GotVapes Weekly: Come play with us. New Game every week!

Status
Not open for further replies.

bwh79

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 11, 2014
Oregon
:blink:Don't know how you figure. Has nothing to do with the post number....all about the numbers picked. Man you just can't be pleased. You now have numbers that you can pick after we go to bed.....don't have to worry about not having resets at night cause of the time difference.......wasn't that your very first gripe....not having rounds during your night time hours? *why yes, kee...yes it was*:pervy:
Ah, yeah, that was me :blush:. This one is just more of an observation, really. Didn't mean for it to sound gripe-y, but sometimes that's hard to avoid...I guess it's just who I am :p. I'm just saying that, since 1 pick == 1 post, then probability-and-statistics-wise, from a purely mathematical viewpoint, (once you weed out the entries from the non-entries, of course, be that either posts that contain a number pick, or ones that start with "entry," or ones that don't start with "not an entry"), they're pretty much identical. Before, it was different, since not all posts were created equal (some of them contained more number picks than others did) but with a 1:1 correlation like this, then it really doesn't matter; whether you pick a winning number, or pick a winning post, the odds are the same either way. Assigning numbers to the posts, aside from just the post number itself, and then choosing based on that secondary number, is just like shuffling the deck one more time after it's already been completely randomized.

Maybe this sort of thing isn't interesting to anyone else, but I've always been a math-and-numbers kind of guy. But anyway, that's enough out of me. I've already wasted enough time already, and clearly people like picking their own numbers, so how about:

341 please.

liblue1

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Maybe this sort of thing isn't interesting to anyone else, but I've always been a math-and-numbers kind of guy. But anyway, that's enough out of me. I've already wasted enough time already, and clearly people like picking their own numbers, so how about:
I know what you mean.....I also like numbers....Not so much math but the calculating part.....it is very interesting...

keelalagirl55

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Jan 25, 2011
Ah, yeah, that was me :blush:. This one is just more of an observation, really. Didn't mean for it to sound gripe-y, but sometimes that's hard to avoid...I guess it's just who I am :p. I'm just saying that, since 1 pick == 1 post, then probability-and-statistics-wise, from a purely mathematical viewpoint, (once you weed out the entries from the non-entries, of course, be that either posts that contain a number pick, or ones that start with "entry," or ones that don't start with "not an entry"), they're pretty much identical. Before, it was different, since not all posts were created equal (some of them contained more number picks than others did) but with a 1:1 correlation like this, then it really doesn't matter; whether you pick a winning number, or pick a winning post, the odds are the same either way. Assigning numbers to the posts, aside from just the post number itself, and then choosing based on that secondary number, is just like shuffling the deck one more time after it's already been completely randomized.

341 please.

Sorta, but really the odds are about the same as with multi number pickin rounds....just the picks are stretched out to more than 1 post......but you aren't having to wait 5, 6, 8 hours to pick more numbers.....so essentially your odds are better in this format depending on you the picker. If you are diligent at getting in here every half hour for a number, you may end up with more numbers than in the other format.....especially for those of you on the West Coast getting to pick later into the night and not be bound by the round changeover :D And ya never know.....something may change within the next day or so and it will go to 2 numbers every half hour ;) ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread