Not open for further replies.

Rat2chat2

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 16, 2013
North Carolina
"ignore forum"

I have not seen this answered and just really don't understand it. What is it? And if you ignore a certain person. . .is the person aware of it? Just wondering.

Also, I miss my
Feedly news feeds from ecf. Is this one of the things that will change or is it just "gone"?

Debadoo

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2012
Texas, near Fort Hood
Is it my PC...or my FF...or XenForo...but...ALL the W's (w and W) in the posts appear as "ghost" W's.
I was noticing this on a pm earlier (sorry they'll always be pm's to me, easier to type) lol didn't pay attn to which letters it was though. I could see them, they were just lighter. Thought it was odd, but didn't pay much attn to it.

Robino1

Resting in Peace
ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2012
Treasure Coast, Florida
I have not seen this answered and just really don't understand it. What is it? And if you ignore a certain person. . .is the person aware of it? Just wondering.

Also, I miss my
Feedly news feeds from ecf. Is this one of the things that will change or is it just "gone"?

If you don't mind, we can test the ignore feature between us two. I am not going to ignore you until you tell me it is ok....

Ignore forum means ?? Not sure how that works yet

News feed ? Not sure

How's that for an definite answer?? ROFL

Anyway, just give me the go ahead and we can test the ignore a person feature. I will of course un-ignore you after we post after the test

retired1

Administrator
Admin
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 5, 2013
Texas

Also, I miss my

Ignore forum is just that, you have the ability to ignore specific forums from showing up in your search results.

If you ignore someone, no, they aren't notified.

And lastly, you'll have to set up your RSS feeds again.

Uncle

Resting In Peace
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 15, 2011
Just saw this and thought I would post it here to see if it will assist others . . .

Went to Profile > Click on "Social Group Tab" > Open "Social Group" > Open "Social Group" Page/Sub-forum >

Options listed there re "Social Forum Tools" w/Drop Down Menu; Watch Forum and Ignore Forum . . .

Under "Social Form Tools" there are 2 options also 1) View Social Forum Members and 2) Leave Social Form . . .

I don't know if this information will work for everyone and what they wish to do, however I do hope this helps some . . .:rolleyes:

spartanstew

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 29, 2013
Wylie, Texas
i was surprised too at the returned number ;) but with over 200k in members there's gonna be some heavy days! not sure how vb sorted but i do remember quite a few lines on some days.

biggest drawback here on xf - the avis instead of names

I never look at birthdays, so don't remember what it was like before, however, when I looked at it yesterday I realized that anyone without an avatar is someone I wouldn't want to recognize their birthday anyway (which would greatly reduce the number of birthdays you have to check). Also, most of the folks I know, I would recognized their avatars without having to double check (although some change them frequently).

retired1

Administrator
Admin
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 5, 2013
Texas
Another thing I hadn't seen mentioned yet, is our contacts/friends? Are they still here, and if so, do we still have something akin to contacts pop up, to see which friends are online? I've looked in members, but don't see anything that designates friends.

Your "friends" list did carry over. Go to your profile page, and on the left side, you'll see two blocks. Following (your friends list) and Followers (those who stalk, I mean, follow you).

Uncle

Resting In Peace
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 15, 2011
Your "friends" list did carry over. Go to your profile page, and on the left side, you'll see two blocks. Following (your friends list) and Followers (those who stalk, I mean, follow you).

AND - Although I did ask previously somewhere, will there be a way to change/fix/edit these list sometime in the future, especially "Who" is and are not the People that are being "Followed" or are "Following" Ya' . . . :facepalm:

Also - I notice there is only a way to either "Follow" or "UnFollow" People in "People You Follow" list and nothing for the "People Following You" . . . :confused:

BTW: I am not sure, however are "We" no longer going to have the Option to accept or not accept "Friends" as "We" were able to do before . . . :nah:

Reactions: Debadoo

retired1

Administrator
Admin
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 5, 2013
Texas
Are "We" no longer going to have the Option to accept or not accept "Friends" . . . :confused:

That is not an option any longer. If you wish to prevent people from seeing what you're doing, you can set those options in your privacy options.

Reactions: Debadoo

Debadoo

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2012
Texas, near Fort Hood
thanks!

jup I do recall that uncle, somehow my brain didn't connect follow, to friends. lol OH well.....my brain often doesn't make the proper connections.

Rat2chat2

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 16, 2013
North Carolina
If you don't mind, we can test the ignore feature between us two. I am not going to ignore you until you tell me it is ok....

Ignore forum means ?? Not sure how that works yet

News feed ? Not sure

How's that for an definite answer?? ROFL

Anyway, just give me the go ahead and we can test the ignore a person feature. I will of course un-ignore you after we post after the test
I don't know if I could take the stress of being ignored or understand what I am looking for/at. Better do that with someone that knows something more than me. which would be everyone
girl_haha.gif
I have pink font and emoticons so the rest is just. . . gravy.

btw I've seen better definite answers.
latest
bahahahahahaha

Uncle

Resting In Peace
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 15, 2011
That is not an option any longer. If you wish to prevent people from seeing what you're doing, you can set those options in your privacy options.

I Really DO Understand that, however "My" Privacy is really not the main issue here and "Blocking" the People I "Follow" from seeing "My" Profile/NewFeed, especially when it comes to "My" ECF Friends . . . :rolleyes:

It was and still is having them all lump in one category (really wish I could find "My" original post, however a search both here and in the issues thread cannot find it), and not being able to organize/edit both of these list . . . :(

BTW: Really do not expect that this can or will be addressed right away, just something I would hope that "You"/Administration will consider having implemented . . . :D

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread