Not open for further replies.

ItTechy

Information Tragedy dOOd
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 4, 2009
The State of Confusion
Deb,

You mentioned something about Doxit or something like that, ah watcha talking about....(I just woke up)...
Pm Rob.......sorry you collapsed a spring. More deoxit?

hehehe kay....you havin a rough day hun? You quoted you and didn't say nuttin HI!!

Deb,

Deoxit is a contact cleaner right?

I'm not sure what happened but it was like I was getting poopy flavored hits, then BAM, the contact stuck, and spring collapsed and the contact melted into the bottom of the button...

I already ordered the parts, but I dunno why it happened?

I'm about to check the atty....not that I can use it (the Reo) until I get my replacement parts.

What are you using the Deoxit for?

Reactions: Mrs C

ItTechy

Information Tragedy dOOd
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 4, 2009
The State of Confusion
Check your positive contact Larry is it cracked or broke?

Deoxit cleans and protects.

Oh no, it's beyond that...can you say thermal nuclear meltdown....LOL

I ordered a new contact. button, and spring this evening....

Only thing I can figure is it was probably worn, or cracking and I vape like a fiend...finally fried!

Mrs C

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 27, 2013
Indiana
If you want to tighten up a drip tip, take the o-ring off and wrap a few rounds of dental floss in the groove then put the o-ring back on.

If it's too tight, unwrap some of the floss until you get it where you want it.

Thank you Jan! I knew there was an easy fix I just could not for the life of me remember :)

Rat2chat2

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 16, 2013
North Carolina
whats everybody up to tonight ?
Not much happening around me. grrrr Real quiet. I cleaned out all my stored threads. I sure do miss putting those in folders. Caught up on some threads that I haven't had a chance to. Still trying to learn stuff. Takes me a little longer than most. Oh well, it is what it is.

Hope you are doing well.
LaieA_062.gif

desertlover

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 4, 2011
Southern California
Well, hello fellow Reonauts! I decided to dig out some Reos....Woodvil and Reo little. They've been sitting oh, about three years. I thought they were not performing and yet for such a simple mod, what could it be? Finally figured it out.....batteries!!!! Ah!!! I guess they are just too old and won't hold a charge. :(

Debadoo

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2012
Texas, near Fort Hood
Well, hello fellow Reonauts! I decided to dig out some Reos....Woodvil and Reo little. They've been sitting oh, about three years. I thought they were not performing and yet for such a simple mod, what could it be? Finally figured it out.....batteries!!!! Ah!!! I guess they are just too old and won't hold a charge. :(
Welcome back! Jup those batts are important huh!

Yikes.

Hello Reoland. Need to get another Grand. What color what color...
duhhh purple of course!!!
Giggle med with hand on mouth.gif

Sorry I didn't get back on Larry, just deoxit gold is what you use on both ends of battery, and spring top and + contact to prevent arcing. There is another deoxit that is a cleaner, but most folks don't use it. Just use a white eraser vinyl I think, if you have any dark spots, clean it with rubbing alcohol, then apply some deoxit gold. I just put a drop on my finger and put some in all places. Some use a qtip but mine was soaking into the qtip too much. I got this small tube at amazon. Will last a long time, they also have a pen and a bottle with a brush.

jup dental floss is great, I've also seen some that used some plumber's teflon tape.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread