tapatalk question

Status
Not open for further replies.

sarahhonald

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 5, 2013
Marietta, GA
I'm receiving notifications like crazy of new threads in my subscribed forums that are actually old. That must be the cache rebuilding. Just letting everybody know.

I am having a similar issue. One member is sending me messages that are actually my old messages. They come up on tapatalk( like 40 at a time) but when I log into ECF here on my desktop directly there is no messages- nothing showing. Its weird. It comes up that someone replied but when I look at it, its one of my old messages sent to me but with no reply. I though someone was playing a weird prank- but seeing as though there is no trace here when I log in directly- I am thinking it is a glitch.. anyone had a similar experience or know what I can do to fix it?

sonicdsl

Wandering life's highway
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 11, 2011
I am having a similar issue. One member is sending me messages that are actually my old messages. They come up on tapatalk( like 40 at a time) but when I log into ECF here on my desktop directly there is no messages- nothing showing. Its weird. It comes up that someone replied but when I look at it, its one of my old messages sent to me but with no reply. I though someone was playing a weird prank- but seeing as though there is no trace here when I log in directly- I am thinking it is a glitch.. anyone had a similar experience or know what I can do to fix it?
This is a known issue, as that is happening as we are rebuilding the cache system and conversations. As we try different things to resolve some of the issues, you may see strange occurrences like this from time to time. Still, reporting them is good, as then we can investigate if we're not already aware. :)

Reactions: Elyptic

sarahhonald

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 5, 2013
Marietta, GA
This is a known issue, as that is happening as we are rebuilding the cache system and conversations. As we try different things to resolve some of the issues, you may see strange occurrences like this from time to time. Still, reporting them is good, as then we can investigate if we're not already aware. :)

Okay, I posted a similar reply in another thread because I wasn't sure if it was tapatalk or the new interface. So sorry about bring it up twice. Maybe I am too thorough...lol. Thanks for the quick reply!

Reactions: sonicdsl

Elyptic

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 16, 2014
Upstate NY
Thanks for letting us know! I noticed the same thing.

Bits scrambled by Tapatalk...

USMCotaku

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 25, 2014
California
I'm also receiving "so and so" sent you a message notices from tapatalk....i figured they must be old messages, since the new software uses "conversations" instead of messages.
At first it drove me nutty trying to find them :p
Figure all will smooth out in a few days or so

Reactions: sarahhonald
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread