ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 25, 2014
Australia
@dems86

17094108607_7cd7671525_z.jpg

Wick tucked in.

17275593616_a13f05e488_z.jpg

May not look like it now, but when dry that tail was fanned out horizontal and trimmed at an angle.
Starting about 1-2mm out from the base threads on the side nearest the screw post, angled out to well over 5mm at the other end.
The idea is having just enough cotton to rest on the bottom of the cup (and cover those juice holes) without needing any major twisting of the wick.

17301564805_1b9ef4b628_z.jpg

Nano bell cap w/nano Squape tip. :)

Reactions: dems86

vakaion

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 25, 2014
Australia
Exactly where did you stick it? Photos? [emoji102]

I can't take photos of that right now, I'd have to destroy my build and remove the deck, and probably still wouldn't see anything in the photo. lol
What I did is remove the deck, undid the center pin a bit, held two strands of 32g in the hole from the top (the end of each wire was basically pressed up against where the center pins thread and the holes thread "meet"), then screwed in the center pin.
Took a couple of attempts to "catch" the wire in the thread, but when it does it gets much tougher to screw it in.
Just ensure the pin doesn't end up crooked at the bottom and it's set. :)

Vakaion, did you use a drill to twist?

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

2x 30g ni200 twisted via drill, then wrapped with a 3mm coil winder. ;)
I ended up having to re-coil after those pics. lol

Rikk

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2014
Utah
I had all sorts of issues when I installed my B deck. I ended up taking it out and putting away. Resistance and TP where the main culprits. I didn't really give it a chance because I was so used to the W deck just working that I threw up my hands and stuck it away.

I'm going to try your trick and stick some nickel wire etc and see how it does. It's nice to know it really works.

SeniorBoy

VapeFight.com Founder
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 21, 2013
Las Vegas, NV
vapefight.com
I found this interesting. This is my last KGD build which is the best. The original wicking followed by two pics of the KGD after a total of 3 tanks. Kanthal wrap. During this last tank I've gotten two more intermittent leaks than before out of the largest air hole. Makes we wonder if you can mitigate the occasional small air hole dribble by rewicking after every couple of tanks???? The juice is my own creation @ 50/50 with a profane name /lol and tends to move toward the gunky side of the equation. NOTE when uploading images to ECF: You can multi select via CTRL and the order you select is the order they appear or you can change the order as you click either Thumb or Full image. NICE :)

SMALL-P1010090.jpg
SMALL-P1010095.jpg
SMALL-P1010118.jpg

Rikk

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2014
Utah
Yea, I think these bell caps are going to look much better polished up. Or I guess some prefer them frosted. I think I'm going to polish mine up this next week when I have some extra time and throw it back on again for a try. It doesn't look hard, just time consuming. I just watched a video and I guess cleaning it up after polishing is the toughest part. Getting all the polishing compound out of all the little grooves. And that's with putting tape over the threads.

Anybody here polish there's yet? Any tips....

Rikk

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2014
Utah
Ok, you have to describe looper for us (me) now.... Right now... Sooner than later. ;)
I read a reply from you in another thread earlier and I didn't get exactly what you meant by being tied up in a co-op. I finally went and took a look at putting my 2.5Ti in the classifieds today and stumbled across the co-op area. I still can't say I get it, but at least now I got it. What you meant that is. At least I think that's what you meant. But anyway, Looks like an area that might be interesting to investigate further.

dems86

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 3, 2014
Sacramento, CA, US
@dems86

17094108607_7cd7671525_z.jpg

Wick tucked in.

17275593616_a13f05e488_z.jpg

May not look like it now, but when dry that tail was fanned out horizontal and trimmed at an angle.
Starting about 1-2mm out from the base threads on the side nearest the screw post, angled out to well over 5mm at the other end.
The idea is having just enough cotton to rest on the bottom of the cup (and cover those juice holes) without needing any major twisting of the wick.

17301564805_1b9ef4b628_z.jpg

Nano bell cap w/nano Squape tip. :)
Not to be THAT guy or anything, but the proper term is SQuip Tip ;)

Reactions: Rikk

dems86

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 3, 2014
Sacramento, CA, US
So why is Tapatalk counting down whenever I make a post now? Do I have to wait for it to finish before I can make another post or something? I don't ever remember seeing that before. I'm assuming I'm not the only one..... Or am I?
Yeah, there is a timer before you can repost. It didn't used to be there that's why we didn't see it in Tapatalk before. In other forums that have a timer I've seen it, but the timer is usually 10-15 seconds, 30 ow pretty extreme if you ask me.

Having a timer in conversations is also pretty ridiculous. Don't make it look like a chat room or text messaging if I can't use it as such, lol

Reactions: Rikk
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread