Not open for further replies.

PaulieD

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 15, 2012
Beach
MY 5 DAY REVIEW

The Dovpo GX-200 is a hybrid Mechanical mod with built in safety protection that is capable of sub-ohming to as low as .2 Ohms.
This an advanced vaping unit and should not even be considered by novice vapers.
This would be the time to mention Battery Safety! Be sure to be completely familiar with all the do's and don'ts of sub-ohm vaping before you proceed.
Here is a thread right here on ECF that should be read and understood before using any advanced sub-ohm vaping device.
http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...-discussion-safety-battery-info-warnings.html

The manufacturers website is here: DOVPO GX-200-New products-Shenzhen Dovpo Technology Co., Ltd

There will be one of these given away this week here on ECF.

5472dd9522e98.jpg

Packaging:
The box is clear plastic has a black plastic half box inside with a padded seat to hold the device that is nicely made. It is sealed with round plastic sticky dots on 4 sides. It offers an authentic scratch and check code that can be verified at the Dovpo site. The specs are clearly printed and easily viewable on the bottom of the box. The manual was clear and easy to read. It also comes with a USB/mini USB charging cable, a small phillips head screwdriver and a replacement screw for the adjustable 510 pin.

Build Quality:
I have a tool and diemaker background so I carefully examined the build of the mod itself and the electronics.
This is an aluminum flat black mod and will not show fingerprints easily. It has nicely beveled edges on the front of the device that have been taken down to polished aluminum and it wipes clean easily. This mod is much lighter in weight than the previously reviewed E-Mech. The designs and model number are painted onto the device. The back door or battery door is held in place by firm magnets and it has a slight recess on the bottom of the mod that allows easy removal of the battery door. There is an OLED window beneath the firing button that is on the left side of the mod just beneath the top 510 connection. It displays the remaining voltage of the battery when depressed, there are no other numbers dispalyed. The design and placement are ergonomically well positioned.I took off the battery door and closely examined the battery box and connections. The battery box is made of plastic and takes 2 - 18650 batteries in parallel. It will only fit flat top batteries. The spring and contacts are firmly in place.
The 510 connection is on the top of the device on the same side as the firing button. It has an adjustable connection with what looks like a small adjustable brass screw as the firing pin. It is flush mounted so tanks can be screwed on and will be flush with the top. It has 4 air slots on the top of the connection along with 4 tiny screws that appear to be able to be used to remove the 510 connection. I did not dismantle this device.
The firing button is clicky and firm....but when not pressed and if you shake the mod rigorously you can hear a slight rattle sound with or without the tank or atomzer attached. It does not affect performance at all and the mod must be shaken hard to hear it. It should not rattle under normal use.

Function/Usage:
I have used this device for 5 days, but I am not a sub-ohm vaper having used it with a 1.8 ohm BVC coil in Vivi Nova tank.
According to Ohm's Law with a fully charged 4.2 battery and a .2 ohm resistance it should push 88 watts and 21 amps. However it has a 20 amp maximum output so that should work out to 80 watts with 4 volts. So it fits nicely between the 50-100 watt range. It has a 15 second shutoff for extra long lung hits.
I have experienced pretty long battery life of 32 vaping hours using Panasonic NCR18650BD 3200 mah 10 amp batteries (remember I am not sub-ohming so batteries are fine at this range.). I vape 7-10 ml a day so that is good battery life.
Everything worked as it should in the time I have used this mod. I love all the safety features that I will list below and are also at the manufacturers website listed above. I recommend this mod especially to sub-ohmers because of the protection circuits buit into this mod.

Specs:

1. Working voltage 3.2- 4.2V2. Max output 20A
3. Output voltage is the same as battery voltage
4. Lowest resistance 0.2ohm
5. Low voltage protection < 3. 2V
6. Over current protection > 30A
7. Two 18650 batteries parallel connection, can be charged with micro USB cable or 18650 charger
8. Short -circuit and reverse connection of the battery power terminal , will be protected
9. The height of the connector's positive electrode can be adjusted by screwdriver
10. Charging voltage: Micro charger DC5V
11. Max charging current : 800mA
12. Automatic circuit -breaker triggered after 15 seconds smoking.

Last edited:

PaulieD

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 15, 2012
Beach
I ordered the DOVPO GX-200 on Dec.4 and paid a total $30.10 US. I found it on Vaping Cheap Deals,it was too good to pass up being how I cannot buy the parts for that price if I were to build it myself. I also liked the safety features it has for being a mech made of aluminum.FASTTECH is the shipper,so no telling when it gets to my house but no problem.

desync0

ECF Veteran
Mar 30, 2009
Ontario, Canada
I picked one of up from a B&M the other day. So far I like it a lot, I was going to build a mosfet or OKR boxmod, but this was cheaper then parts alone so I figure why not. It hit's harder then my Sigeli #13 hands down.

The only complaints I have is it's really meant for flat top batteries, but my button top EFest's did fit but they're probably never coming back out (the spring is 100% compressed), and the 510 connection could be better. It's almost like the diameter is just a hair too big, once the atty is screwed tight to the center pin it's fine though. Also the center pin could be tighter, a few tanks will cause the pin the thread down requiring me to remove the tank and adjust the pin again.

The rest of the build quality and finish is nice, the magnets are strong enough I'm not worried about them, the battery box is way nicer then my hana dna clone.

Only want would be an off switch or locking mechanism, but the button seems firm enough to be say front shirt pocket friendly, maybe not pants pocket friendly.

Also, I should mention I bought it with the intentions of eventually taking it apart and adding an OKR or Raptor if there's room and replacing the 510 with something like a low-pro fat daddy 510.

Overall for a "safer" dual 18650 mechbox I'd give it an 7/10, it would've been a 9/10 if everything I screwed on to it wasn't wobbly until fully seated.

Worth the $60 (Canadian) I paid? Since I'm impatient yes, worth $30-40 online definitely.

Reactions: Pufferfish04

Durtmane

Aug 20, 2010
Bama
Have had it about a week. My 510 threads are fine. My only gripe is the drainage. I thought that the batteries would drain evenly. I find myself rotating batts. When I remove the batts and place them on charge, one battery is full and one is drained. Other than that I paid $45 for it and I don't love it but like it. It'll do until I step it up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread