Ultimate at home mod

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bmcglothlin

Mar 23, 2015
Louisiana
Ok so i am planning to make an at home unregulated box mod. I am making it large and with all the bells and whistles and I have a few questions for yall experienced modders out there.

I was wanting to add somw fuses to it so i was wondering if fuses for like a car would work. Using a fuse box like below and wiring them parallel.
image.jpg
Another question for extra saftey and to help with the lower ohms and higher amps i wanna go can i add additional mosfets parallel. Im doing this where size of mod is no issue because base line imma make it series and parallel switch and im also working on repurposing an old hookah into an atomizer.

Bmcglothlin

Mar 23, 2015
Louisiana
The plan is 4-6 18650s ran 2s 2p or 2s 3p. Then having a balancing charger ran and connected in. And im toying with idea of making switchable 510 connects one for hookah idea then ine fore vv/vw system and one just plain button and 510. Basicly turning the mod itself into a semi portable pawer pack. The force behind this is to basicly have every mod in one and the second feature is im toying with idea of making it large enough to make a storage compartment for juice, wire, cotton, etc.

Visus

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 4, 2013
United States
That wouldn't be the ultimate at home station if not using the mains too...

Look up PWM mod by David4500 or box modders on facebook that would be the bees knees for your system unbelievable power option its not regulated only switched by a 555 thru the mosfet but acts like a regulated mod giving you 0v-wahtever your batts are 2s-3s etc.. Its the newest awesome in hobby builds....

Really cool new way of driving a fet with 2000watt+ capability depending on your batts c rating..

Visus

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 4, 2013
United States
You can use an old computer ps, xbox, etc any ac/dc regulator that has enough amps and voltage for you.. I personally use a 12v belkin backup battery it works well, lots of current capable and my liion batts stay charged until leave the house lol..
If you join up box modders they have files on everything even breakout boards for the circuits..
An ECF member runs the group.. They are pro/commercial modders so make sure you read their files before asking questions or they will annihilate ya with meme's..

Visus

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 4, 2013
United States
You can use any switch on the pwm mods even a small tact switch.
I have not built a 555 myself I have no need other than its awesome. lol
I use evercool ti08100 mods predominantly..
The specs on a 555 pwm build are like I said, "your batteries C rating," if your batts have 10kamp rating it will do 10k amps lol
Its truly uber power modding. The one that trumps all power mods and it's least expensive if you build it yourself..
Quite a few have built the 555mod without any electronics experience so ya if your interested join boxmodders read the 555 file or the dual mosfet file etc. really cool mods with boards that cost almost pennies.. 3 555 pwm boards for 80 cents and they will do 3k+ watts =priceless.. Theres quite a few different boards to choose but the 80 cents ones are tiny mon...

There are almost cartoon like diagrams if you cannot read a schematic..

Visus

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 4, 2013
United States
The PWM circuit only opens and closes the MOSFET. The mosfets rating matched to your batts C rating is whats/only important, of course wire gauge and good solder joins too lol..

The 555 itself is putting out milliamps and battery voltage, it barely draws any battery power and is not part of the atomizer circuit, it is being used as a logic circuit.. I think the duty cycle is like 100k hz or such not sure on that but ya. So all the pwm does is act like your finger pushing the button really really fast on/off in a mechanical mod like action but you can alter how fast you turn it on/off and that acts like a regulated mod mod giving you an estimated 0v-XXv simulated vape.

Bmcglothlin

Mar 23, 2015
Louisiana
The PWM circuit only opens and closes the MOSFET. The mosfets rating matched to your batts C rating is whats/only important, of course wire gauge and good solder joins too lol..

The 555 itself is putting out milliamps and battery voltage, it barely draws any battery power and is not part of the atomizer circuit, it is being used as a logic circuit.. I think the duty cycle is like 100k hz or such not sure on that but ya. So all the pwm does is act like your finger pushing the button really really fast on/off in a mechanical mod like action but you can alter how fast you turn it on/off and that acts like a regulated mod mod giving you an estimated 0v-XXv simulated vape.
Ok thanks thats where i was at loss so a high rated mosfet will take the amps and itll leave the pmw to do its just with out worry of over amping it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread