cartomiers, I have 4 on the go, have a few puffs on each trying to get a good hit, all rubbish, even my new one. Again, but havnt used it, this is were the shisha pen would have been great but I'm frightened of feeling sick later.

Shirtbloke

ECF Veteran
    Apr 26, 2014
    UK
    It's been reported occasionally that people have symptoms like yours from particular flavours - different flavours for different people. So maybe try a completely different flavour and see if the symptoms persist. If you're getting a bigger hit from the shisha than the cigalike you're obviously taking more in from it and so getting more of what's causing the problem.

Reactions: Vicky Vape

Completely Average

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Jan 21, 2014
    Suburbs of Dallas
    It's almost certainly the nicotine level.

18mg in a cigalike isn't giving you much nicotine. The vapor production is low and because of that the amount of nicotine you're actually getting from them is low. When you move up to your Shisha which produces a lot more vapor you're getting a lot more nicotine at the same time. It's obviously too much.

Nicotine gives a little bit of a throat hit, but not much. The PG in the juice is what really gives you the throat hit, so dropping from an 18mg to a 12mg juice that is still the same flavor and PG level really shouldn't be much of a change in regard to throat hit. If it does you can always increase the PG level slightly to compensate. I would highly recommend switching to a 12mg juice, that should cure your headache and nausea problems.

jseah

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Feb 16, 2015
    Hudson Valley, NY, USA
    Vicky, if you are fine with using 18 mg in your cig-alike, then you are definitely overdoing the nicotine in your shisha pen. The headache and nausea is classic signs of taking in too much nicotine. The headache will linger for a bit, but the nausea will pass very quickly once you stop vaping. Your shisha pen will be much more efficient at delivering nicotine to your versus a cigalike, so you will need to adjust accordingly.

Vicky Vape

Apr 28, 2015
    Thank you, really. I am now understanding this more.
    I have read about PG and VG and know that the PG gives you a throat hit, but honestly thought the nic level also had a lot to do with it, it now makes sense why some people I know who smoked 60 a day say they use 12 mg, I was thinking how can they use such a low mg when they smoked so much more than me. Obviously some people have different needs but most on average are the same.
    I must buy some lower level nic and then try my shisha pen again.
    You have all been very helpful.

Reactions: twgbonehead

Spidey2011

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Oct 19, 2014
    Baker, MT
    It's almost certainly the nicotine level.

18mg in a cigalike isn't giving you much nicotine. The vapor production is low and because of that the amount of nicotine you're actually getting from them is low. When you move up to your Shisha which produces a lot more vapor you're getting a lot more nicotine at the same time. It's obviously too much.

Nicotine gives a little bit of a throat hit, but not much. The PG in the juice is what really gives you the throat hit, so dropping from an 18mg to a 12mg juice that is still the same flavor and PG level really shouldn't be much of a change in regard to throat hit. If it does you can always increase the PG level slightly to compensate. I would highly recommend switching to a 12mg juice, that should cure your headache and nausea problems.
    I disagree with this. I've run everything from 100% pg to 100% VG and that never affected the throat hit that much. I've also run from 0 nic all the way up to 30. That makes a huge difference in the throat hit.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread