Status
Not open for further replies.

glowplug

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 1, 2013
Lakewood, CO USA
as a teenager in the early 90s, Jammin in New York was my first introduction on cassette tape! and Bill & Ted movies..

bought the DVDs later on, was awesome to see him act it all out. I have the box sets now!

brilliant mind and comedian.

That hurt. It really hurt! I would have to say: as a teenager in late 60s.....:(

57chilicat

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 3, 2011
McKinney, TX
I wish I could say I was a teen in the 90s! I'm there with you Lynn! I was 12 in 1969! But the 70s was so awesome they made a show all about it! My students watch the 70s Show and then come to school and make fun of me! It's always good for a laugh!

Shaneguide

Ain't Life Grand
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2014
Saco Maine
my mom was born in 57.. I was born in 77.. grew up on the things she loved.. I'm sorry I made you feel old! I find a lot of people in my age group love the movies, shows and music from the 60s and 70s- it's good stuff!
I was born in 66 but the vast majority of my friends are all 5 - 10 years older than me so I developed the same tastes as them

glowplug

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 1, 2013
Lakewood, CO USA
I was born in 66 but the vast majority of my friends are all 5 - 10 years older than me so I developed the same tastes as them

I developed age appropriate tastes (damn, that psych background always shows up in my jargon! LOL) but I also loved my parents' music. Glenn Miller is an all time favorite of mine...In the Mood will always get my toes to tapping!

Megan Kogijiki Ratchford

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Jul 17, 2013
Arvada, CO
I developed age appropriate tastes (damn, that psych background always shows up in my jargon! LOL) but I also loved my parents' music. Glenn Miller is an all time favorite of mine...In the Mood will always get my toes to tapping!

I still remember blasting Glenn Miller at top volume with my punk self at the wheel of my volvo through Wash Park. I was stopped at a light as an older woman went though the crosswalk and did a double take at me then started some sweet dance moves. :laugh:

LynnNC

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 1, 2014
NC
My parents music tastes ran towards blue grass and church music. They both sang in the choir and my mom sang in a quartet with her sister and 2 brothers. No Glenn Miller at my house with the exception of the theme song from All in the Family which was my dads favorite show.

glowplug

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 1, 2013
Lakewood, CO USA
My parents music tastes ran towards blue grass and church music. They both sang in the choir and my mom sang in a quartet with her sister and 2 brothers. No Glenn Miller at my house with the exception of the theme song from All in the Family which was my dads favorite show.

I sang in the school concert choir, church choir and was an active member of Luther League. Thank goodness we had no restrictions on music or dancing! Parents loved country, big bands and the crooners of yesteryear. Andy Williams was a personal favorite. As I have aged, I have grown to love Dean Martin in his younger days. I have also become an avid fan of bluegrass and southern gospel music as well as my 70s and 80s stuff. Oh, and I remember hours of singing along with Eddy Arnold. Then there is jazz with a smattering of classical. Opera isn't bad either. Is this an eclectic approach to music? LOL.

69CamaroSS

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 8, 2014
Upstate, SC, USA
AAAAIIIIIIYYYYEEEEEEEE!!!!!!! Betelgeuse, why OH WHY must you forsake me so?!?!?!?!?!? EASILY one of the VERY BEST juices that I've EVER tasted and I can't seem to even get 10ml through ANY coil before that horrid burnt taste overtakes the deliciousness that it is! :mad::grr::-x

I spent more time last night building, dry-burning and rewicking that I did vaping! Sigh....I can't afford replacing coils in my Atlantis and nauti minis every day or two.....:shock:

Anyone figured out this conundrum?!?! I've tried EVERY conceivable voltage/wattage/resistance/tank/RDA/RBA combination. :?::confused::mad::(:unsure::confused:

57chilicat

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 3, 2011
McKinney, TX
OMG! All this talk about all this music made me start looking through all my old vinyls! Commonly known as records! Old Blue Eyes is turning as we speak! Thankfully I still have a turn table! I probably have a box hidden somewhere with some old 8 tracks too! What I wouldn't give to have my old Nomad back to go to the drive in! Fun times!

LynnNC

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 1, 2014
NC
Glow, I too sang in the church choir and the concert choir at school. I guess I inherited the voice from my mom's side of the family. 5 girls, 3 boys and all but one could sing. I'm a first soprano or was before cigarettes took their toll on my vocal cords. I'm still a soprano though. I just don't have that octave range that I used to have. :( My parents were just not into music. Neither were their parents. My own taste in music runs the gamut!

gopher_byrd

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 4, 2013
Peoples Republic of California
OMG! All this talk about all this music made me start looking through all my old vinyls! Commonly known as records! Old Blue Eyes is turning as we speak! Thankfully I still have a turn table! I probably have a box hidden somewhere with some old 8 tracks too! What I wouldn't give to have my old Nomad back to go to the drive in! Fun times!
I think finding a Nomad would be easier than finding a drive-in now. The infamous passion-pits, most of today's kids will never experience the steamy windows and walking over to the concession stand... How many of you drove off with a speaker? I did... :facepalm:

I have several hundred vinyl albums stashed away and I still have my turntable. I think I'll dig it out when my kids finally move out and I get a vaperoom/office...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread