SMOK Guardian 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I grabbed a 5 pack of coils for the Atlantis already having plenty for the Nautilus when getting two additional spare coils free on an Aspire promotional card when ordering three of the five.total from one vendor. Right afterwards the same vendor bumped the price up from $28 to $45. The only coils I typically rewick would the Smoktech for the Tumblers on the eGo type VW batteries and those for the Kanger Aerotank Mini and Mega tanks that take Protank 3 replacements.

With the Nautilus tanks used on the Guardian II I run them about 7-11w depending on what goes into which tank. Some I still run at 13w however but end up swapping batteries a bit sooner for fresh ones.

350ZMO

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 7, 2014
Alabama
www.ecigarette411.com
It's possible that SV just hasn't gotten the new ones in yet. Couldn't tell you: I haven't bought coils in awhile (first rebuilding Aspire and Kanger coils, now doin RTAs)

Plus getting rid of old stock first. I thought I gave up cartridges a couple years ago but I like the look of the mini on the G2 with a 19mm beauty ring. And since I went DNA40 gave up all my Kanthal have to reorder some LOL. I've been eyeing the G2 though. I might could fit a DNA25 with some milling if I knew how it came apart.

I grabbed a 5 pack of coils for the Atlantis already having plenty for the Nautilus when getting two additional spare coils free on an Aspire promotional card when ordering three of the five.total from one vendor. Right afterwards the same vendor bumped the price up from $28 to $45. The only coils I typically rewick would the Smoktech for the Tumblers on the eGo type VW batteries and those for the Kanger Aerotank Mini and Mega tanks that take Protank 3 replacements.

With the Nautilus tanks used on the Guardian II I run them about 7-11w depending on what goes into which tank. Some I still run at 13w however but end up swapping batteries a bit sooner for fresh ones.

Wow that's a big jump. That's the price of a couple new attys from FT. With 7, I'll have plenty for rebuilds.

:toast::vapor:

What it was happened to be me finding the smile.Amazon seller after ordering 3 Nautilus tanks one from each of three sellers there when getting the promo card with two more 1.8ohm coils tossed in. The vendor was having running with the factory intro deal until I found their regular site and ordered two more tanks with the total of four coils one installed, one spare, and two promo to grab the extra pair when replacing other tanks.

They then realized that they should be selling them at the full retail? Or wanted to keep anyone from grabbing the bargain while I was buying to upgrade multiples at the time. Of course this was after Black Friday where I ordered from the other two vendors and got the next two during the following week once the first three ordered arrived giving me a total of five Nautilus, two with complete stainless steel replacement tanks on for use on Vamos, I keep two with the Guardian II while I am ordering another Atlantis to replace the one I ordered as a spare but put to use on the Guardian I mech epipe.

You can't beat that any when you have two epipe mods by the same company where each sees a different tank also made by one company while still being different manufacturers. The Nautilus 5ml and even Mini for the G2 and the Atlantis working with a particular menthol flavor on the G1. :)

Elyptic

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 16, 2014
Upstate NY
I have not yet, but I have a sub tank Mini on order. When it gets here next week I can try it out.

Nice!

I don't think the sub ohm could will work well (even at 15W it's barely enough power) but the rebuildable deck built to 1.5-1.8 ohms would be about perfect!

Bits scrambled by Tapatalk...

The sub ohm tanks won't fire on the Guardian III but will on the Guardian I mechanical version that proceeded it. The Nautilus has shown itself to be an excellent choice due to the wattage range of 6-15w while sub ohm tanks favor 10+ w. I found that out fast when getting into the first Atlantis tank and trying it out on the Innokin iTaste VTR which sees the 3-15w range and having to turn it all the way up to the 15w max until getting a new 50w capable of firing coils and atomizers below 0.8ohm.

When trying out different tanks like the Smok Tumbler, the Smok T-Dux 4.0, Kanger Aerotank Mini and Mega tanks, and the Nautilus the Nautilus 5ml and Mini tanks I ended up staying with the 5ml being the best performer. I tried the Atlantis on it when mine first came in having the 0.5ohm and simply put No Go! If you are able to get 1+ohm coils for the tank you ordered which might be aftermarket 3rd party types you might have better results but the epipe isn't sub ohm capable as a rule.

Elyptic

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 16, 2014
Upstate NY
The sub ohm tanks won't fire on the Guardian III but will on the Guardian I mechanical version that proceeded it. The Nautilus has shown itself to be an excellent choice due to the wattage range of 6-15w while sub ohm tanks favor 10+ w. I found that out fast when getting into the first Atlantis tank and trying it out on the Innokin iTaste VTR which sees the 3-15w range and having to turn it all the way up to the 15w max until getting a new 50w capable of firing coils and atomizers below 0.8ohm.

When trying out different tanks like the Smok Tumbler, the Smok T-Dux 4.0, Kanger Aerotank Mini and Mega tanks, and the Nautilus the Nautilus 5ml and Mini tanks I ended up staying with the 5ml being the best performer. I tried the Atlantis on it when mine first came in having the 0.5ohm and simply put No Go! If you are able to get 1+ohm coils for the tank you ordered which might be aftermarket 3rd party types you might have better results but the epipe isn't sub ohm capable as a rule.

Agree. My biggest draw to the Kanger Subtank Mini is that it's 22mm, and also comes with a standard build deck which would allow me to build whatever coil I wanted. I was thinking of building a 1.5 ohm coil using 30 gauge kanthal. That should be really nice between 8-12 watts.

I'm just curious if anyone has tried it!

I haven't even tried the Kanger sub ohm while I do have a pair of iSmoka Eleaf Melo tanks on order. But since the vendor is located in Hong Kong it will take a bit of time to get those in. The Nautlilus tanks I have in use on mine are presently running the 1.8ohm coils and have been working out. But for each different tank you will still want to go with what works best for your own needs. Different ejuices at the same wattages often may end needing a different resistance per tank design.

AgentMSG

Verified Member
Jul 23, 2013
Florida
I got mine a few weeks ago, I love it! Right now I've got it set up with an Aris RDA clone and a churchwarden stem from epipe mods. Never built a coil before, but I've got it set up right now and it's great! Hadn't yet built the coil when I took the pic.
vX8I7ic.jpg

The stem looks nice but a bit too long for use here. I simply went for one Smoktech was offering for their series of epipe mods. The 510 tips on the Aspire Atlantis sub ohm or Nautilus tanks works out for the Guardian I mech version while I generally run a Nautilus with the SMOK extension tip on the G2. Still looking to grab one that resembles the traditional tip however for the G2.

I grabbed a Big Dripper(clone) RDA to try out a rebuild with a pair of 24awe premade coils included as well as wrapping up some 32awe wire on one found on Amazon to no avail. The thing simply would not fire. Shortly after that the Nautilus and then just Atlantis tanks came into focus for both of the Guardian models. The G2 will most likely run into some issues at times with the RDA if you go below the 1ohm mark since it won't fire sub ohms in general. The first being a mech as well as the other 18350,18500, 18650 models with or without battery extender will go low.

As for which 18350s to go for I found some high drain 1200mah batteries that help over the 700-800mah typically seen since you can only plan shorter periods of use as for something like a lunch break or an after dinner vape session and not for all day use. For the first VW model by Smoktech it could use an 18650 extender of it's own to get more battery time being the one drawbck with the otherwise excellent mod.

Dancin_Joe

Apr 28, 2015
Has anyone here been able to find a replacement head for the guardian 2?

Last week started firing intermittently and then stopped completely the next morning. Still lights up, and switches between wattages - even reads correctly on an ohm reader! - but when any resistance is detected nothing happens. It'll light up like it's firing, no shorting, and the cutoff still goes if held down long enough. Was pulling out my hair trying to figure it out for a few days, and finally called Sweet Vapes to see if they had any clue. Went into the shop (also live in Sheboygan:D) to show them what I was talking about, and they were just as baffled. I asked if he minded sticking the display model Guardian head on it, and it fired right up! He wasn't able to find any warranty info from Smok, and I'd rather not pay full price for a new one (purchased back in Feb, so SV can't cover it); especially if it's possible I may run into the same situation...

Just to note, never dropped it, never went below 1.2 ohms, and Mike(?) at SV said it looked like it was straight out of the box - despite being my Main PV for the last 3 months! Considered emailing Smok's quality team, but thought I'd ask you fine folks first...

I doubt you will find any separate replacement parts being sold. One idea however to avoid the full retail cost for a replacement would be a private sale. You might even find someone who would swap one they bought new for another mod. But the only separate parts typically found for any epipe would battery exterders and the numerous pipe style tips.

Dancin_Joe

Apr 28, 2015
What about contacting Smok directly? I may have misread previous posts, not sure if there's been any contact to them for previous issues mentioned...

Doubt I would make a trade knowing the head can be hit or miss like that (or fail after a quarter year of heavy use while treating it with care). I've also got the original Guardian, Pioneer, and Prospect that I snagged when I switched from pipe tobacco to vaping; and since then I've made my own 18350 mosfet pipe and converted a German ceramic 'gesteckpfeife' to an 18500 mosfet build (not to mention fitting tips from actual pipe stems to all the Smoks!); so I'm not at a loss for mods - just have sentimental attachment to the one that finally got me off the stinky stuff :(

even made a custom stand for it:
lRjSKHD.jpg

I can't say for sure if Smoktech would ship a replacement to you directly. This is something you have to find out on your own by contacting them directly. Typically the customer support for companies like that is set up more for wholesale inquiries unless something falls under a manufacturer's warranty.

Dancin_Joe

Apr 28, 2015
Alrighty!

So it's been about 2 weeks since I emailed Smok. Let them know what the issue was, and found out via their site that if the mod is covered by the vendor for less than 90 days from date of purchase (in this case, Sweet Vapes 30 day warranty) then Smok's will cover within the 90 days with receipt of purchase (and for the price of shipping and postage on the return). So that was back on the 6th, and my 90 day warranty ran out on the 12th. And they still haven't replied to me... at all. Outlook isn't good on this, and I can't help but feel that Smok as a whole doesn't care too much about quality control on their devices.

Guess I'm back to hoping for a cheap head unit from someone who may have dropped and cracked the wood portion, but still has a working control!

Most vendors only see a 30 return or instant for anything DOA. At least now you know for sure there's a 90 day warranty to cover defects at Smoktech. That is commonly seen for a great number of manufacturers. And you have to be prompt as well as persistent in order to get anywhere. Otherwise they will likely snowball you if not a large enough annoyance getting in their faces enough!

I think you will find that most manufacturers will tend to be slow while you would get further sooner if it had been a domestic company. Be sure your junk mail/spam filters aren't set too high as that will tend to shove new emails into the junk folders. I see that enough having my own set to "Exclusive" and then simply click on the "add to contacts" with the legit sources like a new vendor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread