Status
Not open for further replies.

Flowersoul

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2009
NE Florida
Yep. the beta blocker is doing wonders. I like it! They also want me to take Xaralto for a month. So I went to get the Rx filled and it was $400!! My part would be $300 because it includes my deductible! Holy crap! No thank you, just give me enough for 1 week because I'm seeing my doc soon, Yep, saw him, didn't have samples of that, but he gave me 3 weeks of Equius! Free is good! I'll see the cardiologist Wed and find out if I really have to take it for more than this little episode. Don't like this, but am NOT complaining. I am so happy this is all I have to worry about!

Janet, so glad you'll be seeing the cardiologist on Wednesday to discuss if you truly need this med.
I know I have to take one med and it was astronomical in price ($900 every 3 months) until we got it settled with my neurologist.

3mg Meniere

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 24, 2013
Tomah Wisconsin
Yesterday I went to Dr. for med review. Since finishing my writing project, my anxiety and depression levels have plummeted. I am staying on minimal levels of venlafaxine because of extensive history of depression and anxiety. I asked for shingles shot, and it cost my insurance $225. :blink: Those heavily advertised new meds are EXPENSIVE!! A friend who was an emergency-room nurse said she had seen many people there with shingles-- so I guess the cost is offset by higher costs later.

MikeE3

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2011
Skippack, PA
Janet tell Mike I finally got back to him. I laid down to take a nap and really conked out. For some reason I woke up at 330am and couldn't get back to sleep.

Got it and replied.

My personal "back porch" experience written as a true story
I hadn't spoken to my parents for nearly 20 years because of our differences.
The full moon bathed the porch in pale moonlight, I noticed, as I walked from the dining room to the rear porch for a nice vape.
My parents had gone to bed early after Thanksgiving supper, so I had some time to reflect.
A small lamp with a red lampshade glowed comfortably just inside the glass door.
As I vaped, I felt a sense of comfort, and relaxation like never before..we had reconnected.

Nice! And welcome to the porch. Make yourself comfortable and join the group.

MattB101

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 9, 2012
Deerfield Beach, FL
My uncle just went through shingles...
I'm wondering at what age do I need to have the shingles shot. I had the chickenpox as a kid so I am definitely on the "list" of those who are liable to get them. I will be 58 in September ,any guidance would be appreciated. My next doctor visit won't be until July, if we haven't moved by then.

MattB101

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 9, 2012
Deerfield Beach, FL
Some of my concern about shingles is because of my hearing loss. If it gets in the eyes, there can be vision loss. Not a good combination. And given that stress can precipitate shingles---
Jeez! If it's stress related in any form you can pretty much guarantee that I'm going to get it . not exactly leading a stress free life these days. I thought retirement was supposed to be stress free! :mad:

Janet H

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 3, 2011
PA
I hadn't spoken to my parents for nearly 20 years because of our differences.
The full moon bathed the porch in pale moonlight, I noticed, as I walked from the dining room to the rear porch for a nice vape.
My parents had gone to bed early after Thanksgiving supper, so I had some time to reflect.
A small lamp with a red lampshade glowed comfortably just inside the glass door.
As I vaped, I felt a sense of comfort, and relaxation like never before..we had reconnected.

Awww. That was lovely. Made me feel all warm and fuzzy. Glad you stopped by. Pull up a rocker and relax awhile.

gordon50

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 30, 2012
wichita falls, tx
I'm wondering at what age do I need to have the shingles shot. I had the chickenpox as a kid so I am definitely on the "list" of those who are liable to get them. I will be 58 in September ,any guidance would be appreciated. My next doctor visit won't be until July, if we haven't moved by then.
doctor gave me mine after I turned 60..said that was what is reccomended...

Semiretired

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 24, 2011
Middle Georgia
Hiya,Semi and everyone:) Still dang chilly here in the 50's.

Wow, we are getting high 70's and mid 80's every day now. We had a cold spell come through a couple of weeks ago, but it was real short... Out of season, but still short.

Debadoo

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2012
Texas, near Fort Hood
Wow what a nice story! So glad that you were able to reconnect and begin mending the relationship!! Welcome to the porch!!!

I asked for shingles shot,
Ok, that's my new thing to learn today! Didn't know there was a singles shot. Hmmm at 60 eh Gordon. I got a bit to go then. All my life I'd heard if you had chicken pox, you would NOT get shingles, so I never worried about til those commercials started coming out. I had a very severe case of chicken pox, dunno if more severe makes you more apt to get shingles or not. Had anyone else ever heard it the way I did? Just curious. My sil and I both thought that and had always heard that til those commercials.

Remember when you posted and someone else posted at the same time - the likes button was always missing so you had to refresh - it does not do that with this forum. Getting more positives every day...
Jup and I love it!!! I hated having to refresh all the time when I posted!!

Lilac, what a sweet story!
Janet, glad you are getting into the cardiologist!!

3mg Meniere

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 24, 2013
Tomah Wisconsin
Just talking off the top of my head here-- I am not a medical professional. However, it seems reasonable that shingles later in life is because the antibodies from the original pox has decreased over time. And since kids are now getting immunized, the opportunities for later exposures which would increase immunity are not happening. Seems to me that if you had severe pox as a child, you would be at a lowered risk later. IMHO, only.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread