Status
Not open for further replies.

retird

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 31, 2010
North Side
Thanks retird! Didnt think ther's much to say about it beyond what has been posted. Both coils did the same on on two different nano bases so Ive no clue what is going on. I will try on mini later I guess, or just try another coil...I guess what is confusing me the most is the fact that the 2nd one is stable - reads 0.117 (SX rounds down to 0.11 on main display) and 0.13 on chiNA40 VF. Seems like a stock 0.15ohm rated coil shouldnt be that low in the first place. Anyway both mods are stable at that resistnace (no refinement of course ;) ). It vapes ok on both but I really have to crank up the T to get any taste at all although the vapour production isnt too bad, not great but not awful..Its very strange indeed!

Understand.... I'm good with them at 420F to 450F @ 17 watts using 70/30 e-liquid....50/50 e-liquid and the wicking was not so good....

TheotherSteveS

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2015
Birmingham, England
Understand.... I'm good with them at 420F to 450F @ 17 watts using 70/30 e-liquid....50/50 e-liquid and the wicking was not so good....

Thanks again. Thats a good baseline to aim for. Im 80:20 VG:pG. I assume you are PG:VG if you know what I mean. Have to say wicking isnt an issue with the high VG on the non-Ni OCCs but I guess this is a different ball-park...I think I have some high nic 60:40 somewhere so might try that (carefully!)..

I saw that one of your coils refined to 0.13. Have you seen a base resistance fresh out of the box as low as 0.12?? This may sound silly but it 'feels' like the coil is aboyt 30-40F outr of kilter somehow - 0.03 could do that. Question is why is it reading so low?!?!

retird

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 31, 2010
North Side
Thanks again. Thats a good baseline to aim for. Im 80:20 VG:pG. I assume you are PG:VG if you know what I mean. Have to say wicking isnt an issue with the high VG on the non-Ni OCCs but I guess this is a different ball-park...I think I have some high nic 60:40 somewhere so might try that (carefully!)..

I saw that one of your coils refined to 0.13. Have you seen a base resistance fresh out of the box as low as 0.12?? This may sound silly but it 'feels' like the coil is aboyt 30-40F outr of kilter somehow - 0.03 could do that. Question is why is it reading so low?!?!

I've probably have used 20 or so coils now and most start at 0.15 and refine to 0.13 with a very few going to 0.12....thus my setting of 420 to 450F variance... yep my e-liquid is pg/vg ratio where yours is vg/pg...

TheotherSteveS

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2015
Birmingham, England
Now its fine. I vaped a tank with it at 0.12 ohms (dry - still TP'd - no dry hit). Took it off, reloaded albeit with a different juice, reassembled and now R= 0.145 or so. Rock solid now. Vape is really good at 400F/18W. Good vapour, great flavour. You know these coils do work of course but they are a little over-sensitive I think...anyway, for now Im happy but still confused about what I did to fix it! Oh well. Starnge are the ways of Vape sometimes...

squag

Dec 5, 2014
CA, USA
this morning its back to 0.127...obviously something is not quite right....I'll investigate further...
I would suspect there is an intermittent short due to contact between coil wraps or possibly from one of the legs to the head enclosure. I've long since given up on these heads, but it would be interesting to see if a well rebuilt head has the same problem.

Vassago01

Apr 25, 2015
MD
I have a set on order from Vapor Shark and I have the Original kanger and the Mini, are people generally getting a positive outcome form these or negative? I am new to the TP game and I picked up a Vapor Flask clone with the 40 chip in it. I was looking to have positive outcome from this but i never get dry hits on my Attys or tanks with my kanthal builds. i hope this wasn't a waste of time since I have zero problem with ll my current setups.

TheotherSteveS

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2015
Birmingham, England
Are you suppose to prime the coil first before setting the resistance or setting it while the coil is dry on the sx mini m class?
others may disagree but i think you should set resistance with the setup you will be vaping ie a wet coil in a full tank mounted on the mod!

Reactions: dam718

samstringerhye

Feb 5, 2015
Now its fine. I vaped a tank with it at 0.12 ohms (dry - still TP'd - no dry hit). Took it off, reloaded albeit with a different juice, reassembled and now R= 0.145 or so. Rock solid now. Vape is really good at 400F/18W. Good vapour, great flavour. You know these coils do work of course but they are a little over-sensitive I think...anyway, for now Im happy but still confused about what I did to fix it! Oh well. Starnge are the ways of Vape sometimes...

I'm curious. What airflow setting do you set it to? When I go wide open it is wayyyy to airy of a vape for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread