Status
Not open for further replies.

Iffy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 3, 2011
Florida Suncoast
I just felt like I'd like to share a little with you on a few of the folks I've had the pleasure to have worked for over the years .. and as I put this together, I realized it was almost a tribute to the deceased .. I hope you like it ..

Oh my, what an impressive and fantastic trip down memory lane. You, my friend, have more memories (and photographs) dan Methuselah!

Thanx fer sharin'!

lulu836

Jambalya, crawfish pie, 'da filé gumbo
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 1, 2011
Shreveport
Ditto!!

you said that? Or Janet said that??? hehhee

Ouchie Lulu.....mind if I ask how old you were when you got shingles? sorry ya had that, but glad it's over.

I'll tell you how old I am now and how old I was when shingles hit me but you have to promise not to tell anyone else. :img: Chicken pox at 10 years. Shingles at 70. Presently looking for a Viking ship at 76.

DavidOck

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2013
Halfway to Paradise, WA
As I packed up the equipment and removed the old photos, I took a few pictures .. like I said when I made the Tribute to TX, I believe everyone should have some sort of record, so I decided I was going to make one .. I hope no one feels I'm being pretentious .. I'm really not tooting my own horn, I just felt like I'd like to share a little with you on a few of the folks I've had the pleasure to have worked for over the years .. and as I put this together, I realized it was almost a tribute to the deceased .. I hope you like it ..

Not at all pretentious. Much appreciated.

and, uh, WOW!

Uncle Willie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 27, 2011
Meet Me in St Louie Louie
Love the album,Willie:)

Fran, it seemed for a long time you were not around, and I missed you .. maybe you were around and I just did not see you .. who knows .. I am just so glad you drop in now, which is all that really matters anyway .. and thanks, glad you liked it .. I almost decided to not post it because it felt like maybe I was bragging or something .. and although as most know, I am not a Religious Man, I do try and avoid the 7 deadly sins .. Pride being one, considered the worst of all .. at least that's what the Nun's beat into me .. ;)

Kenna

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 14, 2014
Texas, USA
Wow what a nice story! So glad that you were able to reconnect and begin mending the relationship!! Welcome to the porch!!!

Ok, that's my new thing to learn today! Didn't know there was a singles shot. Hmmm at 60 eh Gordon. I got a bit to go then. All my life I'd heard if you had chicken pox, you would NOT get shingles, so I never worried about til those commercials started coming out. I had a very severe case of chicken pox, dunno if more severe makes you more apt to get shingles or not. Had anyone else ever heard it the way I did? Just curious. My sil and I both thought that and had always heard that til those commercials.

Jup and I love it!!! I hated having to refresh all the time when I posted!!

Lilac, what a sweet story!
Janet, glad you are getting into the cardiologist!!

I'd never heard of shingles until I started seeing the commercials, & then my Aunt got them at about the same time. She was in her late 70's & caring for her husband who had Alzhiemers. She was in the hospital for weeks & then in rehab to get her strength back after that. She still has little flare ups now & then. Her husband pased away about a year after that, & now she's been in an Alzheimers unit herself for about 3 years. My Mom got the shot after her sister had them. I asked my Rhuematologist about it & he said not to get one. I guess because of my immune system. He told me not to get a pnuemonia shot, too, but does have me get a flu shot every year. I ask about the shingles & pnuemonia shots every year anyway.

Kenna

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 14, 2014
Texas, USA
As I packed up the equipment and removed the old photos, I took a few pictures .. like I said when I made the Tribute to TX, I believe everyone should have some sort of record, so I decided I was going to make one .. I hope no one feels I'm being pretentious .. I'm really not tooting my own horn, I just felt like I'd like to share a little with you on a few of the folks I've had the pleasure to have worked for over the years .. and as I put this together, I realized it was almost a tribute to the deceased .. I hope you like it ..

That was awesome, Willie! And it's not bragging. We all lived their music. You got to work with it!

MikeE3

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2011
Skippack, PA
Ditto!!
you said that? Or Janet said that??? hehhee

Watch it girlie - I'll be sending Iffy after you if'n you don't behave. :pervy:

Mike .. one of my favorite past stories on a previous thread was Janet and you tooling around America in a VW Microbus when you were kids .. (I hope my memory on that is still accurate) ... Creaks and groans .. ?? I've got plenty .. after spending Sunday working all day in the yard, Monday I felt like dogfood on a shingle and had to break out the heating pad / ice bag / TENS unit .. then, to add the icing to the cake, even though I have never been very prone to allergies, I now am for some odd reason .. and so, my nose needs it's own drain .. and my throat feels like coarse sandpaper ..

We'll have that drink .. you remember I threatened a couple years ago to drop in as a houseguest .. ?? Keep on your toes .. ;)

Yepper - you remember that right. We had a $20/day budget ... 1/2 went for gasoline for the VW bus and the other 1/2 for food & miscl. stuff. It was a 3+ month sojourn taking us wherever we felt like heading next and staying until we felt like leaving. Met a lot of characters on the road and rescued a dog. I remembering being in Vancouver and striking up a conversation w/ this old man. He was just looking out over the bay and said he'd left Vancouver for the wilds of the Yukon as a young man and this was his first trip back in like 50 years. He looked like a dazed deer in the headlights trying to make sense of all the hubbub around the city.

.. at least that's what the Nun's beat into me .. ;)

Oh no - not the Nuns. That's what I said to my Mom each summer when it was off to religious summer school. My Pop wouldn't let Mom send us to Catholic Schools, so each summer we had to talk religion classes. I was so, so scared of those ladies in black.

bigbells

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Mar 3, 2013
60 mi east of Raleigh NC
soledoubtshow.com

Oh my, what an impressive and fantastic trip down memory lane. You, my friend, have more memories (and photographs) dan Methuselah!

Thanx fer sharin'!

Fran, it seemed for a long time you were not around, and I missed you .. maybe you were around and I just did not see you .. who knows .. I am just so glad you drop in now, which is all that really matters anyway .. and thanks, glad you liked it .. I almost decided to not post it because it felt like maybe I was bragging or something .. and although as most know, I am not a Religious Man, I do try and avoid the 7 deadly sins .. Pride being one, considered the worst of all .. at least that's what the Nun's beat into me .. ;)
Just an amazing and well done video, Uncle Willie. Do not EVER make us beg for you to continue a story. That is so wrong! (My begging was not expressed publicly but matched that of others.)

Kat56

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 27, 2012
SC
I found you! Welcome to the Old Folks thread, Kat! Make yourself at home.

Obviously, you're not new to ECF or to some of the regular posters here. It's about time you finally dropped by!

Yep Yep, been a long time. Ran into trouble with data allowance limits...hoping the new software won't be as hoggie! Great to see ya!

clnire

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 15, 2013
Florida
Wow, that was wonderful Willie. All those people you worked with, and what you did with the montage. Awesome. I also love what you did with the S&G song America. Always been one of my favorites and the pictures just say it all. Being fairly new to the porches, I enjoy everything you say and do and consider you a highly respected friend. Sometimes it is hard to put real feelings in mere words.

Getting older, I have lost several good friends. No, the pain never goes away, it just finds a place to reside and peep it's little head out from time to time. Those times I just let myself remember, shed a tear or two, then put it back into it's place and move on. Til next time.

Matt, that shower is beautiful!! We have plans to do a similar thing with our master bathroom shower, just time and money needed... :yawn: We will get there someday. :blink:

Flowersoul

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2009
NE Florida

Willie, thank you so much for sharing; so enjoyable and what a priceless memory for you and now for us!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread