God's country! ;)

Sirius

Star Puppy
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 19, 2013
North Carolina
When we lived in Greenwood, SC, always went east. Never into the Blue Ridge. Wish we had, Sirius. Does look beautiful. :)
That's the beauty of living in SC,..4 hrs each way and you have access to the beach or the big mountains! ;)

inbetweendays

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 4, 2015
Central Florida
Hi everyone! Busy day today at work. Then watching the news in Baltimore...very troubling. :(

On a brighter note...Siri, glad you're feeling better today! :D Those mountains do look beautiful. And much bigger than what we have here in "the hills!" :p Never been to the Blue Ridge Mountains, but would love to get there someday.

KS, that's kinda scary about the bird. I really don't know much about them, but I hope you find a good remedy soon, and be safe! :)

Angel and DS, lol! The slug/slug costume had me rolling! :lol:

Kayte, I can't imagine all the work that went into the Purple Party, but a well deserved break sounds like a good idea! Good luck with the painting. Oh and got my email for Sugar Plum...can't wait for my gold box! Thanks! :wub:

Hope everyone else is doing well! Have a great evening!

keepsmiling

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 8, 2014
Florida
Good morning mountaineers! Thanks for the well wishes. I am going to order the herbal teas today. I took down Pico & Yuna's sleepy hut, which can lend to nesty behavior. And we had a groomer come and do a light clip yesterday on Pico, something I am totally against, but at least it is temporary. I had to do something to ensure my safety, yet still allow him out to play and get exercise.
To those of you who say they do not know birds, just think of how we spay and neuter cats, dogs, and for the same reasons. All creatures have the same reproductive goal. In birds it can lead to aggression, depression, and even self destruction and mutilation. Another reason they should have been left in the wild.
Today would have been my other sister Diana's birthday, so a sad reminder of a loss of a sibling. And at such a young age..she died at 21.
I did get my shipping notice for my purple treasures! Thank you Kayte and Doug.
I hope you all have a wonderful day!:wub:

keepsmiling

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 8, 2014
Florida
Could be a cuckoo chooch. The baby will push the other nestlings/eggs out when it hatches, and the momma will raise it as if it's her own. And the cuckoo momma is off at the beach somewhere having a good ol' time. I truly believe this was the basis for the story by Dr. Suess called Horton Hatches The Egg, which was also a cartoon.
hortonhatchestheegg_ipad2_screen2large.jpg

Kayte

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Sep 23, 2012
NM, U.S.
www.molehillmountainart.com
Sirius... I really hope that works out for you! It's so beautiful there. Now you've got John Denver singing in my head... take me home country roads, to the place I belong... :pervy: (Yes, I know he's singing about West Virginia, but 'blue ridge mountains' is what set the song off. :sneaky:)

Emmsma - Nice just to have you hang out with us whether you talk much or not. Same goes for all of you lurkers. Sometimes I'm a lurker, too. That just doesn't seem right since this is my thread. :eek: :facepalm:

Hi Hempt!

KS - Glad to hear you're getting things sorted out.
I'm sorry it's a sad day for you. 21 is way too young. Big hugs to you.

I never made it to actual painting yesterday. :oops: But, everything is off the walls and has been washed. I got most of the prep work done and Doug is going to move the hutch and buffet away from the walls for me here shortly.

I have no idea if there will be tips today or not. I think he was busy setting things up and not actually turning, but I could be wrong. I'll let you know later if I'll be listing any.

Have a great day!

mommabird62

squonkhead
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2014
NC
G'morning everyone! :) Question for the day for anybody. What bird in the U.S. takes over another bird's nest or just lays one speckled egg amongst the smaller ones and let the original nesters raise their chick?

Momma, how are you coming on your therapy? :)

Starlings are also bad to do this chooch. There is another one but I can't remember what it was.

PT is going pretty good. Just a little slow

Oops my bad-starlings push others out of tbeir nest and raise tbeir own. Going to look up the ones you were talking about.

Last edited:

mommabird62

squonkhead
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2014
NC
Good morning mountaineers! Thanks for the well wishes. I am going to order the herbal teas today. I took down Pico & Yuna's sleepy hut, which can lend to nesty behavior. And we had a groomer come and do a light clip yesterday on Pico, something I am totally against, but at least it is temporary. I had to do something to ensure my safety, yet still allow him out to play and get exercise.
To those of you who say they do not know birds, just think of how we spay and neuter cats, dogs, and for the same reasons. All creatures have the same reproductive goal. In birds it can lead to aggression, depression, and even self destruction and mutilation. Another reason they should have been left in the wild.
Today would have been my other sister Diana's birthday, so a sad reminder of a loss of a sibling. And at such a young age..she died at 21.
I did get my shipping notice for my purple treasures! Thank you Kayte and Doug.
I hope you all have a wonderful day!:wub:

Prayers for you today KS. Such a great loss at such a young age. {{{hugs}}}

angelphyre

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 9, 2013
MS Gulf Coast/NOLA
Howdy Mountaineers...rain finally seems to be stopping around here...good thing...yesterday was so bad, it blew a train off an elevated track and we had waterspouts all over the place...it was just nasty out! :eek:

KS, (((HUGS))) for you. I just realized that your sister's name was Diana...that was my sister who passed away a few years ago name too...my heart goes out to you!

Momma, glad to hear the PT is going well...slow is fine, just as long as you're not overdoing it. :)

I spent my evening with little Angel again last night...this is getting to be a regular Monday night appointment apparently. :D...She was quite the little booger last night...giggling at everything and being silly. I've been teaching her new tricks though...now every time she sees me she sticks her tongue out like I taught her...bad grandma!...that'll teach her parents to leave her with me for too long! :laugh:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread