Status
Not open for further replies.

ThePaladin

Jedi Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 31, 2013
Virginia, USA
Today's setup: P3 in 18350 with Paradigm Magma rda...

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1430243365.422964.jpg

Proud Provarinati...

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
I bought one of them there coil building thingamabobs and I'm using the 2mm rod.
My microdriver is actually 1.96mm. That thingamabob you're using might be a hair larger and that's why you're getting a higher ohm read. Do 9 wraps as you planned and see what happens.

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
I'm going to do 8 wraps (maybe even 7) and see what I get.
Give it a whirl Sir Rod! Post your results.

I suspect there is a difference in wire widths from place to place too. I buy brand A, you buy brand B or I buy my wire six months before you did, blah, blah, blah. In other words, 28 gauge might be 28.2 on my spool and 27.7 on your spool. I found different ohm readings on the same spool.

rbrylawski

Sir Rod - MOL
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 11, 2014
Tampa, FL
Give it a whirl Sir Rod! Post your results.

I suspect there is a difference in wire widths from place to place too. I buy brand A, you buy brand B or I buy my wire six months before you did, blah, blah, blah. In other words, 28 gauge might be 28.2 on my spool and 27.7 on your spool. I found different ohm readings on the same spool.

I will report tonight, but me thinks you guys are going to get sick of hearing about Sir Rod and his coils. Yes I do!

ThePaladin

Jedi Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 31, 2013
Virginia, USA
Sir Rod, I think each and every one of us has benefitted from the collective knowledge here, and asked any number of questions. I know I needed much guidance as I first delved into RBAs and RDAs, so post away! I, for one, appreciate feeling useful--even if my guidance didn't help. :D

Proud Provarinati...

Last edited:
Reactions: Bronze

rbrylawski

Sir Rod - MOL
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 11, 2014
Tampa, FL
Sir Rod, I think each and every one of us has benefitted from the collective knowledge here, and asked any Buber of questions. I know I needed much guidance as I first delved into RBAs and RDAs, so post away! I, for one, appreciate feeling useful--even if my guidance didn't help. :D

Proud Provarinati...

My Dear Dear Tim......what would lead to be believe your guidance didn't help? I so appreciate everyone's willingness to help me. Yes I Do!

Reactions: NeoGoldenBoy

Pinggolfer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 28, 2013
The Clemson Tigers State
I will report tonight, but me thinks you guys are going to get sick of hearing about Sir Rod and his coils. Yes I do!

Since we are putting in our 2 cents. I have found using a 2.5 mm screwdriver and using 8 wraps of 28g gives me 1.5 ohms and allows me to put more cotton through the coil hole.

RB your only problem now is you only have one KFL. You need another... Yes you do...

rbrylawski

Sir Rod - MOL
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 11, 2014
Tampa, FL
Since we are putting in our 2 cents. I have found using a 2.5 mm screwdriver and using 8 wraps of 28g gives me 1.5 ohms and allows me to put more cotton through the coil hole.

RB your only problem now is you only have one KFL. You need another... Yes you do...

Thanks for the advice Ping. I think I'll master the first KFL+ before I remotely consider getting another! Yes I do!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread