What do I need to know about using a reo?

Status
Not open for further replies.

RuDawg7890

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 19, 2013
Sinking Spring, PA, USA
i'm so sorry RuDawg7890 - i never thought to ask you how you acquired your name, let alone a super awesome one.

T
Ha no problem, thanks!

Well, when I was in the Navy and reported to my boat, a fast attack submarine, everyone had to work in the galley for at least 90 days at first. When I showed up in the galley, the head cook asked me what my name was, I said "Gaul". Then he asks " what's your last name?" I thought maybe he didn't hear it the first time, so I says "Gaul", and he kind of looked at me funny. About a week later, I realize he's calling me Paul! I said " Daryl, why are you calling me Paul?!"! He says " well, that's your name, right, Paul Gaul?!"! I say "Nooo my name is Dave!!" So soon enough, everyone starts calling me "Paul Gaul"! One of the Torpedomen, who I eventually became good friends with, started calling me "Rupaul Gaul"!! After a while, it got old, so I kindly asked him to stop. He liked to call everyone "dawg". So he says "ok, how about I call you RuDawg?" And it stuck. In the early stages of the inter webs, I used RuDawg as my name. After while, it was frequently already taken, imagine that!! So I added the "7890" and haven't had a conflict since (count the letters in "Rudawg" is six letters, so then 7890). So there you go!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Debadoo

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2012
Texas, near Fort Hood
I think I might have REO fever!
Even the "cure" won't cure that!! But it sure is fun to have!!

Someone needs to post a black wrinkle LP mini on the classies! My Grande needs a little sister!

Don't forget to also ask Rob periodically about blem ones. They'll be less $$ but have new contacts and 510.

Just a friendly reminder to go easy talkin bout other devices since this is the forum Rob pays for. I know it's easy to forget where we are. :)

As to building, it seems very intimidating, but with the coil master, if you can turn a knob, count and thread a needle......you can build an Rm2.

Debadoo

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2012
Texas, near Fort Hood
Yep! I got the coil master right after I got my REO and it has been wonderful! I get a great coil every time!

And I edited my last post! Sorry! I do love my Reo!
thanks, but oops, everything after the blem was just to folks in general not to you, thought the spaces would do that...but realize it didn't. sorry wasn't peggin you for the other stuff.

Debadoo

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2012
Texas, near Fort Hood
I feel your pain hun! I hung around a couple months or so doin the same thing. Then got incredibly blessed!! Wish I could help ya out!! But when ya get it maybe I can do sumpthin small to help. I know you like NT, but what flavors of juice do you normally use? If you could stand to do a lil more DIY (think you said you gave that up) you could get to your goal quicker maybe

Nikinic

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 13, 2012
Utah
I feel your pain hun! I hung around a couple months or so doin the same thing. Then got incredibly blessed!! Wish I could help ya out!! But when ya get it maybe I can do sumpthin small to help. I know you like NT, but what flavors of juice do you normally use? If you could stand to do a lil more DIY (think you said you gave that up) you could get to your goal quicker maybe
I keep reading in here, gathering all the information and it just makes me wanna rob a bank lol. I think it will make it all that much sweeter when I finally save up for it too :) Thank you for your kind offer, you have been great at making me feel welcome and giving me advice. Believe me you have done plenty.

Debadoo

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2012
Texas, near Fort Hood
awwwwwww sometimes I hope I'm not bein a pest. lol I'm just a big goofball. don't know much about the technical parts but I'm a great cheeleader!! lol
yay Pigtail Cheerleader.gif

Nikinic

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 13, 2012
Utah
Nikinic, what color have you chosen for your first REO? (See what I did there? [emoji38]) Based strictly on your avatar, I can totally see you with a metallic purple or metallic blue....

Just curious.
Lol yup I'm looking at the metallic purple :)

oldbroad

don't need no dang title..I'm queen of the world!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 5, 2009
Lower Mich.
Well I'm a little late to the party, bu i wanted to welcome you and tell you that the Reo is the best vaping device on the planet.

When i got my first e-ci g it was an EgoTwist/cartos. For a long time when i got my first Reo I used the 510 atties and they were eye-opening as far as the amount of vapor and especially the taste of my juices! And I only had to drip thru the DT! Then the BF RDA's hit the scene but I was real slow at attempting them...and scared! There all I use now! And I make my own liquid!

As others have said, there's many many folks here that will be more than glad to answer any questions you have. even if you think they're dumb( ask me how I know:rolleyes:)

C'mon in, sit a while and you'll never wanna leave!

super_X_drifter

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 4, 2012
Somewhere out there
www.youtube.com
The huge difference between the kuro koiler and the coil master is that the poles are removable on the coil master. That puts it over the top IMO. the pole on the kuro deal is built in. That would make it tough to mount a coil in the atty on the kuro handle no?The removable poles on the master are the perfect size and weight for coil mounting :)

slappy3139

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 8, 2013
New Iberia, LA, USA
The huge difference between the kuro koiler and the coil master is that the poles are removable on the coil master. That puts it over the top IMO. the pole on the kuro deal is built in. That would make it tough to mount a coil in the atty on the kuro handle no?The removable poles on the master are the perfect size and weight for coil mounting :)
The Kuro coiler's rods can be pulled out by loosening an Allen screw on the body that locks the rod into the body.

super_X_drifter

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 4, 2012
Somewhere out there
www.youtube.com
The Kuro coiler's rods can be pulled out by loosening an Allen screw on the body that locks the rod into the body.

10-4. I didn't know that. But I would like my previous post to read "very easilly (no tools) removed poles with built in stops on the coil master put it over the top IMO "

Reactions: Debadoo

RuDawg7890

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 19, 2013
Sinking Spring, PA, USA
10-4. I didn't know that. But I would like my previous post to read "very easilly (no tools) removed poles with built in stops on the coil master put it over the top IMO "
My Kuro has tool-less removal of the polls, they slide right in and out. I don't even see a way to capture them. If by stops you mean the screws on the end that push the wire as you twist, the Kuru has two on each, one marked "1" and the Kroger "2", 180 degrees apart.
The only difference I can tell, is that with the Kuro, it only has three off the pieces you turn, so two of the six polls share one, if that makes sense!

I'm tempted to order the coil master to compare!

I think anyone could be happy with either kit.
The review I watch, by Todd, said he preferred the Kuro for build quality, said it felt more solid. I can't imagine the coil master being less solid. The Kuro feels like light aluminum, and I'm sure the coil master is the same material.

edit: I'm starting to think the Kuro kit I got from RTD is a clone! I don't think I can post external links in a supplier's forum, but if you go to RTD it's under "wick and wire".

Last edited:

super_X_drifter

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 4, 2012
Somewhere out there
www.youtube.com
My Kuro has tool-less removal of the polls, they slide right in and out. I don't even see a way to capture them. If by stops you mean the screws on the end that push the wire as you twist, the Kuru has two on each, one marked "1" and the Kroger "2", 180 degrees apart.
The only difference I can tell, is that with the Kuro, it only has three off the pieces you turn, so two of the six polls share one, if that makes sense!

I'm tempted to order the coil master to compare!

I think anyone could be happy with either kit.
The review I watch, by Todd, said he preferred the Kuro for build quality, said it felt more solid. I can't imagine the coil master being less solid. The Kuro feels like light aluminum, and I'm sure the coil master is the same material.

edit: I'm starting to think the Kuro kit I got from RTD is a clone! I don't think I can post external links in a supplier's forum, but if you go to RTD it's under "wick and wire".

Todd is not exactly a coil master :). By stops I mean the flat spot on the pole you use to push the coil to the position you want it in an atty. :)

RuDawg7890

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 19, 2013
Sinking Spring, PA, USA
Todd is not exactly a coil master :). By stops I mean the flat spot on the pole you use to push the coil to the position you want it in an atty. :)
Haha! Oh ok...yeah I definitely have a Kuro clone then! My kit sounds more like the Coil Master kit than anything. Mine has the stops. It has 6 different poles from 1.0mm to 3.5mm. The real Kuro kit, you need to buy the sizes separately. It's almost like they took the Coil Master design and slapped "Kuro" on the paint!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread