Travel and Vaping You think this mod would get through TSA ok?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DreamWithin

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 15, 2012
New England
You shouldn't have any problem. I've carried my Hana on two trips and didn't even get a flinch out of the TSA agents either time. The only PV I ever had a reaction to was the Darwin a few years back (they backed the tray under the scanner a second time and another agent looked and said it was okay), but that really was a weird looking device at the time :2c:

And leaving the battery in is fine ;-)

bohrdom

ECF Veteran
Jan 9, 2014
Foster City, CA, USA
Yeah I travel a lot and always have a couple of mods with me. juice goes in the toiletries bag, take the mods out and put them in the tray separate from the luggage (next to your phone and shoes / etc). Not that it's required to take them out, but if they want a second look that will keep them from digging through your bag to try and find the "weird looking thing" from the x-ray images.

HecticEnergy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
TX, USA
I've traveled alot with several mods.. egos, mechs, large regulated tube mods, cloupor hana clone (no branding), juice, drippers, tanks, wick, wire, the whole shebang.
General travel rules:
Batterys ALWAYS go in the carry on. they could explode if put in the cargo hold.
Juice goes in a separate sandwich bag in my quart size ziplock bag with other liquids (not necessary, but I dont want eliquid all over my shampoo bottle... or visa versa)

I usually keep a mod in my pocket in the airport, and throw that in with my cellphone to be scanned.
I've traveled several times to and from SLC , AUS, LAX, and Medford Oregon's airport. They've never taken a second look.

sd3614

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 7, 2015
MIDWEST USA
I've traveled alot with several mods.. egos, mechs, large regulated tube mods, cloupor hana clone (no branding), juice, drippers, tanks, wick, wire, the whole shebang.
General travel rules:
Batterys ALWAYS go in the carry on. they could explode if put in the cargo hold.
Juice goes in a separate sandwich bag in my quart size ziplock bag with other liquids (not necessary, but I dont want eliquid all over my shampoo bottle... or visa versa)

I usually keep a mod in my pocket in the airport, and throw that in with my cellphone to be scanned.
I've traveled several times to and from SLC , AUS, LAX, and Medford Oregon's airport. They've never taken a second look.

Good to know

iamthevoice

ECF Veteran
Jul 9, 2014
Ottawa, Canada
I'm just back from several weeks of travelling and simply put my box mod in with my phone and other assorted stuff to scan through security. Nobody said a thing, although one agent chatted me up for at least 5 minutes on my mod (he vaped too!).

I had leakage from my KFL+ during my first flight, until I realised that I had to store it upside down during flight to prevent air pressure changes from pushing the liquid out through the airflow. Every flight after, I just stuck it in the seat back pocket upside down and not a leak.

LetsGetDigital

Verified Member
Nov 27, 2012
Minneapolis, MN USA
I'm just back from several weeks of travelling and simply put my box mod in with my phone and other assorted stuff to scan through security. Nobody said a thing, although one agent chatted me up for at least 5 minutes on my mod (he vaped too!).

I had leakage from my KFL+ during my first flight, until I realised that I had to store it upside down during flight to prevent air pressure changes from pushing the liquid out through the airflow. Every flight after, I just stuck it in the seat back pocket upside down and not a leak.

Great tip! I've definitely had issues w/ tanks leaking all over the place on airplanes, especially since I'm often flying from the plains of the midwest out to Colorado :)

I've flown between Canada, USA, Mexico a few times with mods, tanks, juice and had no problems. I keep it all in my carry on and make sure the juice is in the liquids bag. I wouldn't put mine in checked luggage because it's much easier to explain what the stuff is and even demonstrate if required. (I'm pretty sure lipo batteries aren't allowed in checked luggage anyway.) Don't expect to find juice at any airports either, I've had zero luck on that front so far. Was hoping to see something new.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread