Subtank mini coil lifespan!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

thirty8_4life

Apr 28, 2015
Hi guys....i have had the subtank mini for about two weeks now and already had to replace a head and the other is tasting burnt already. How long do your coils last you if using them all day?? i have a delta 2 also and the coils were lasting 3 times as long(usually 3 weeks ) and using the same juice. Just wonderin what everyone else is getting out of them..thanks

inspects

Squonkamaniac
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 15, 2014
Arizona, Ecuador
Hi guys....i have had the subtank mini for about two weeks now and already had to replace a head and the other is tasting burnt already. How long do your coils last you if using them all day?? i have a delta 2 also and the coils were lasting 3 times as long(usually 3 weeks ) and using the same juice. Just wonderin what everyone else is getting out of them..thanks

Stick a very small sharp bobby pin in both sides of the cotton (gently and slow), about a third of the way in on both sides of the coil, then pull some cotton outward (not much) and fluff it all the way around the outside of the OCC coil using the bobby pin....it works, coils last longer and they will take high VG better too.

Reactions: Ramsay Bolton

Wolfenstark

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 1, 2014
Perth , Australia
can you achieve 0.5 - 0.7 with the 26g ?

Im going to say no probably not.
You end up with a longish leg length and for say 0.6Ω your looking at around 3.5 wraps.
Ive found when rebuilding the OCC it likes the coil to be as wide as the hole on top of the coil case.

Wolfenstark

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 1, 2014
Perth , Australia
ive actually tried rebuilding the OCC on my original subtank with 22g and 24g , with the 22g , it was impossible to put it back together and with the 24g it alsmost always got shorts so i have up . If I buy 26g , will it be worth it ? By that I mean , will i be getting any plastic taste ?

My rebuilds ( since i got it the right way) have been very good.

miro011

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Mar 28, 2015
Canada
My rebuilds ( since i got it the right way) have been very good.

oh and btw , since you know about this stuff , I would like to ask you , my Subtank mini OCC coils have Orange insulators , while my Subtank original have white . When I go on fasttech , there is a pack of 5 for 10 bucks but the insulators are white , but it says authentic , should I believe them or not ?

Wolfenstark

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 1, 2014
Perth , Australia
26 g 3mm 5.5 wraps slightly spaced - same to slightly larger coil length than top hole on coil case.
Thread wire through the top hole and out the bottom , poke a drill bit i use 2.5mm through the side hole through the coil and out the other end to hold coil in place.
Thread one wire through rubber grommet then bend away , then bend the other wire and insert metal 510 pin and press it in firmly.
Then cut off the excess , need to get as close to the coil as possible. Any wire sticking out even a small bit won't be able to screw coil in and even if you do high chance of a short.
Take out drill bet gently , you want it all to be straight - hole in side of casing - coil - hole in side of casing.
Check your resistance
Then I get kgd ( I peel off the outer layers on each side of the pad.) Take a width of 12 - 15mm ( this is whats worked for me) twist one end and thread through coil case and the coil and out the other side. It is tight going through but be gentle don't want the coil to get crooked.
Then I cut the wick ends about 2mm _ you can measure this as eyeballing it may not be accurate - although after measuring a few times I do eyeball it now.
Then i fluff the outside of the ends and gently tuck them into the sides.
The put some juice on the coil and on each side of the casing and check the resistance and for any shorts.
Screw it back on tank and wait a minute then vape.

Reactions: dhood
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread