Status
Not open for further replies.

DavidOck

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2013
Halfway to Paradise, WA
Our dear OP has moved to greener pastures, but I'm sure glad to see a few of us in here. Altho I don't use mine all that often, I STILL want that darn green vine one!! What is WRONG with me! :D

It's a disease. The only cure is to go cold turkey and send all your gear and supplies to me. I'll see that everything is properly cleaned and sterilized, and send it right back. Promise. :tumble:

bg1188

Jan 14, 2010
Tampa, FL
Hey guys, wow I haven't posted on ECF in years...

Anyways, I just got the VV4 and I am in absolute love with it, but I have one concern: After firing, the battery makes a ticking noise about 4 or 5 times then stops. This happens every time I depress the fire button. Is this normal behavior or should I be concerned?

A little off topic, but my husband has the istick 30 and I'm not the biggest fan of the build quality...does Innokin have something comparable(for when I get into subohm vaping)?

Thanks and I'm sorry if this isn't the right place to post this.

Reactions: Katdarling

USMCotaku

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 25, 2014
California
Hey guys, wow I haven't posted on ECF in years...

Anyways, I just got the VV4 and I am in absolute love with it, but I have one concern: After firing, the battery makes a ticking noise about 4 or 5 times then stops. This happens every time I depress the fire button. Is this normal behavior or should I be concerned?

A little off topic, but my husband has the istick 30 and I'm not the biggest fan of the build quality...does Innokin have something comparable(for when I get into subohm vaping)?

Thanks and I'm sorry if this isn't the right place to post this.
I don't know about the ticking... Could be something simple like the button popping back into position.
If you want to stick with innokin but try sub ohm, you will need to look at the MVP 3.0. It's not as small as the istick 30w, but it's a good device, 30 watts, fires down to .4 ohms I believe, good battery life. I also heard that innokin is releasing a new version, the MVP 3.0 pro.... Haven't seen any specs on it yet though

Reactions: DavidOck

bg1188

Jan 14, 2010
Tampa, FL
I don't know about the ticking... Could be something simple like the button popping back into position.
If you want to stick with innokin but try sub ohm, you will need to look at the MVP 3.0. It's not as small as the istick 30w, but it's a good device, 30 watts, fires down to .4 ohms I believe, good battery life. I also heard that innokin is releasing a new version, the MVP 3.0 pro.... Haven't seen any specs on it yet though

So I think I figured it out. When I press the power button to check settings, puffs, etc. It does the same thing(without firing). I think it's the screen ticking when it turns off. I don't think it's that big of a deal. Would suck if it went out tho. Thanks for the reply

r77r7r

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
  • Feb 15, 2011
    Pa,LandOfTaxes
    Mine served me well but went bad about the same time the Istick came out so I moved to them.

They were either doing an Auto-ON thing or stuck on thing, but no longer safe to use. 9-10 months out of the 2 of them, not bad but my Joye Upgrades were fine after 2+ yrs.

They were a nice move up. Saw that the V3's are quite cheap now.

Reactions: gerrymi

amoret

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Oct 2, 2013
    Sharon, ND, USA
    Anyone still puffin some VV V3 love? Backups, even??
    They are still my favorites. I did have an attack of shinyitis last winter and got a V4, an Istick 20W (loathe it) and an MVP3, but the VV v3s are still what I use most. Of course for me weight is an issue fairly often, though I have figured out how to leave my MVP3 kind of laying on my shoulder so I can avoid the heavy lifting.

I still have four VV v3s going, though one is slowly dying. The green vine was also a casualty:(. I'm still guessing, based on my limited sample, that the Nature series were made differently in some way. Two of the three I've had have died of electronics problems. The only one still working is a replacement for one of the dead ones. (But I want another green vine anyhow.;)) But other than the nature series I've only had one completely die in over a year and a half - and that one was an example of why they added more rivets. :blush:

Reactions: gerrymi

USMCotaku

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 25, 2014
    California
    They are still my favorites. I did have an attack of shinyitis last winter and got a V4, an Istick 20W (loathe it) and an MVP3, but the VV v3s are still what I use most. Of course for me weight is an issue fairly often, though I have figured out how to leave my MVP3 kind of laying on my shoulder so I can avoid the heavy lifting.

I still have four VV v3s going, though one is slowly dying. The green vine was also a casualty:(. I'm still guessing, based on my limited sample, that the Nature series were made differently in some way. Two of the three I've had have died of electronics problems. The only one still working is a replacement for one of the dead ones. (But I want another green vine anyhow.;)) But other than the nature series I've only had one completely die in over a year and a half - and that one was an example of why they added more rivets. :blush:
    If you are marginally handy, you could swap the electronics out of one of the regular ones into the dead green vine.....:p

amoret

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Oct 2, 2013
    Sharon, ND, USA
    If you are marginally handy, you could swap the electronics out of one of the regular ones into the dead green vine.....:p

That's why I'm keeping the green one. But since I'm no longer handy, I need to wait until I have help.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread