Eleaf Lemo II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dug out the micrometer and checked. My Drop was delivered with 26. My Lemo2 came with 24.

WG.JPG

Reactions: ChiBear85

Jake67

ECF Veteran
Apr 1, 2014
Us
Anybody did a nickel build? I'm waiting for it to arrive and can't wait. Up to now the only thing that works well with nickel is the Tugboat V2. Sorry for not reading the whole thread, I'll get to it today.
I have been using 28 gauge nickel. Trapping the legs under the screws is a pain in the A-- using the holes on the deck is a problem because the screw cuts through the nickel. . I've been using it on my SX Mini M and the flavor and clouds are fantastic.
The juice consumption is crazy. I need to fill it 4-5 a daily.

Sent from my iPhone

Reactions: Susaz

Sgt.Rock

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 13, 2014
The Poconos
The wire that came with mine is 24 ga and appears to be Nichrome although I haven't built a coil with it yet (been using my 250 foot roll)

I will try to remember to build the next coil with it and test it out...it does measure the same resistance per inch as my Temco Nichrome 24...

Sgt.Rock

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 13, 2014
The Poconos
I just made a 1.2 ohm microcoil on 28awg kanthal at 1.4 mm but unsure how to go about wicking it for the lemo ll any ideas?
You may find it difficult with such a small amount of wicking to work with. I'm sure it can be done but having a thicker wick to work with makes it a bit easier.

Jdurand

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 16, 2014
Long Island, NY
I just got my Lemo 2 and have been a huge Lemo fan. Can anyone tell me how long it takes or the best method to get rid of the oil taste. I've scrubbed the heck out of this thing and let it soak in dish liquid overnight and still has a slight off taste of machine oil.

Other than that this thing ROCKS!

JoeVan

ECF Veteran
Oct 13, 2014
NC
  • Deleted by sonicdsl
  • Reason: Duplicate

JoeVan

ECF Veteran
Oct 13, 2014
NC
Ok so straight out of the box, the Lemo 2 is already put together and ready to vape. Coil is already installed (they used a 8 wrap 24 gauge micro coil at .5 ohms) and wick is already set up. Just fill and go. But being me, I decided to take it apart first and check it out.

At first look, it’s a great looking device overall. I like how the top cap is made, and the small drip tip on top of the cap is the perfect size. Nice wide bore, double O-ring, fits nice and snug, and looks great (pic below). The fill port and AFC both move effortlessly and smoothly, but fit snug enough to stay put once adjusted.

286rls.jpg

Taken apart, I had 0 remnants of any machine oil, as some others have reported. The device was spotless clean. Every piece of this thing has been machined perfectly. Every thread is buttery smooth, and there are zero signs of burrs or spurs anywhere. It’s just as an authentic device should be; manufactured perfectly.

The build deck shows a nice sized air hole, a little over 3mm wide, by my measurements (picture below). YES, IT IS a PEEK insulator you see there. Everything is spaced nicely, and once again, machining is spot on.

2ldexio.jpg

I decided to give the stock coil a go, as it looked exactly how I would have built it on my first go (picture above, minus wick as I took these after vaping it and taking it apart again).

Filling! Oh goodness the filling! So easy it’s ridiculous. Turn the fill port to open and fill. That’s it. I was using a fat tip 30 mL bottle, and it filled in less than 10 seconds.

The resistance of the stock coil came out to .5 ohms, so I ran it between 30-40 watts as I do most builds around that resistance.

I was pleasantly surprised by the airflow. Great for lung hits, which I favor. Nice thick hearty plumes, but it was lacking something… Flavor. I tried all different wattages and air flow settings to see if I could squeeze a little more flavor out of it, to no avail.

So far everything was legitimately perfect about this device except for the flavor, so I decided to do a rebuild. My go-to build for flavor is a chimney coil, so I got started on that.

The build room on this deck is outstanding. I was able to match the coil’s inner diameter to the air hole’ diameter, so I wouldn’t be losing any air flow. I did 24 gauge 9/10 wraps on a 1/8 drill bit, which came out to 0.8 ohms. Although building on this deck was much different than my past few tanks (Orchid, Goblin, Goliath) I actually found building on this deck easier than all of them, even with the strange (to me) post design.

fnyfih.jpg

After a quick heat and squeeze and wrapping the coil in a cotton blanket, It was ready to go.

er9y0g.jpg

Again, I got some good clouds, and flavor was a little improved. After a few good drags, though, the flavor went dull again. I wasn’t getting dry hits, but I wasn’t getting good flavor, either. I thought maybe the wick wasn’t broken in yet, so I vaped on it for a few hours, and let it sit in juice overnight.

This morning, came back to it; same story. I took it apart, made sure the wicks were sitting above the channels so it gets plenty of juice, and it’s still not getting the flavor I am used to. Maybe I have been spoiled by the Orchid/Goblin with flavor. Problem is, EVERYTHING about this device is exactly what I want, except flavor.

One big difference I noticed right off the bat with the stock coil, and with my first build, is that the bubbles weren’t there. Anyone with a Goblin or Goliath knows what I am talking about with the bubbles. They both wick like champions. This one doesn’t seem to drink the juice as fast. For tank longevity , this is a good thing. For flavor, as it turns out, it’s a big fat negative.

While puffing this morning, I decided to open the fill port and take a puff to purposely flood the chamber. “BOOM, there it is!” Flavor was in your face, and exactly what I was wanting. Seems to be the channels can’t keep up with thirsty builds. I am going to mill out the juice channels tonight and give it another go.

Overall, it’s all I look for in a RTA. Huge build deck, easy to build on, easy to fill. Once I get this flavor issue sorted out, I think it may put most of my stuff (I don’t think I will ever permanently shelf the Goblin) into the ‘not being used’ pile.

Being a flavor chaser, though… it’s a big fail if I can’t get that worked out.

TheKiwi

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 2, 2013
Durham, North Carolina, United States
I have been using 28 gauge nickel. Trapping the legs under the screws is a pain in the A-- using the holes on the deck is a problem because the screw cuts through the nickel. . I've been using it on my SX Mini M and the flavor and clouds are fantastic.
The juice consumption is crazy. I need to fill it 4-5 a daily.

Sent from my iPhone

Hey buddy, I use nickel exclusively on the lemo; a good way to do is is to simply wrap the leads around the screw a full round. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: JimScotty0

Sgt.Rock

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 13, 2014
The Poconos
Joevan...you may just need to make sure not to pack the cotton into or onto the juice channels. It does quite well when you give it a little room at the openings. I can lung hit this thing from fill to empty when I wick it properly but I have also wicked it improperly and had the same experience you did.

The way mine is wicked now I get big bubbles and loads of flavor.

Reactions: 52anddone

Susaz

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 8, 2009
Buenos Aires, Argentina
I just got my Lemo 2 and have been a huge Lemo fan. Can anyone tell me how long it takes or the best method to get rid of the oil taste. I've scrubbed the heck out of this thing and let it soak in dish liquid overnight and still has a slight off taste of machine oil.

Other than that this thing ROCKS!
Use some white vinegar with water.

Susaz

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 8, 2009
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Ok so straight out of the box, the Lemo 2 is already put together and ready to vape. Coil is already installed (they used a 8 wrap 24 gauge micro coil at .5 ohms) and wick is already set up. Just fill and go. But being me, I decided to take it apart first and check it out.

At first look, it’s a great looking device overall. I like how the top cap is made, and the small drip tip on top of the cap is the perfect size. Nice wide bore, double O-ring, fits nice and snug, and looks great (pic below). The fill port and AFC both move effortlessly and smoothly, but fit snug enough to stay put once adjusted.

286rls.jpg

Taken apart, I had 0 remnants of any machine oil, as some others have reported. The device was spotless clean. Every piece of this thing has been machined perfectly. Every thread is buttery smooth, and there are zero signs of burrs or spurs anywhere. It’s just as an authentic device should be; manufactured perfectly.

The build deck shows a nice sized air hole, a little over 3mm wide, by my measurements (picture below). YES, IT IS a PEEK insulator you see there. Everything is spaced nicely, and once again, machining is spot on.

2ldexio.jpg

I decided to give the stock coil a go, as it looked exactly how I would have built it on my first go (picture above, minus wick as I took these after vaping it and taking it apart again).

Filling! Oh goodness the filling! So easy it’s ridiculous. Turn the fill port to open and fill. That’s it. I was using a fat tip 30 mL bottle, and it filled in less than 10 seconds.

The resistance of the stock coil came out to .5 ohms, so I ran it between 30-40 watts as I do most builds around that resistance.

I was pleasantly surprised by the airflow. Great for lung hits, which I favor. Nice thick hearty plumes, but it was lacking something… Flavor. I tried all different wattages and air flow settings to see if I could squeeze a little more flavor out of it, to no avail.

So far everything was legitimately perfect about this device except for the flavor, so I decided to do a rebuild. My go-to build for flavor is a chimney coil, so I got started on that.

The build room on this deck is outstanding. I was able to match the coil’s inner diameter to the air hole’ diameter, so I wouldn’t be losing any air flow. I did 24 gauge 9/10 wraps on a 1/8 drill bit, which came out to 0.8 ohms. Although building on this deck was much different than my past few tanks (Orchid, Goblin, Goliath) I actually found building on this deck easier than all of them, even with the strange (to me) post design.

fnyfih.jpg

After a quick heat and squeeze and wrapping the coil in a cotton blanket, It was ready to go.

er9y0g.jpg

Again, I got some good clouds, and flavor was a little improved. After a few good drags, though, the flavor went dull again. I wasn’t getting dry hits, but I wasn’t getting good flavor, either. I thought maybe the wick wasn’t broken in yet, so I vaped on it for a few hours, and let it sit in juice overnight.

This morning, came back to it; same story. I took it apart, made sure the wicks were sitting above the channels so it gets plenty of juice, and it’s still not getting the flavor I am used to. Maybe I have been spoiled by the Orchid/Goblin with flavor. Problem is, EVERYTHING about this device is exactly what I want, except flavor.

One big difference I noticed right off the bat with the stock coil, and with my first build, is that the bubbles weren’t there. Anyone with a Goblin or Goliath knows what I am talking about with the bubbles. They both wick like champions. This one doesn’t seem to drink the juice as fast. For tank longevity , this is a good thing. For flavor, as it turns out, it’s a big fat negative.

While puffing this morning, I decided to open the fill port and take a puff to purposely flood the chamber. “BOOM, there it is!” Flavor was in your face, and exactly what I was wanting. Seems to be the channels can’t keep up with thirsty builds. I am going to mill out the juice channels tonight and give it another go.

Overall, it’s all I look for in a RTA. Huge build deck, easy to build on, easy to fill. Once I get this flavor issue sorted out, I think it may put most of my stuff (I don’t think I will ever permanently shelf the Goblin) into the ‘not being used’ pile.

Being a flavor chaser, though… it’s a big fail if I can’t get that worked out.
I build my Lemos at around 1 ohm, I'm a mouth to lung hitter so I don't like that much air. Also the chimney is way too big, that's why the Goblin wins in flavor over this one. With those builds and vaping it 2/3 of the way closed, flavor hasn't failed me, although little vapor. They need to revamp the chimney size pronto...

Susaz

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 8, 2009
Buenos Aires, Argentina
This atty is not ever gonna be a one-fits-all design but the chimney size is perfect for lung hitters...there are plenty of smaller chimney designs out there for m-t-l hitters but few tanks with chimneys like this one for us lung hitters.
Errr, no. Goblin, KF, Squape and that's it. Unfortunately, except for the Goblin that is a PITA to build, all chimneys are huge. The evap chamber is not the chimney, that should be smaller to allow for better flavor.

AND a smaller chimney could be offered as an option.

Sgt.Rock

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 13, 2014
The Poconos
...... Also the chimney is way too big, that's why the Goblin wins in flavor over this one. With those builds and vaping it 2/3 of the way closed, flavor hasn't failed me, although little vapor. They need to revamp the chimney size pronto...
You said Chimney

I'd be fine with a smaller evap chamber but leave the chimney alone.

MidwestGuy

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 17, 2014
Iowa
Sorry to those that are experiencing muted/lack of flavor... offering my personal experiences:

I've tried too many RTAs to name here, and the Lemo and Lemo 2 are by far the most flavorful for me. That being said, for some reason, I get barely any flavor when using 28 gauge wire as opposed to 30 gauge wire. I can't even begin to imagine all of the variables at play here, it may have nothing to do with wire gauge, it may have everything to do with wire gauge, who knows. There are just so many other variables that could be colliding with each other (temperature, spacing, wicking, height off the deck, liquid flow, wire-surface-to-wick contact area, hot legs, airflow, bad wire, power settings, etc. etc.) which makes it nearly impossible to even speculate.

So, I use 30AWG Ni200, 8 spaced heavily-tensioned wraps with a ~3.2mm I.D. If I do the exact same build using 28AWG, the flavor is very noticeably muted no matter what I do. Not burnt, vapor production is the same, vape is smooth, just no flavor... I've been fiddling with settings, airflow adjustments, etc. and I cannot for the life of me get the same flavor. I have no idea why. I go back to 30AWG and all is fine.

NOTE: The only reason I was trying 28AWG is because the wire is a little easier to work with/not as brittle, and because it's easier to get to a target recommended resistance of .065Ohms for my Yihi SX Mini M.

Weird. So, offering my personal opinion: Give some thinner wire a try and see if you notice a difference!

Reactions: 52anddone
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread